Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bright Side of COVID 45
There haven’t been any school shootings lately.

So what else is good?
Gasoline prices and usage
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Social distancing is keeping people safe from other illnesses and sicknesses.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
The Sopranos is streaming free...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(04-11-2020, 09:08 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Gasoline prices and usage

I think this is a really underestimated benefit of this whole thing.

I think a LOT of jobs could be done from home, but companies don't like letting people work from home because then they can't keep their thumb on all of their employees' back.

I've worked from home for the last 3 weeks and I have been just as productive as before, but my quality of life is exponentially higher.

And that's before you even get into the lower traffic and cleaner air.

In the age of the internet, I think everyone who CAN work from home SHOULD work from home just on the basis of these three factors (worker quality of life, environmental and traffic/roadways). Fewer traffic accidents as well.

Hopefully, when this is over companies will re-evaluate their work from home considerations.
I haven't had to dodge people texting & driving lately. I haven't seen many police cars either, only sheriffs.

Everybody's landscaping looks great.
Through all that distancing and not meeting people some arduous acquaintances that have run its course anyhow will find their end. In that sense, I also found out that lasting loneliness isn't all that dreadful. That's my personal positive.

And generally of course, covid's great for climate and environment.
(04-11-2020, 08:39 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: There haven’t been any school shootings lately.

So what else is good?

Someone had a meme about this saying that with all these guns and ammunition being sold recently, there haven't been any mass shootings. I didn't have the heart to tell him that this might be because there aren't any mass gatherings to go shoot up.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
We were just notified that our auto insurance company is giving everyone a 15% discount/rebate for two months because miles driven are down and there are fewer accidents.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I already have years of practice cutting my own hair.
I get to go barefoot at work.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(04-14-2020, 11:44 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I get to go barefoot at work.

Are you on Baywatch or something?
Hopefully, more people are realizing that the biggest part of our economy is people who make very little but work a whole lot.
(04-11-2020, 09:08 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Gasoline prices and usage

It is good on multiple fronts. Less pollution. Fracking isn't viable. Less money to authoritarian govs.

On the bad side, the lower prices reduces some of the economic pressure to switch to renewable energy.
(04-16-2020, 09:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Are you on Baywatch or something?

I wish I lived at the beach. Too bad that county doesn't pay their teachers as much. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(04-16-2020, 09:28 PM)Benton Wrote: Hopefully, more people are realizing that the biggest part of our economy is people who make very little but work a whole lot.

Careful there Lenin...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
I guess those that are suicidal have something to look forward too. (Going for the hard sarcasm comedy there.) Decent shot of croaking if you get it. Wish I could get those type of odds on a mega millions ticket.
I've also gained a new respect and appreciation for the flu... A lil backstory; I haven't had the flu since 1989. That's not the point. I didn't realize how many people die yearly from it. It's staggering, and gives me a whole new perspective. A terrorist attack... Yeah but the flu. Natural disaster... The flu kills way more people. Who cares? Mass shooting... You get the picture.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/miami-no-homicide-seven-weeks/

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]