Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Bengals should be actively exploring trades...
(10-29-2022, 05:22 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Pretty good PB!

Hope all is well with ya!

Doing well! Hopefully you guys can get to 5-3 after this week. Getting ready to take a walk outside. It’s gorgeous for this time of year. How’s the weather there?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 05:26 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Doing well! Hopefully you guys can get to 5-3 after this week. Getting ready to take a walk outside. It’s gorgeous for this time of year. How’s the weather there?

Really nice and in the mid 60s.  Perfect day for dog park and yardwork.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 05:31 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Really nice and in the mid 60s.  Perfect day for dog park and yardwork.

Also just watched our local Highschool Football team win 51-14 earlier this afternoon in their first playoff game. This is the best team they have had since the Mid 80s so it’s certainly awesome for the community. You still mowing your lawn down there or is the Fall color in peak there?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 05:34 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Also just watched our local Highschool Football team win 51-14 earlier this afternoon in their first playoff game. This is the best team they have had since the Mid 80s so it’s certainly awesome for the community. You still mowing your lawn down there or is the Fall color in peak there?

Very cool!

More picking up leaves and debris than mowing.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 05:37 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Very cool!

More picking up leaves and debris than mowing.

You in Southern Ohio? How are the winters there?
Reply/Quote
The Bengals aren't going to trade capital for a #4 WR with what they already have on the roster, with Chase missing the next 2 weeks, having the bye, then coming back for Pitt. 

They will plug and play and keep all their picks. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 11:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Bengals aren't going to trade capital for a #4 WR with what they already have on the roster, with Chase missing the next 2 weeks, having the bye, then coming back for Pitt. 

Best case scenario.  No guarantee on that.

You're probably right about what they'll do.

Can they win using existing pieces?

Should be able to with everyone else healthy.

If Chase doesn't come back and they lose another offensive target going forward it could be a very uphill battle.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 02:13 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So with keeping in mind the salary cap and the not wanting to have someone past this season, if the Bengals want to add a player the target should be Marquise Goodwin.

Seattle is in tank mode. Goodwin has a base salary under 2 Million and is a FA at the end of the season. Shouldn't cost more than a late round pick to get him and he can be explosive as he averages 14.6 ypc this year.

Seattle is about to beat the 6-1 Giants to move to 5-3

Should I inform the Seahawk front office that they’re re-building?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 08:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Seattle is about to beat the 6-1 Giants to move to 5-3

Go bet on them Frank.

No one in the world considers them a real threat. If they sneak into the playoffs because the Rams and Cardinals are playing like trash they'll be bounced instantly. Geno Smith is bad but yeah magically his 9th year in the league he figured it all out. 

It's a bad team playing above their talent level. They are exactly what Pittsburgh was last year but keep loving them. Jesus it's no wonder you get suspended and ignored as much as you do 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 09:41 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Go bet on them Frank.

No one in the world considers them a real threat. If they sneak into the playoffs because the Rams and Cardinals are playing like trash they'll be bounced instantly. Geno Smith is bad but yeah magically his 9th year in the league he figured it all out. 

It's a bad team playing above their talent level. They are exactly what Pittsburgh was last year but keep loving them. Jesus it's no wonder you get suspended and ignored as much as you do 

I think I was suspended once or twice since joining in early 2020

Vintage Murdock
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 08:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Seattle is about to beat the 6-1 Giants to move to 5-3

I mean... They are rebuilding. They're just proving you don't have to be absolute garbage to rebuild. People can claim they're tanking all they want. The fact remains they're competitive, and leading their division... Halfway through the season. This isn't a fluke. Geno Smith sucked his entire career. What's that have to do with the fact he's throwing multiple TDs every week right now?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 10:58 PM)jason Wrote: I mean... They are rebuilding. They're just proving you don't have to be absolute garbage to rebuild. People can claim they're tanking all they want. The fact remains they're competitive, and leading their division... Halfway through the season. This isn't a fluke. Geno Smith sucked his entire career. What's that have to do with the fact he's throwing multiple TDs every week right now?

who are you responding to? Because I believe the seahwks arent tanking, and are a good team
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 11:10 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: who are you responding to? Because I believe the seahwks arent tanking, and are a good team

They're definitely NOT tanking. I was agreeing with you in that debate. The Seahawks somehow won that Wilson trade.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 11:10 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: who are you responding to? Because I believe the seahwks arent tanking, and are a good team

Ima go with he's responding to you as you were the one he quoted and it seemed he was agreeing with you 100%.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Trades need to be more common in the NFL. The commish needs to start earning his millions and do some work at least to make it happen.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 09:46 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Trades need to be more common in the NFL. The commish needs to start earning his millions and do some work at least to make it happen.

How about this? Add an 8th round to the draft. For every trade completed, each team that was a part of the trade transaction gets an 8th round draft pick. No limitations other than 8th rd picks can NOT be traded; if every team in the league made 2 trades, then there would be 64 picks in the 8th round; if only 1 trade were to happen, 2 picks in the 8th rd. Order to be determined by team's record; ties by coin flip.

I don't care if this wouldn't work, I want to see it happen, goddammit!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 11:36 PM)jason Wrote: They're definitely NOT tanking. I was agreeing with you in that debate. The Seahawks somehow won that Wilson trade.

Yes. Trading a mid-30's QB for a ton of assets.

Where they avoided the tank was Geno Smith. He was a bust with the Jets, but guys can sometimes develop just by practicing for years. I watched their game with the Giants and he has a good arm and mobility. Seattle seems well coached too.

Maybe Wilson was the issue there for a couple years and they just traded the problem away?

Like here, in a hypothetical IF you traded Burrow away...the QB that came in would have 3 great WR's. A good RB. A decent line. And our defense is good. They could win with that. Burrow is elite.

Now if the QB was not elite. Like Wilson was only elite in name. His play wasn't elite...but another team thinks he still is and will give up compensation accordingly...

That's the Seattle situation.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 10:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. Trading a mid-30's QB for a ton of assets.

Where they avoided the tank was Geno Smith. He was a bust with the Jets, but guys can sometimes develop just by practicing for years. I watched their game with the Giants and he has a good arm and mobility. Seattle seems well coached too.

Maybe Wilson was the issue there for a couple years and they just traded the problem away?

Like here, in a hypothetical IF you traded Burrow away...the QB that came in would have 3 great WR's. A good RB. A decent line. And our defense is good. They could win with that. Burrow is elite.

Now if the QB was not elite. Like Wilson was only elite in name. His play wasn't elite...but another team thinks he still is and will give up compensation accordingly...

That's the Seattle situation.

I like Wilson, but I think it's proving out that the guy was overrated.  

He had a tremendous WR duo with Metcalf and Lockett.  When you look at recent trends, you see a lot more instances of elite WR's coming in and elevating QB's than the other way around.  Josh Allen went from a borderline bust to an MVP candidate when the Bills got Diggs.  Tua has made a massive leap this year with Hill in the fold.  Burrow's play jumped up several rungs when the Bengals drafted Chase.  On the other side of the coin, Rodgers is the reigning MVP and looks pedestrian without Adams.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 11:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Bengals aren't going to trade capital for a #4 WR with what they already have on the roster, with Chase missing the next 2 weeks, having the bye, then coming back for Pitt. 

I agree with this take.  Historically, the Bengals value their draft capital very highly, even if they don't always draft wisely.  Heck, it's only been in the past few years that we've been able to enjoy seeing the Bengals being "major players" in free agency.  Which is likely why they held workouts for a few guys on the NFL's spare parts list, and we haven't heard a peep about any trade rumors.  (though I would have like to seen them get something of value out of Jesse Bates)

I predicted last week that Mike Thomas would likely be getting the majority of the snaps in the "Z" spot, when in 11 personnel while Chase is out.  I'm going to stand with my prediction.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

I wanted a better WR4 goin into the season so no one can say I’m jumping on the trade bandwagon now.

The way Burrow plays there is enough food to go around for 4 WRs to eat. I saw this at LSU. The TDs he put up were insane and it wasn’t because the Tigers ran some futuristic insane offense. It’s because of who was playing WR and Burrow is just a beast.

I wanted to imitate that offense as much as possible and that offense had 5 great targets. I’d say healthy we’ve got 4 right now.
-Housh
Reply/Quote