Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals Board turns 5!!!
Shocked Can't believe it's been 5 years.
I joined OG board in 2010, so it's been a decade now between the both. I had started reading through the OG boards in 2006, but didn't join for years.

It's been impressive to see membership climb and the core group who came over originally all stick around (for the most part), even with the Bengals' decline for the past 4 years.

We've sure had some characters here, but the best part has been debating with everyone for these years without going personal.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2020, 05:14 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I like that a lot of the great posters with an analytics background and such, came here to continue the discussion, but they've almost all gone now (Ryan aka Royle, Eox, etc.). Synric and CJD are still around (obviously), but this board could always use more of those types (AU165 has become a tremendous asset, on this side of things).

I miss Zerker he was one of the best Draft Posters.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
If I had income right now, I'd be happy to contribute again. But I probably won't have work for a while.

Edit: wrong thread. I thought this was the other one. Sorry...
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2020, 07:24 PM)Synric Wrote: I miss Zerker he was one of the best Draft Posters.

Pretty sure he was one of the alts of the dude that tried to shutdown the board. There's a back story there that I'll share with you sometime.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2020, 07:24 PM)Synric Wrote: I miss Zerker he was one of the best Draft Posters.

Need to pull up AIM and see if hes still around, actually does AIM still exist?  Hilarious

Yea, I joined the old boards in 2008 I believe and it was honestly the best group of people to have draft discussions with and this place has continued that. Simply no other place does it like this place in my experience, lets hope we are all mocking for pick 32 in the next couple years.

Lets hope this board keeps going for the foreseeable future.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2020, 07:00 PM)treee Wrote: When I found out boards.bengals was getting shut down it hit me really hard. I had a lot going on in those days and by that point it had become a home.

Dude, same boat. I was depressed hard when the mothership shut down. I didn’t realize I was on it so much. Personally, my world was crashing around me and I used it as my getaway. Then, nothing. I think I joined bb.c in 2006 (can’t remember precisely) and its great to see so many members here. Man, this is by far the best.

Reply/Quote
It's awesome to see an online community thrive and last for five years. I value this board for all things Bengals related: news, opinions, and the passionate fandom. I don't post a ton, but I certainly enjoy reading posts and contributing to the discussion when I can.

Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
I was on the old board, though didn't post much. I posted more here. In a Gameday thread, someone accessed me of being someone else and the name died.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2020, 04:50 PM)GodFather Wrote: My favorite moment was being free of Denny and his horrible moderating to guys who love the Bengals but can be critical when need be..

Keep up the great work guys!

I remember Denny banned one of the iconic posters at the time to me, joefromflo

I was a big fan of his posts.
Someone should try to pull him back into posting.
Reply/Quote
Dennyg2
@dennyg2
@BonnieBengal wouldn't worry about it. These new message boards always tend to fizzle out.

6:20 AM ·
May 14, 2015·
Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/dennyg2/status/598794957663633408
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2020, 05:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who was the guy who used to create his own draft rating by combining the top three source?  I am not sure but I think it was ESPN, NFL.com, and CBSSports?

I always found that very informative, and he obviously put a ton of work into it.

(05-11-2020, 05:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: OOh don't remember now, sadly Sad

Do remember the posts though!

That was me.  Glad you remembered. Those were labors of love.

I haven't really been interested in the Bengals since the 2017 draft.

Looks like things may be looking up for them though.  They had a very smart free agency and, it appears as of now, a very solid draft.

Congrats on the 5th anniversary! Glad to see the board is thriving.  Here's to another 5!   Joe

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Very nice message board. I do miss a lot of the older fellas though (and some ladies too!).
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2020, 06:37 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There is no message board in all of sports fandom like this one.  

None.

Not even close.

It’s true.  I’ve looked over lots of other message boards for other teams and this board is far and away the best.  It is the best organized, the simplest to navigate, and the easiest to access.  Each category has a specific meaning and all subjects related to football in general and the Bengals in particular are covered.  No stone has been left unturned.

However, what makes The Bengals Board the best are the people.  I might have met one or two of you in person over the years but I feel like I would like everyone on here.  Having a beer or a Chianti with any of you would be an unforgettable experience.  Can you imagine us having our own block of seats at Paul Brown Stadium for a game against the Steelers?  Then we all go to the Montgomery Inn Boathouse for dinner?  That would be epic.

My immediate family, sad to say, doesn’t like sports.  I consider everyone on this board my sports family.
Couldn't have said it better! I'm generally on here at least 3 times a day, sometimes I don't post, just reading posts. Funny how you can connect with a few people and never meet them. It doesn't even have to be football related either. Btw FiK, I'd love to play a round of golf with someday!
Reply/Quote
Crazy it’s been 5 years since the motherboards shut down and we had to transition out. I’m thankful we have such a great community that not only did we keep it going but we’re actually better off. I haven’t been as active since I started using twitter but I still check the boards every night before i sleep
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2020, 11:43 PM)CoCoNuT Wrote: Dennyg2
@dennyg2
@BonnieBengal wouldn't worry about it. These new message boards always tend to fizzle out.

6:20 AM ·
May 14, 2015·
Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/dennyg2/status/598794957663633408

It’s refreshing seeing him on twitter being honest about the Bengals instead of the strongest homer known to man that he was on the other boards. He suspended me a couple of times but I’m sure I deserved it
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 02:29 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: It’s refreshing seeing him on twitter being honest about the Bengals instead of the strongest homer known to man that he was on the other boards. He suspended me a couple of times but I’m sure I deserved it

I got a warning from him for saying damn once LOL
Reply/Quote
The boards are a lot like a five year old. Sometimes loud, always busy and only a mother could love it.

Seriously though, thanks to Holic for this undertaking. A lot of us had invested a lot of time and energy into the old boards and hated to see that community split up. Not all of us migrated here, but a lot did. And it's good that five years on, it's still a growing board thanks to the quality of posters we've got.
Reply/Quote
It's interesting. I've never been on anyone's top poster list, and I just don't post much, except when someone has a Geoscience question (hehe), but I've been around every day since 2008. I believe the old board started 2005. I mention this not to brag in any way, but as a benchmark in my head.

The old board had more characters...oddities.....attempts to create conflict....assholes....smack talk.

Here there is more respect. Open discussion. Tolerance. Sadly the smack is very much lacking.

In many ways the old board was more entertaining from a comedic and dramdic POV, but by far this is the better community.

I applaud you 'Holic and all the mods who have made this undoubtedly one of the best if not the best NFL fan communities on the internet.

Simply....thank you!

-James

p.s. - fuk Denny
Reply/Quote
Jeez, a lot has happened on an off the field in 5 years!

I'm based in the U.K so this board is still the go to place to get the real temperature in Bengaldom. Thanks to Holic and others for Tiger keeping it going.

Who knows where we'll be as a team in 5 years...maybe 10th birthday prediction thread is required?
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 03:49 AM)Stewy Wrote: It's interesting.  I've never been on anyone's top poster list, and I just don't post much, except when someone has a Geoscience question (hehe), but I've been around every day since 2008.  I believe the old board started 2005.  I mention this not to brag in any way, but as a benchmark in my head.

The old board had more characters...oddities.....attempts to create conflict....assholes....smack talk.

Here there is more respect.  Open discussion.  Tolerance.  Sadly the smack is very much lacking.

In many ways the old board was more entertaining from a comedic and dramdic POV, but by far this is the better community.

I applaud you 'Holic and all the mods who have made this undoubtedly one of the best if not the best NFL fan communities on the internet.

Simply....thank you!

-James

p.s. - fuk Denny

Hey you were always one of my favorites when a science issue would come up. Even when I didn't agree with you   Cool

As far as the entertainment factor, I think it's just those who chose to come over. The more ... Entertaining... Ones went wherever.
Reply/Quote