Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Bengals should be actively exploring trades...
The Colts are also apparently in fire sale mode after benching Matt Ryan. CB Stephon Gilmore and DE Yannick Ngaukoue are guys that might be available that the Bengals could hypothetically be interested in.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 12:29 PM)Go Cards Wrote: DE Bradley Chubb from Denver is in a contract year and reportedly could be traded per will require big contract to retain after season

Will not be real cheap probably but would be a nice rental for a SB run

That would be a helluva pick up but I’m not giving up a third or a package of picks ala CMC for a one year rental that’s sure to command high dollar in FA. If you don’t win a ring and he walks for a starter’s payday, which he will get, you’ve lost picks. Someone floated Yannick in Indy, which is more the player I would look at. A guy who can come in, be super productive as the third DE / first-off-the-bench but won’t break the bank resigning him come the offseason.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 01:01 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: That would be a helluva pick up but I’m not giving up a third or a package of picks ala CMC for a one year rental that’s sure to command high dollar in FA. If you don’t win a ring and he walks for a starter’s payday, which he will get, you’ve lost picks. Someone floated Yannick in Indy, which is more the player I would look at. A guy who can come in, be super productive as the third DE / first-off-the-bench but won’t break the bank resigning him come the offseason.

Would not give up a package of picks for sure, but would offer a 4th and do a 3rd even if they are willing. 

Think this is the last year we could spare a pick per we will need all the rookie contracts we can get after signing Burrow and company.

Chubb will leave after the season for sure though unless something crazy happened, God forbid. But would be balling out for that contract he wants throughout this season. 

Don't know so could somebody enlighten me, would we be eligible to get a compensation pick for him on a rental deal ? 

Because the comp pick would come when we needed it the most and his addition would be icing on the cake this year. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Trading for someone that can help has restrictions. They aren’t going to give up a draft choice. Why? If we are going to have money to sign all our good players we need draft picks that can start like Dax Hill and Cordell Volson who are on manageable salaries. It’s a way of making room. Bates is probably gone as we will plug Dax in and save money. So if we trade a player who’s expendable and can get us someone good? I don’t see that person on the roster. Money dictates everything. Some say we need a DL guy? We’ve got two guys that will be back after the bye. We just need to get to the bye. We need a cornerback? Again we don’t have that luxury. We’ve got Awouzie on a deal and we are developing Cam Taylor-Britt to replace Apple. He’s on a rookie deal we need him to start at his bargain rate. Big Picture guys. We want to be a contender for years and working that puzzle is making sure your draft produces starters at bargain rates. In order to finance 40 million QB contracts and 28 million receiver contracts. Being reckless like LA Rams is not the recipe. They were a one year wonder.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Jerry Jeudy would look sweet on this roster.
Reply/Quote
Maybe a 6th rounder for Terrace Marshall (WR) would be what would work for me.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 12:08 PM)Synric Wrote: For who? WRs and RBs are really the players being talked about on the trade block.... Maybe Da'Ron Payne but he's not really worth what they would ask for him.

As for Draft picks they will be at a premium for the Bengals in the next few years to offset the cost of some of the contracts that will be going to their young guys including probably 2 top 5 contracts with Joe Burrow and Ja'marr Chase.

Yeah, too much common sense in this post. Don't expect a trade. Still would like a 4th WR that is actually a touch scary.

Elijah Moore wants to be traded but he also might be a head case cause he wants traded from a winning team, so maybe 
no on this one if this is the truth. Going to need all the picks we can get to keep the team fortified behind Burrow, Chase 
and Logan Wilson. Need to keep these guys here and then have to draft extremely well.
Reply/Quote
I don't see any point in mortgaging the future when the future is now. JT should be able to win with this team. I don't see any future without cap casualties and we will need to replace them with draft choices.
Reply/Quote
I feel like they need another playmaker at DE. Someone who is essentially a sack guy and not much else.

Oline depth always. We always complain about WR4, but honestly that guy won’t see the field much or get many targets if 2 if the big 3 are in the game.

Trade for a damn running back lol. If Mixon is ***** footing around then it’s time to get a guy who won’t
Reply/Quote
An interior pass rusher, backup WR, and IOL would be nice. With that being said we only have 3 Million in cap space. So we would have be creative to make a deal work.
As for Targets
DT- Neville Gallimore Dallas
WR- Josh Reynolds Lions
IOL- Isiah Wynn Patriots
Any three of those guys would be nice.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 11:55 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Word FWIW is Hunt can be had for a 4th ?

not to a divisional rival... hunt last year of his deal though and unlikely to return with Chubb  so get something now if the season is lost
Reply/Quote
I think OL, DL and secondary are the only likely targets. I'm not sure we have much ammo though. And I'm not sure if we'd be able to retain the player for more than their likely 1 year deal. Maybe they throw around a mid round pick for someone but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 02:09 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I feel like they need another playmaker at DE. Someone who is essentially a sack guy and not much else.

Oline depth always. We always complain about WR4, but honestly that guy won’t see the field much or get many targets if 2 if the big 3 are in the game.

Trade for a damn running back lol. If Mixon is *****  footing around then it’s time to get a guy who won’t

Mike Thomas has played 30% of the offensive snaps this year. He has played more on offense this year than Samaje Perine.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 12:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Guess you don't want a contingency after Higgins (and others) leave(s) because too much money is tied up in our stars...

How daft can one be?

?? 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 03:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Mike Thomas has played 30% of the offensive snaps this year. He has played more on offense this year than Samaje Perine.

Higgins was hurt for the better part of 2 games though, which means a WR4 would only see those snaps in an injury sitch.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 03:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Mike Thomas has played 30% of the offensive snaps this year. He has played more on offense this year than Samaje Perine.

been down this road before.. look at the stats for WR4 across the league, they barely get touches.. sure we might be getting less touches but when you are 4th-6th option the WR tree you are not much of a target on a play, also Thomas is one of our best blockers so he is in more to block than anything which does add value 

If we are going to trade (giving up draft capital) for someone to contribute to the team this year, it is not  at 4WR... I could see TE though the more i think about it
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 12:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals clearly aren't in love with Carman if he's a weekly healthy scratch.
They essentially got Scharping to replace him.

Truth. Trading Carman assumes there's a market for him. Personally, I think they'll peddle him until the deadline and, if nothing materializes, they'll cut him. They need to make room on the 53 for Prince anyway. Unless someone gets hurt and despite the fact they play different positions, I don't see how those two can co-exist. 

I think Carman is particularly disposable, for lack of a better term. Even injuries may not get him on the field. Whereas Prince is a proven commodity, proven depth, someone they trust. I really think we're on the final stretch of the Carman era... granted I'm biased since I never liked the pick.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 01:30 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Jerry Jeudy would look sweet on this roster.

Funny you say that. I was watching the Broncos last week and thought the opposite. Jeudy has hands of steel. This is a player who was born with the yips. The fanbase would crucify him. In the open field he's an asset... but getting him there is the problem. A bit like Ross, actually. JMO. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 01:01 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: That would be a helluva pick up but I’m not giving up a third or a package of picks ala CMC for a one year rental that’s sure to command high dollar in FA. If you don’t win a ring and he walks for a starter’s payday, which he will get, you’ve lost picks. 

What if we traded Bates for him straight up?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 03:25 PM)tms Wrote: Truth. Trading Carman assumes there's a market for him. Personally, I think they'll peddle him until the deadline and, if nothing materializes, they'll cut him. They need to make room on the 53 for Prince anyway. Unless someone gets hurt and despite the fact they play different positions, I don't see how those two can co-exist. 

I think Carman is particularly disposable, for lack of a better term. Even injuries may not get him on the field. Whereas Prince is a proven commodity, proven depth, someone they trust. I really think we're on the final stretch of the Carman era... granted I'm biased since I never liked the pick.

Prince was easily arguable worse than Carman last year...how is he a proven commodity but Carman isn't?
Prince can easily be replaced.
Same with Adeniji.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote