Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Bengals should be actively exploring trades...
(10-27-2022, 06:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: B Cooks has a lot of money on the...books

too high of an asking price. Cincy is gonna get a clear #3 to Tee and Boyd

Usually in these cases the trading team eats the money this year. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Pryor does nothing for me as a Chase replacement. I am not banking on an UDFA to carry a large load for 4-6 weeks and maybe beyond. We need a vet because of the lack of depth behind our now starting 2, if one of those goes down we are really screwed (especially if it's Higgins). 

Usually you can get a solid vet on an expiring deal or close to it for a 4th.

He would have gave the team a speed option they don't have at the moment. Right now they have nothing to freeze safeties.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
FWIW, I do not think we will make a WR trade real soon. Chase is getting 2nd opinions. And I bet we want to see how we look without him for a game before making any decisions. Tee is struggling with his ankle as well.

There are some rookie-scale guys out there: Jeudy, Moore, Mimms. Moore would fit under our cap, but Jeudy would mean we'd need to get rid of someone (or more than 1 someone, depending on the cap numbers).

We have $2.7 in space, and releasing someonexwithout and dead cap (say Traveon Williams) does not quite get us to Jeudy's $4.1 mil. Finding a taker for Carman would help a ton.

Again, I think we will want clarity on the timeline and a look-see at how we pook without him. I bet we think we can win the next three anyway.
Reply/Quote
I've seen Mims, Elijah Moore, and Terrance Marshall floated around. I see jeudy rumored on the trade block. I think will fuller is still out there. Don't know but they should be looking to do something.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:27 PM)Synric Wrote: He would have gave the team a speed option they don't have at the moment. Right now they have nothing to freeze safeties.

No one is going to respect him until he wins consistently in actual games. The fact he stays inactive for the Jaguars kind of tells me what I need to know about him being the answer. If this was a game or two then sure having him would have been nice but I am guessing this could end up longer than even six games.

Speaking of Jaguars, a late day 3 for Marvin Jones is kind of intriguing.
Reply/Quote
Josh Reynolds would be a nice addition.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 01:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, too much common sense in this post. Don't expect a trade. Still would like a 4th WR that is actually a touch scary.

Elijah Moore wants to be traded but he also might be a head case cause he wants traded from a winning team, so maybe 
no on this one if this is the truth. Going to need all the picks we can get to keep the team fortified behind Burrow, Chase 
and Logan Wilson. Need to keep these guys here and then have to draft extremely well.

No way this team picks up a WR that is complaining he's not getting the ball enough.  Doesn't fit here
Reply/Quote
I really hope they prove me wrong, but I just keep going back to thinking...

The last time the Bengals traded to add a player in-season was 1972.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 11:11 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: And they should make one.

The window to win is right now. They should be trying to buy HARD imo. They could use help at interior DL, corner back. They could also use another wide receiver for depth.

I get frustrated sometimes that the Bengals are so in love with draft picks. Jackson Carman, Billy Price, Cedric Obghui, John Ross, Drew Sample, etc. are all exhibits of why I would 100% take a known quantity over a lottery ticket.

Make a trade, Bengals. The time has never been more right.

I agree,and a quality trade would be the real solution to this problem,but,you have to get it past Mike Brown first.Good luck with that.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:29 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: FWIW, I do not think we will make a WR trade real soon. Chase is getting 2nd opinions. And I bet we want to see how we look without him for a game before making any decisions. Tee is struggling with his ankle as well.

Except the trade deadline is Tuesday at 4pm. And their game is Monday night. That would not give a lot of time to evaluate and make a trade. If the doctor's second opinion is Chase will be out for an extended time, then they need to work the phones as soon as they get that information.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 04:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Chiefs just spent a 2nd round pick in the 2022 draft on a 4th WR and still just traded for Kadarius Toney. 
Last year the Rams probably don't win the Superbowl when Robert Woods went down if they hadn't already traded for OBJ prior.
And remember the Rams added Von Miller last year at the trading deadline. That was huge for them.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 05:09 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Was pounding the table for christian mccaffrey but everyone thought I was nuts. I know Mc is often injured but damn just imagine our backfield. Other than playcalling, it’s the backfield holding this offense back. Get a guy that can make shit happen from time to time unlike Mixons 3 yards per carry.

Can't really have $20 million tied up in RBs.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:19 PM)Synric Wrote: Yea. Brandin Cooks makes the most sense right now but he's a guy I'm betting is drawing alot of interest from WR needy teams. 

Honestly the Kendrick Pryor cut is looming large to me right now... 4.3 guy with some talent that showed up in PS.

Kendric Pryor currently has 0 catches for 0 yards for the Jacksonville Jags. Cutting him does not "loom large" under any circumstance
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 05:09 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Was pounding the table for christian mccaffrey but everyone thought I was nuts. I know Mc is often injured but damn just imagine our backfield. Other than playcalling, it’s the backfield holding this offense back. Get a guy that can make shit happen from time to time unlike Mixons 3 yards per carry.
Maybe because you were pounding the table. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 08:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Kendric Pryor currently has 0 catches for 0 yards for the Jacksonville Jags. Cutting him does not "loom large" under any circumstance

Hey now, there once was a player who had 0 catches and 0 yards and his name was Jerry Rice.
Reply/Quote
A tanking team looking to aquire picks and has already traded 2 players away, panthers. More I think about it I'd like the bengals to look at Terrance marshall. I know he was just drafted and a 2nd rounder last year but I imagine a 3rd maybe a 4th and maybe throw in Jackson Carman if theyd take him. Has the connection with burrow and chase from lsu
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 08:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Kendric Pryor currently has 0 catches for 0 yards for the Jacksonville Jags. Cutting him does not "loom large" under any circumstance

I'd definitely go after him.  He knows our system.  He's solid.  He'd be pretty cheap (maybe a 6th rounder).
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 06:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: Speaking of Jaguars, a late day 3 for Marvin Jones is kind of intriguing.

You beat me to it. When I saw people bringing up the Jags and Pryor, I was thinking why not try for Marvin.

He would not only help during Chase's absence, but would be a great asset and insurance for another playoff run. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 09:06 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: A tanking team looking to aquire picks and has already traded 2 players away, panthers. More I think about it I'd like the bengals to look at Terrance marshall. I know he was just drafted and a 2nd rounder last year but I imagine a 3rd maybe a 4th and maybe throw in Jackson Carman if theyd take him. Has the connection with burrow and chase from lsu

Marshall is a bust.  He's only played 4 games this year and has 61 yards.  He's basically the Jackson Carman of WR's.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 09:07 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I'd definitely go after him.  He knows our system.  He's solid. 

based on what? 

yea, he's a solid 6th receiver.
Reply/Quote