Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals Board turns 5!!!
(05-12-2020, 03:06 PM)CoCoNuT Wrote: What's his Username?

I searched for the post where I called him out, but I can't find it now.  Searching for "Florence" and "Joefromflo" did not bring it up.  And searching just for "Joe" brought up hundreds of posts.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 03:06 PM)CoCoNuT Wrote: What's his Username?

(05-12-2020, 04:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I searched for the post where I called him out, but I can't find it now.  Searching for "Florence" and "Joefromflo" did not bring it up.  And searching just for "Joe" brought up hundreds of posts.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Who-were-you-on-the-old-site?pid=31929#pid31929
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
lol Johnny was lying LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 03:49 AM)Stewy Wrote: It's interesting.  I've never been on anyone's top poster list, and I just don't post much, except when someone has a Geoscience question (hehe), but I've been around every day since 2008.  I believe the old board started 2005.  I mention this not to brag in any way, but as a benchmark in my head.

The old board had more characters...oddities.....attempts to create conflict....assholes....smack talk.

Here there is more respect.  Open discussion.  Tolerance.  Sadly the smack is very much lacking.

In many ways the old board was more entertaining from a comedic and dramdic POV, but by far this is the better community.

I applaud you 'Holic and all the mods who have made this undoubtedly one of the best if not the best NFL fan communities on the internet.

Simply....thank you!

-James

p.s. - fuk Denny

Stewy, you are a top poster no question. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 04:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I searched for the post where I called him out, but I can't find it now.  Searching for "Florence" and "Joefromflo" did not bring it up.  And searching just for "Joe" brought up hundreds of posts.

Always liked Joe.

DennyG and him really got into it that one time and they knew each other off the forum and even went to games together.

I had to try and stop some fights between them a few times, it got rough. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 02:57 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Happy 5 years! I like this board because of all the knowledgeable members. I've mentioned before I'm a more casual fan and don't know a whole lot about football as a whole. I mean I know enough to understand what's going on but not so much the more technical stuff. I've learned a lot since I've been here from so many people.

Most people here seem to have a decent sense of humor as well which I appreciate. Also one thing about this message board is people might argue and get snippy with each other but people seem to not hold too much of a grudge once the dust settles. I know I've pissed off a few people from time to time with snarky remarks. I'm trying to be more mindful of that though and be more polite with less snark. :)

I do wish I had picked a better screen name though. It seemed funny at first as a Seinfeld reference but it seems kind of negative now and grown old to me.

Your username is fantastic. I do kind of miss the picture of George with the chips all over him though. Lol

Also, speaking of Seinfeld, RIP Jerry Stiller.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 07:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Always liked Joe.

DennyG and him really got into it that one time and they knew each other off the forum and even went to games together.

I remember how epic it was when Joe got banned. Like it was mini civil war in Jungle Noise.

I have mostly fond memories of the old board. I joined when it was only a few days old and lasted until it's death.

I'm extremely grateful for this forum even if I don't post as much as I used to.

[Cue Real Men of Genius music] So here's to you, Bengals Board. 5 years of fun, laughter, news, discussion and stupidity. May the next 5 years be filled with even more of that stuff (maybe less stupidity?) including multiple Cincinnati Bengals Super Bowl victories. WHO DEY!

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 02:57 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Happy 5 years! I like this board because of all the knowledgeable members. I've mentioned before I'm a more casual fan and don't know a whole lot about football as a whole. I mean I know enough to understand what's going on but not so much the more technical stuff. I've learned a lot since I've been here from so many people.

Most people here seem to have a decent sense of humor as well which I appreciate. Also one thing about this message board is people might argue and get snippy with each other but people seem to not hold too much of a grudge once the dust settles. I know I've pissed off a few people from time to time with snarky remarks. I'm trying to be more mindful of that though and be more polite with less snark. :)

I do wish I had picked a better screen name though. It seemed funny at first as a Seinfeld reference but it seems kind of negative now and grown old to me.
Change it to Simmy Cantstandyabitz. Ninja

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 07:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Always liked Joe.

Joe and I got into some epic arguments on the old board, but it was just the typical message board BS.  Like I said before, he took me to my first game at PBS.  Then at the end I caught him in a little lie about his military service and it got real ugly.

I don't remember what name he was using here, but I don't think it was Survivor Matt.
Reply/Quote
Five years already....wow. BIG thanks to holic and the crew for getting this thing off the ground and keeping it a well oiled machine. Like FiK and some others, this is about the only place I can talk Bengals football. It's pretty much a way of life for me. Best damn board on the web for sports, bar none. Great staff, great posters, great site! Here's to many more years!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 01:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: CinciREborn (I think he was a troll, but he was funny)

That video he posted of him playing that wrestling game where he created a Denny character, and proceeds to just beat the crap out of him was probably the funniest thing I've ever seen on either of the Bengals boards.

The dude was clearly either unstable or just a troll of epic proportion, but that was so crazy that it was absolutely hysterical.  I'm half laughing even now just thinking about it.
Reply/Quote
Just read through the old thread Bfine just posted. I had completely forgotten some of the names on there.

CinWillWin, is he still on here? The guy was a GREAT poster, and contributor to the site. Didn't he do a lot of the old sigs for people? I think he may have even done some graphic work for the team. Super nice guy too.

PApinhead... Another really good poster. He was in one of our early fantasty leagues we had on the other site I think. Looks like he's been gone from here a long time. Shame, I always thought he was a good dude.

Johhny Cupcakes aka Ron Mexicio... looks like he's still here? Post more, dude.

OSUfan... how in the hell did I forget about that guy? Did he get banned from here? Dude was troll city.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2020, 11:47 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: That video he posted of him playing that wrestling game where he created a Denny character, and proceeds to just beat the crap out of him was probably the funniest thing I've ever seen on either of the Bengals boards.

The dude was clearly either unstable or just a troll of epic proportion, but that was so crazy that it was absolutely hysterical.  I'm half laughing even now just thinking about it.

His shtick got old real quick, but that video was EPIC.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2020, 03:31 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I remember how epic it was when Joe got banned. Like it was mini civil war in Jungle Noise.

I have mostly fond memories of the old board. I joined when it was only a few days old and lasted until it's death.  

I'm extremely grateful for this forum even if I don't post as much as I used to.

[Cue Real Men of Genius music] So here's to you, Bengals Board. 5 years of fun, laughter, news, discussion and stupidity. May the next 5 years be filled with even more of that stuff (maybe less stupidity?) including multiple Cincinnati Bengals Super Bowl victories. WHO DEY!

Yeah, that was wild Philhos. I hung around on their for years before finally becoming a member and you were one of my 
favorite posters before I ever became a member of the old board. It was the best board by far at the time but this one is 
even better and by a large margin. Miss quite a few of the old memebers though.

(05-13-2020, 10:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Joe and I got into some epic arguments on the old board, but it was just the typical message board BS.  Like I said before, he took me to my first game at PBS.  Then at the end I caught him in a little lie about his military service and it got real ugly.

I don't remember what name he was using here, but I don't think it was Survivor Matt.

Naw, Survivor Matt is somebody else pretty dang sure.

Think Joe introduced himself in a thread in Klotsch at the very beginning and just doesn't post anymore for some reason.

(05-13-2020, 12:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Just read through the old thread Bfine just posted.  I had completely forgotten some of the names on there.

CinWillWin, is he still on here? The guy was a GREAT poster, and contributor to the site. Didn't he do a lot of the old sigs for people?  I think he may have even done some graphic work for the team.  Super nice guy too.

PApinhead... Another really good poster.  He was in one of our early fantasty leagues we had on the other site I think.  Looks like he's been gone from here a long time.  Shame, I always thought he was a good dude.

Johhny Cupcakes aka Ron Mexicio... looks like he's still here?  Post more, dude.

OSUfan... how in the hell did I forget about that guy?  Did he get banned from here?  Dude was troll city.

I think all of these guys are still around. OSUfan posts in the mock Draft thread a lot.

For some reason he doesn't post in Jungle Noise like at all, kind of weird. He always posted in JN on the old board.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2020, 07:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Shocked Can't believe it's been 5 years.
I joined OG board in 2010, so it's been a decade now between the both. I had started reading through the OG boards in 2006, but didn't join for years.

It's been impressive to see membership climb and the core group who came over originally all stick around (for the most part), even with the Bengals' decline for the past 4 years.

I hear ya, but as you know, to those of us who have been fans for 30+ years, the last for years are a ripple in the pond compared to the suck ass vortex of the 90's.  hehe
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2020, 11:22 PM)CoCoNuT Wrote: I remember Denny banned one of the iconic posters at the time to me, joefromflo

I was a big fan of his posts.
Someone should try to pull him back into posting.

A little history.

The old forums had two levels of access moderation Admin and Poster Mod.  There were very few Admins, and MOD's came and went like toilet paper.

I was a MOD for about a year, but dropped out due to the politics and BS.

JoeFromFlo was one of the original Admins.
JoeFromFlo brought Denny on as a MOD.
JoeFromFlo quit as an Admin and Mod.
Denny became an Admin with the power going to his head.
Denny banned JoeFromFlo for BS reasons, after Joe had brought him into the system.

Fuk Denny
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2020, 03:26 PM)Stewy Wrote: A little history.

The old forums had two levels of access moderation Admin and Poster Mod.  There were very few Admins, and MOD's came and went like toilet paper.

I was a MOD for about a year, but dropped out due to the politics and BS.

JoeFromFlo was one of the original Admins.
JoeFromFlo brought Denny on as a MOD.
JoeFromFlo quit as an Admin and Mod.
Denny became an Admin with the power going to his head.
Denny banned JoeFromFlo for BS reasons, after Joe had brought him into the system.

Fuk Denny

Yeah, Denny turned into a little asshole lol  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2020, 11:40 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Five years already....wow. BIG thanks to holic and the crew for getting this thing off the ground and keeping it a well oiled machine. Like FiK and some others, this is about the only place I can talk Bengals football. It's pretty much a way of life for me. Best damn board on the web for sports, bar none. Great staff, great posters, great site! Here's to many more years!

Wyche your awesome buddy!
Reply/Quote
I’ve been a member since the Packers Bengals Game in 2009. The Packers lost that day and Antuan Odom qualified for the Pro Bowl on that game alone.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 08:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I doubt there is anyone here from back then, but as the GM of the Saturn of Dayton store, my ID was STRN1.  Man, that was a lifetime ago.

Was that the north or south Dayton location?  I bought a new LS2 from the north location in Huber back in '99.  My salesman's name was Doug, and I believe he passed away some years later.  I remember they took a polaroid of me when I bought the car and they placed the photo into a large book they displayed in the showroom.  When I was looking for a new car last year I went there (it's now a Kia store) and had a look around.  The LS2 is still running 20 years on, I gave it to a family member some years ago.

Congtrats, 'Holic, on this board's fifth.  In some ways it seems like it was so much longer ago. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote