Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
The Bengals are a disappointment and Joe is off.
(10-11-2022, 11:36 AM)Housh Wrote: **** But this is a Super Bowl caliber roster that Taylor is f***** up

I think Bengals fans over-estimate the talent on this team. There is a reason that oddsmakers put the Bengals as 10th or so, not top 5. It is the Bills, Chiefs, Chargers, Bucs, Rams and others that are seen as having so much talent. There is a reason that NFL.com had only 5 Bengals in the top 100, and other than Chase (18) and Burrow (21), none rated very highly. Taylor managed to get the Bengals into the Super  Bowl last year with a team almost none saw as being of Super Bowl caliber. 

The Bengals don't have a powerhouse roster. They don't have the Aaron Donalds and Micah Parsons that devastate offenses. Right now, the Bengals have a young squad that needs to play seamlessly together to be successful. Taylor did it with this team last year, with rather remarkable playoff performances (all down to the final play). They were in every game this year and if McPherson could hit the FG against Pittsburgh and a couple of plays in the Ravens and Cowboys series and they would be exceeding expectations. Taylor got the most out of them last year, and I trust will turn the team around this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 12:30 PM)Nepa Wrote: I think Bengals fans over-estimate the talent on this team. There is a reason that oddsmakers put the Bengals as 10th or so, not top 5. It is the Bills, Chiefs, Chargers, Bucs, Rams and others that are seen as having so much talent. There is a reason that NFL.com had only 5 Bengals in the top 100, and other than Chase (18) and Burrow (21), none rated very highly. Taylor managed to get the Bengals into the Super  Bowl last year with a team almost none saw as being of Super Bowl caliber. 

The Bengals don't have a powerhouse roster. They don't have the Aaron Donalds and Micah Parsons that devastate offenses. Right now, the Bengals have a young squad that needs to play seamlessly together to be successful. Taylor did it with this team last year, with rather remarkable playoff performances (all down to the final play). They were in every game this year and if McPherson could hit the FG against Pittsburgh and a couple of plays in the Ravens and Cowboys series and they would be exceeding expectations. Taylor got the most out of them last year, and I trust will turn the team around this year.

You’re severely underrating the talent on this roster. They have a stud at every single level on defense. Hendrickson is an elite pass rusher who’s currently top 5 in pressures - and is behind only Garrett and Watt in sacks the past 2 years. And he’s not even our best DL (Reader). Logan Wilson is becoming a premier LB - especially in coverage, Awuzie is currently the #4 rated CB in the NFL, and Bell is playing like an All Pro safety. They literally haven’t given up a 2nd half TD since week 1.

The offense is obviously currently struggling, but the talent of Burrow, Chase, Tee, Boyd, and Mixon is about as good as it gets at the skill positions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 12:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re severely underrating the talent on this roster. They have a stud at every single level on defense. Hendrickson is an elite pass rusher who’s currently top 5 in pressures - and is behind only Garrett and Watt in sacks the past 2 years. And he’s not even our best DL (Reader). Logan Wilson is becoming a premier LB - especially in coverage, Awuzie is currently the #4 rated CB in the NFL, and Bell is playing like an All Pro safety. They literally haven’t given up a 2nd half TD since week 1.

The offense is obviously currently struggling, but the talent of Burrow, Chase, Tee, Boyd, and Mixon is about as good as it gets at the skill positions.

Well, it wouldn't be me underrating. It would be the rest of the league, since the only name you mention above listed in the top 100 of nfl.com's rating is Hendrickson at 44. I love our players and our depth, but I also recognize that I tend to look at our players with rose-colored glasses and others outside our orbit don't. And I don't see this as some gifted roster only being held back by the coaches. I do hope by the end of the year the Bengals roster grows into one of the best in the league and players currently underperforming (Burrow, Chase, Mixon, Boyd, OL) turn it around and become recognized as among the best. And that is my expectation. But if they do, credit must also go to the coaches.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 01:51 PM)Nepa Wrote: Well, it wouldn't be me underrating. It would be the rest of the league, since the only name you mention above listed in the top 100 of nfl.com's rating is Hendrickson at 44. I love our players and our depth, but I also recognize that I tend to look at our players with rose-colored glasses and others outside our orbit don't. And I don't see this as some gifted roster only being held back by the coaches. I do hope by the end of the year the Bengals roster grows into one of the best in the league and players currently underperforming (Burrow, Chase, Mixon, Boyd, OL) turn it around and become recognized as among the best. And that is my expectation. But if they do, credit must also go to the coaches.

I call the roster very solid. There's depth at some positions, and some are lacking. The big stars are Hendrickson, Burrow and Chase. Tee probably should be. The defense is full of lunch pail types that do their job and do it well. The offense has its hiccups. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Zac is staring to use tight end more. That is a good thing. In the past he thought they were for blocking only. Not sure but I thought I heard the defenses know what we are running by the formation. Not try8ng to hide what we are doing.
Reply/Quote