Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
The Bengals are a disappointment and Joe is off.
The Bengals are a disappointment and there is something wrong with Joe. Not sure what it is but there is something off with Joe this year. The confidence swag is being forced it appears not the same confident player he was.. The outfits is for show but when the actual show starts it is a dud. Not giving up on the year but this team is mediocre at best.

Not sure if it is the quality of the NFL that has changed or we are just not that good but something seems a bit off.. with the NFL and the Bengals this year.

Can anyone place their finger on what it is...??
Reply/Quote
Burrow and Chase largely are emotionless during games. Guys don't seem amped.
Reply/Quote
Tampa 2 defense. Same they they did to Carson 2006 forward. They have to learn to beat it.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:50 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Burrow and Chase largely are emotionless during games. Guys don't seem amped.

1. That is simply not true (Burrow looked pretty pumped after the TD).
2. Chase and Higgins don't ride high and never have.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Chase basically is doubled. Teams play Cover 2 and have taken the deep plays away.

We lived off of long splash plays last year.

This year...we rarely even try to throw deep.
Reply/Quote
It all starts at the top…

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:51 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. That is simply not true (Burrow looked pretty pumped after the TD).
2. Chase and Higgins don't ride high and never have.

Yes - After the run...Burrow did.

I meant in general though. He's emotionless most of the time.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:49 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: The Bengals are a disappointment and there is something wrong with Joe. Not sure what it is but there is something off with Joe this year. The confidence swag is being forced it appears not the same confident player he was..  The outfits is for show but when the actual show starts it is a dud.  Not giving up on the year but this team is mediocre at best.

Not sure if it is the quality of the NFL that has changed or we are just not that good but something seems a bit off.. with the NFL and the Bengals this year.

Can anyone place their finger on what it is...??

Sober up and try posting again tommorow.
Reply/Quote
Super Bowl hangover
Reply/Quote
Honestly Higgins not in really hurt us. Wish we would've used Boyd a bit more. But really not running the ball from the 1yd line is what probably did us in.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:02 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Honestly Higgins not in really hurt us. Wish we would've used Boyd a bit more. But really not running the ball from the 1yd line is what probably did us in.

The Ravens had WRs out too.
Reply/Quote
Joe was trending up the past two weeks but trends back down tonight. He’s not playing as well as he did last season. That’s a factual observation. There is still plenty of season left, though. The loss tonight hurt. Two early divisional losses really sting.
Reply/Quote
Apparently doubling Andrews and putting an actual fast corner on the receiver was beyond the mental ability of our coaches.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow seems frustrated with himself. He knows he can play better and must feel like he is letting the team down. He might have expected an awesome offensive line and they are not protecting him well.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:10 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Joe Burrow seems frustrated with himself. He knows he can play better and must feel like he is letting the team down. He might have expected an awesome offensive line and they are not protecting him well.

He's had protection just fine. It's on him. Seems he might be overrated and not what we thought we were getting. 

Of course, it sure seems last year was a mirage and this team are just a bunch of poseurs. 
Reply/Quote
I kind of feel like coming out in week 1 and turning the ball over 5 times has Burrow and our offense playing things a bit too safe for fear of getting all swaggery and laying a massive egg again.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:53 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes - After the run...Burrow did.

I meant in general though. He's emotionless most of the time.

He was at LSU too; can't expect serious guys to ride high all the time.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:17 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He was at LSU too; can't expect serious guys to ride high all the time.

I’ve only seen him super amped after 2 games and that was against the Jags and Titans last year. Even the AFC Championship he stayed calm. He’s just that way. Same with Chase.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:01 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Super Bowl hangover

Agree and said this after first two games, they got big headed and believed they could just show up and win in lieu of working to get over the hump and win a SB. 

Yet I get it somewhat per the whole city and fanbase was so hungry for a season like that and went bonkers like they actually won even. The players and coaches immediately went to rock star status and were loved by all.  Everybody wanted interviews and there seemed to be only one weakness the O-line and it was addressed. Can see how it may have got set on a cruise control attitude without even realizing it

Just thought with last years "lets prove the world wrong" attitude that they would not fall into that trap. Believe they get it going but hoping its before its too late

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:07 AM)Joelist Wrote: Apparently doubling Andrews and putting an actual fast corner on the receiver was beyond the mental ability of our coaches.

Bateman out, dont double Andrews, lose division game.

OBJ out, dont double Kupp, lose Super Bowl.

Reply/Quote