Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals Board turns 5!!!
(05-14-2020, 10:50 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Was that the north or south Dayton location?  I bought a new LS2 from the north location in Huber back in '99.  My salesman's name was Doug, and I believe he passed away some years later.  I remember they took a polaroid of me when I bought the car and they placed the photo into a large book they displayed in the showroom.  When I was looking for a new car last year I went there (it's now a Kia store) and had a look around.  The LS2 is still running 20 years on, I gave it to a family member some years ago.

Congtrats, 'Holic, on this board's fifth.  In some ways it seems like it was so much longer ago. 

I know who you mean...Doug Kerr.  Good guy.  He worked for me at the South Store until Huber opened.  I helped open the Huber store, but largely worked at the Centerville location.  Where I met my (EX) wife.  Haha.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 01:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: One of my favorite "non-football" posters.  Got married, had a kid, and disappeared.

EOXYOD was a high school kid that I watched mature and grow up on the boards.  Last I heard of him he was working for a marijuana grower in Colorado.  Maybe I should look him up "for old time's sake".

JohnnyCupcakes is still here but he does not post as much.  There was another funny member that seemed to know Johnny, but I can't remember his name (not Mikey).  They were entertaining.

I'm 90% sure I know who you're talking about, but I can never remember his name, either. But yeah he and Johnny seemed close. 

(05-13-2020, 03:31 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I remember how epic it was when Joe got banned. Like it was mini civil war in Jungle Noise.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Yeah it was. It was almost like a Team Joe or Team Denny kind of thing going on. Joe was the pessimist and Denny was the wayyy over the top homer. Although I heard that was all an act.

(05-13-2020, 11:47 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote:
That video he posted of him playing that wrestling game where he created a Denny character, and proceeds to just beat the crap out of him was probably the funniest thing I've ever seen on either of the Bengals boards.

The dude was clearly either unstable or just a troll of epic proportion, but that was so crazy that it was absolutely hysterical.  I'm half laughing even now just thinking about it.

Agreed. Hilarious 

The dude had to go, but it was funny for awhile.

(05-13-2020, 12:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Just read through the old thread Bfine just posted.  I had completely forgotten some of the names on there.

CinWillWin, is he still on here? The guy was a GREAT poster, and contributor to the site. Didn't he do a lot of the old sigs for people?  I think he may have even done some graphic work for the team.  Super nice guy too.

PApinhead... Another really good poster.  He was in one of our early fantasty leagues we had on the other site I think.  Looks like he's been gone from here a long time.  Shame, I always thought he was a good dude.

Johhny Cupcakes aka Ron Mexicio... looks like he's still here?  Post more, dude.

OSUfan... how in the hell did I forget about that guy?  Did he get banned from here?  Dude was troll city.

CinWillWin made like 90% of the sigs on the old boards, including the infamous Richard Simmons sig.

(05-13-2020, 03:26 PM)Stewy Wrote: A little history.

The old forums had two levels of access moderation Admin and Poster Mod.  There were very few Admins, and MOD's came and went like toilet paper.

I was a MOD for about a year, but dropped out due to the politics and BS.

JoeFromFlo was one of the original Admins.
JoeFromFlo brought Denny on as a MOD.
JoeFromFlo quit as an Admin and Mod.
Denny became an Admin with the power going to his head.
Denny banned JoeFromFlo for BS reasons, after Joe had brought him into the system.

Fuk Denny

Not sure how being a mod on a message board could go to someone's head, but it takes all kinds, I guess.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2020, 07:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm 90% sure I know who you're talking about, but I can never remember his name, either. But yeah he and Johnny seemed close. 

Yeah it was. It was almost like a Team Joe or Team Denny kind of thing going on. Joe was the pessimist and Denny was the wayyy over the top homer. Although I heard that was all an act.

Agreed. Hilarious 

The dude had to go, but it was funny for awhile.

CinWillWin made like 90% of the sigs on the old boards, including the infamous Richard Simmons sig.

Not sure how being a mod on a message board could go to someone's head, but it takes all kinds, I guess.

Wasn't the guy you're (and Fred) thinking of named Neek or something like that?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2020, 12:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Just read through the old thread Bfine just posted.  I had completely forgotten some of the names on there.

OSUfan... how in the hell did I forget about that guy?  Did he get banned from here?  Dude was troll city.

On the old boards another poster were going to fight him. OSU shared him hometown in a previous thread and the other poster said he was coming to get him. Can't remember the poster's name but he obviously got banned and OSU got banned as well. He came back as an alt that took about 4 posts to figure out. 

Some blasts from the past for me:

Brick

Sloppy Lombardi Slaps

The Burg

TBT
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Awesome! I was one of the first members on the old board. Since September of 2004. I dont post much these days. But I read every day....and havent stopped. Even when I couldnt get my password to work a couple of times. Thank you Bengalholic for keeping us all together.

Btw....I'm one of the reasons for the P&R section of the board. I never get credit though lol. 
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2020, 11:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: On the old boards another poster were going to fight him. OSU shared him hometown in a previous thread and the other poster said he was coming to get him. Can't remember the poster's name but he obviously got banned and OSU got banned as well. He came back as an alt that took about 4 posts to figure out. 

Brick

Sloppy Lombardi Slaps

The Burg

TBT

What happened to Sloppy? Remember Bengirlsmasher? 
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2020, 11:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: On the old boards another poster were going to fight him. OSU shared him hometown in a previous thread and the other poster said he was coming to get him. Can't remember the poster's name but he obviously got banned and OSU got banned as well. He came back as an alt that took about 4 posts to figure out. 

Brick

Sloppy Lombardi Slaps

The Burg

TBT

What happened to Sloppy? Remember Bengirlsmasher? 
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2020, 11:30 PM)jmccracky Wrote: What happened to Sloppy? 

There has been a string of ultra-conservative troll in the P&R section for years (GA9, Goldenarm, Sloppy, Vlad, Lucie) that I believe are just the same person.  Sloppy got caught posting some information that was directly sourced from StormFront, a white supremacist website.  I don't know if that was when he left, but I know it got the entire P&R section shut down on the old boards for a while.  

It is one thing to have a political forum open to all opinions, but it is another to be providing a platform for white supremacist propaganda.
Reply/Quote

CinWillWin, is he still on here? The guy was a GREAT poster, and contributor to the site. Didn't he do a lot of the old sigs for people?  I think he may have even done some graphic work for the team.  Super nice guy too.

Johhny Cupcakes aka Ron Mexicio... looks like he's still here?  Post more, dude.

CinWillWin still posts a little in the gamedays and in draft. Not much. There were a couple other guys that did sigs on the old boards. We need some around here as obviously I need my sig updated

JC still participates in the fantasy league, just not as much. BTW, now that you ate back on board let me know if you want back in
(05-14-2020, 11:31 PM)jmccracky Wrote: What happened to Sloppy? Remember Bengirlsmasher? 
I do not remember Bengirlsmasher. I do not know the story on Sloppy, but it appears Fred does. 

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 01:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: TheBURG (he once mailed me a Jeff Blake jersey)
RoyalRedLegs (Berserker on the old boards)
Wildcats (RIP)
JoePong (just playin, that dude was a troll)
Savage Henry
BANJAXED
Steeler Eater
CinciREborn (I think he was a troll, but he was funny)

Just a tiny portion of names that aren't around.

Wasn't CinciReBorn the guy who had the Denny issues? lol

Was posting claiming to be the real Denny and other such nonsense ? He was funny at times
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2020, 11:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote:  I do not know the story on Sloppy, but it appears Fred does. 

Not saying I know the whole story.  I don't know when exactly he left.  But I do remember that one incident.
Reply/Quote
There was a frequent poster on the mothership. I want to say his sig was a tiger bouncing. I cannot remember his name but I know we shared a love for Mitch Hedberg. He talked about going to see him near the end and it was pitiful.

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2020, 07:50 PM)jason Wrote: Wasn't the guy you're (and Fred) thinking of named Neek or something like that?

Rep.

Thanks.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2020, 12:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Wasn't CinciReBorn the guy who had the Denny issues? lol

Was posting claiming to be the real Denny and other such nonsense ? He was funny at times

He had one of the strangest entrances to a board I think I've ever seen.

He just kind of showed up and instantly started ripping on Denny, and was declaring himself The People's Mod, or something like that. I don't even think he really explained why he had so much beef with him,  If I recall correctly he never even really talked football either he just keep going after Denny. The whole thing was bizarre. 

And I have no idea that the Nazi that was Denny didn't insta-ban him.  Denny would issue me infractions or delete my posts for simply ripping the front office, yet this psycho just went after him, over and over and over.

To be honest, I never found any of it that amusing or noteworthy until that video.  Those created characters in a WWE game of himself and Denny were legendary.  The best was I think he was doing a voiceover while he filmed himself just beating the crap out of him in the ring.

In my head I remember it kinda like this...

"Yeah, you like that, Denny? (Pildriver)  I'm the people's mod. (Kick)  F#ck you, Denny! (Jumps off the ropes)

It was so incredibly stupid that it was hilarious.  I don't know who on here watched Silicon Valley, but it reminds of something they would come home to find Ching Yang doing to Bachman in a video game or something.

Like who creates their enemy into a video game to pummel in a wrestling match?  LOL

I really wish I could watch that video right now.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2020, 01:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There was a frequent poster on the mothership. I want to say his sig was a tiger bouncing. I cannot remember his name but I know we shared a love for Mitch Hedberg. He talked about going to see him near the end and it was pitiful.

Something like Pat5775?
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2020, 02:09 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Something like Pat5775?

I think it was a "tigger" instead of a "tiger".
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2020, 02:09 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Something like Pat5775?

(05-15-2020, 02:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think it was a "tigger" instead of a "tiger".

Could be I want to say it started with a T,

Not the one. Seems he had a tiger or a camel. Long time ago. 

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2020, 02:39 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I’ve been a member since the Packers Bengals Game in 2009. The Packers lost that day  and Antuan Odom qualified for the Pro Bowl on that game alone.

Yeah, been awhile Packerbacker. That was the game Odom sacked Rodgers 5 times I believe...
Reply/Quote
Do you know who I miss from the old board? The Bat. Whatever happened to him? Did he make it to the new board? He was cool as BLEEP and smart too.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2020, 02:08 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He had one of the strangest entrances to a board I think I've ever seen.

He just kind of showed up and instantly started ripping on Denny, and was declaring himself The People's Mod, or something like that. I don't even think he really explained why he had so much beef with him,  If I recall correctly he never even really talked football either he just keep going after Denny. The whole thing was bizarre. 

And I have no idea that the Nazi that was Denny didn't insta-ban him.  Denny would issue me infractions or delete my posts for simply ripping the front office, yet this psycho just went after him, over and over and over.

To be honest, I never found any of it that amusing or noteworthy until that video.  Those created characters in a WWE game of himself and Denny were legendary.  The best was I think he was doing a voiceover while he filmed himself just beating the crap out of him in the ring.

In my head I remember it kinda like this...

"Yeah, you like that, Denny? (Pildriver)  I'm the people's mod. (Kick)  F#ck you, Denny! (Jumps off the ropes)

It was so incredibly stupid that it was hilarious.  I don't know who on here watched Silicon Valley, but it reminds of something they would come home to find Ching Yang doing to Bachman in a video game or something.

Like who creates their enemy into a video game to pummel in a wrestling match?  LOL

I really wish I could watch that video right now.

Yes it was weird, he may have barely talked football a few times, a very few times ? The bulk, 98.9 % was trolling Denny. And you're right I have no idea how he survived for as long as he did ? Perhaps Denny thought it was funny ?
Reply/Quote