Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Bengals should be actively exploring trades...
(10-29-2022, 11:27 AM)pally Wrote: 4 weeks= 3 games Cleveland, Carolina, Bye, Steelers

5 weeks=4 games Cleveland, Carolina, Bye, Steelers, Tennessee

Kendrick Pryor is on the Jaguars 53 man roster. He would have to be traded for...and he is not worth giving up a draft pick for

Exactly, I said the Chiefs game 

My mistake on Pryor thought I read on here he was on practice squad. Was he just added to prevent us from nabbing him or has he been on the 53 in entire season ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 11:33 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Exactly, I said the Chiefs game 

My mistake on Pryor thought I read on here he was on practice squad. Was he just added to prevent us from nabbing him or has he been on the 53 in entire season ?

Been on 53 all season, inactive all season

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PryoKe00.htm
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Initially I was against the idea of giving up picks in a trade. Then it dawned on me that a team like KC just traded for Toney, and they're probably not out of the OBJ picture either. If the Bengals are really interested in competing for the AFC crown, they need to keep up with Buffalo and the Chiefs... We're now looking at doing that minus our best player on both sides of the ball. If Elijah or DJ Moore can be had, it's not the worst idea in the world.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 11:37 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Been on 53 all season, inactive all season

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PryoKe00.htm

Well guess its time to see what these ST'ers who many claimed Bengals would be fine with when releasing Pryor can do then. If any good at all they should be serviceable with Higgins, Boyd, and Hurst drawing most of the coverage. Sure hope so because if we lose 2 out of next 3 and become 0-4 in division it could get ugly. 

Off topic but this stretch of games will most likely dictate how much Higgins will be worth on his next contract. 

It could skyrocket or drop down some per teams will be looking for him to be a #1 if obtaining in FA.

So its kind of pick your poison, does he kill it (hoping so) but then unfortunately becomes unaffordable for the Bengals to re-sign, or struggle as a #1 and become affordable ?  

We need him badly now so hoping he carves out a huge contract for himself during this stretch. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Maybe my comment was deleted. What I meant to say is …. Maybe we have our own Julian Edelman on the roster somewhere…. :)

Reply/Quote
There is no reason whatsoever for the Cincinnati Bengals to trade for a wide receiver. Trent Taylor, Stanley Morgan, and Michael Thomas have at least SOME chemistry with Joe Burrow — even if it’s only in practice situations — which is infinitely better than signing a star who doesn’t know the Bengals’ offensive system AT ALL.

Never forget not even the GOAT could complete a pass to Chad Johnson in New England. Trading for a star receiver is NOT the solution.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 12:39 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There is no reason whatsoever for the Cincinnati Bengals to trade for a wide receiver.  Trent Taylor, Stanley Morgan, and Michael Thomas have at least SOME chemistry with Joe Burrow — even if it’s only in practice situations — which is infinitely better than signing a star who doesn’t know the Bengals’ offensive system AT ALL.

Never forget not even the GOAT could complete a pass to Chad Johnson in New England.  Trading for a star receiver is NOT the solution.

The Rams brought in OBJ last year.  Now they're reportedly in the Brandin Cooks sweepstakes even though they already have a couple of star WR's in Cooper Kupp and Allen Robinson.  

Chemistry is nice when the backups are actually talented.  Ours aren't.  Saying we shouldn't be looking at WR's because of chemistry is like saying we shouldn't have brought in a bunch of FA OL this past off-season because of chemistry.  
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 03:13 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Seems dumb to me. Put him on IR. 4 weeks minimum. Don't rush him back. One of the best periods of the seasons to have him rest 4 weeks is Browns, Carolina, Bye, and Steelers. Hopefully 2 if not 3 wins in that span even without him.

Yup. Worst case scenario he misses one extra game that he could have played. Giving him one extra week of rest isn’t a bad thing in my mind. We need him for the playoffs. We should make the playoffs without him.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 10:13 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This thread is basically...Hey let's trade for busts or extremely high priced players and hope they come in, learn the playbook, and replace Chase for 4 weeks.

The idea of adding another option / insurance to the receiving corps has been talked about since the offseason. The Chase situation just puts it back in spotlight, but it's still a very legitimate discussion to have, IMO.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 03:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The idea of adding another option / insurance to the receiving corps has been talked about since the offseason. The Chase situation just puts it back in spotlight, but it's still a very legitimate discussion to have, IMO.

Yes, myself and many others have been begging for a better WR4 since right after draft. I get it you're not going to have prime Jerry Rice as your WR4. But at least a proven experienced vet that has way more than a handful of catches. And you know? for this very reason.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 12:39 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There is no reason whatsoever for the Cincinnati Bengals to trade for a wide receiver.  Trent Taylor, Stanley Morgan, and Michael Thomas have at least SOME chemistry with Joe Burrow — even if it’s only in practice situations — which is infinitely better than signing a star who doesn’t know the Bengals’ offensive system AT ALL.

Never forget not even the GOAT could complete a pass to Chad Johnson in New England.  Trading for a star receiver is NOT the solution.

You think a guy like Marvin Jones, just as an example, couldn't come in and contribute immediately...helping while Chase is out and then providing insurance and another valuable weapon after he returns? I don't get people just dismissing the idea of bolstering the receiving corps for another playoff run. It doesn't have to be a high priced guy, a superstar type...just a guy who can contribute and provide insurance.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 04:07 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I like the TY idea. LMAO about Chad!! Ts, I have no doubt that he can still get open in this league. Stays in great shape. Savy vet! Plus he would probaly play for peanuts. Hell, bring in TO!  Sarcasm Hilarious
I bet he would play for McDonald's gift cards

Sent from my BE2015 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Brashard Perriman from Tampa would be a nice pickup at WR as well.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 03:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: You think a guy like Marvin Jones, just as an example, couldn't come in and contribute immediately...helping while Chase is out and then providing insurance and another valuable weapon after he returns? I don't get people just dismissing the idea of bolstering the receiving corps for another playoff run. It doesn't have to be a high priced guy, a superstar type...just a guy who can contribute and provide insurance.

This is the exact player that I'd like for them to pursue.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 03:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes, myself and many others have been begging for a better WR4 since right after draft. I get it you're not going to have prime Jerry Rice as your WR4. But at least a proven experienced vet that has way more than a handful of catches. And you know? for this very reason.

Yep and really surprised WR4 was not an off season addition in a "all in year" as well.  Love our top 3 WR's but talent wise it falls off a cliff the size of Grand Canyon afterwards. 

The Bengals rank 28th in opponents punt returns, so are these ST'ers really worth it ? Know one long return was when Thomas whiffed a tackle just recently. They do rank 5th in opponents kick off returns, but we can just kick it out of the end zone on those if necessary. 

People saying a new WR will mess with chemistry is not always the case either. Dallas was not doing much when trading for Amari Cooper and then won 7 out of the last 9 games and earning a playoff bid. OBJ did not upset the apple cart for the Rams last year either. 

Now Bengals can not add a star without trading Bates to even up the monetary cap problems it would cause. But can get somebody in here to help    now and bolster the depth when Chase returns.  

But not expecting the addition of WR except maybe Lassiter and just praying Bengals can get through the next 3 games victorious or at the very least win the 2 division games without Chase. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 05:08 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep and really surprised WR4 was not an off season addition in a "all in year" as well.  Love our top 3 WR's but talent wise it falls off a cliff the size of Grand Canyon afterwards. 

The Bengals rank 28th in opponents punt returns, so are these ST'ers really worth it ? Know one long return was when Thomas whiffed a tackle just recently. They do rank 5th in opponents kick off returns, but we can just kick it out of the end zone on those if necessary. 

People saying a new WR will mess with chemistry is not always the case either. Dallas was not doing much when trading for Amari Cooper and then won 7 out of the last 9 games and earning a playoff bid. OBJ did not upset the apple cart for the Rams last year either. 

Now Bengals can not add a star without trading Bates to even up the monetary cap problems it would cause. But can get somebody in here to help    now and bolster the depth when Chase returns.  

But not expecting the addition of WR except maybe Lassiter and just praying Bengals can get through the next 3 games victorious or at the very least win the 2 division games without Chase. 

If they lose the next two division games it could be "donesville" for the Bengals.

They absolutely should be serious about adding talent to make up for missing Chase(or possibly Tee) going forward.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 05:14 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: If they lose the next two division games it could be "donesville" for the Bengals.

They absolutely should be serious about adding talent to make up for missing Chase(or possibly Tee) going forward.

Hey Rocker! How’s life treating you buddy?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 05:14 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: If they lose the next two division games it could be "donesville" for the Bengals.

On top of that the deadline is Tuesday... We have no idea how any of this plays out either. It wouldn't be the first time in NFL history that 4-6 weeks turns into done for the year. Ja'Marr was smoking dudes with a fractured hip, which is pretty amazing, but I think they should really be covering all bases here. We can't waste any of these Burrow rookie deal seasons.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 05:16 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Hey Rocker! How’s life treating you buddy?

Pretty good PB!

Hope all is well with ya!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 05:22 PM)jason Wrote: On top of that the deadline is Tuesday... We have no idea how any of this plays out either. It wouldn't be the first time in NFL history that 4-6 weeks turns into done for the year. Ja'Marr was smoking dudes with a fractured hip, which is pretty amazing, but I think they should really be covering all bases here. We can't waste any of these Burrow rookie deal seasons.

Exactly.  

Gotta get as much out of JB when he's upright and cheap!!!

That's why adding a stop gap for WR shouldn't be the only thing they are looking to bolster.
Reply/Quote