Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Browns "Quit"
(12-08-2015, 05:49 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: 2 things:

1. Jerry Jones is so bat-shit insane that it makes sense that he wants Manziel. Seriously, Jones has a weekly press conference. How many GMs and/or owners do that? He thinks he's some kind of genius so it makes sense that he'd want Johnny Football. Plus, I truly believe that Jones would party just like Manziel if he was in his 20s right now.

2. Is there enough talent in college? Nowadays college offenses are becoming so basic that QBs don't have to be that intelligent to run them. One scout came out and said that the majority of QBs they bring in for visits have no idea how to identify a defensive front. Gruden's QB camp will show that a lot of QBs don't understand NFL playcalling. They're so used to placards.

Spot on.

In reaction to Greg Hardy's girlfriend abuse news, Jerry Jones commented that, "He's a great teammate!".
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 11:05 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Hoyer is not a franchise quarterback, he is a place holder.  I saw Al Michaels talking about this a few days ago and thought he had some really good points.  He said that in today's NFL if you don't have a franchise quarterback then you are looking for one.  And not only from the perspective of play on the field, but almost more importantly from the business side of things.  You need excitement around your franchise in order to fill seats and sell merchandise.  A guy like Manziel creates a lot of buzz and hype, a lot of excitement for your franchise.  Guys like Hoyer and Austin Davis, not so much...

The thing with Hoyer is that he didn't want to play the veteran mentor role that McCown can, and will.  The New Browns are notorious for tossing rookie QB's into the fire and giving up after 5-10 games, this time it looked like Hoyer and McCown were maybe going to attempt to develop Fartball.  Hoyer wouldn't do it because he wants to be a starter, and McCown can't stay healthy enough to keep Fartball off the field.

Doesn't much matter though, because Fartball looks like he's a bust.  Not that anyone looks good QB-ing that crap franchise, especially since the defense disappeared.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 01:15 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: That was my first reaction too, but like Zona pointed out, it's likely the stains are 'showcasing' fartball so they can dump him in the off season. If this does occur, and they keep Davis, then we'll know they're slightly less moronic.

Good point. Didn't think of that.

(12-09-2015, 10:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I wouldn''t let him touch the field.  He is much more likely to give a stinker and lower his value.  He had a solid game against the steelers and then misbehaved his way in to the dog house....on purpose.

Mark it down, he will be a Cowboy next year.  He isn't stupid, he's just a jerk.  He knows that offensive line could be huge for him, as well as some weapons like Bryant.  Jerry Jones lives by "everything is bigger in Texas" and that includes egos, which Fartball has a huge one....unfortunately for the Cowboys, that is the only part of him that is huge.  I could care less.  I will just be glad to see him out of Cleveland.  

You are probably correct. Johnny Shitballs will be a Cowboy.
Reply/Quote
If I were Jerry Jones I would sign Johnny Fartball, RGIII, and Tim Teboner and then offer ESPN the chance to lease a section of my facility for 24-7 coverage of my team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote