Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Cohesive Season Done or Not Done Thread
(11-01-2022, 11:03 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: At what juncture was the season done in your eyes?

Week 3. This offense has had 1 and a half games where it's looked remotely good. And that 1 game was against practice squad players. The team hasn't looked good all season. It's always felt like a 3-4 win team/season. 

Look at the QB that have beat them? Now look at the remaining qb's they have to face. If Tua finished the game, that game would have been a loss, he was lighting the D up. If JETS didn't have to start Flacco, that game would have been a loss.

This team isn't very good, and hasn't been all year. They've beat Flacco, Dalton, Bridgewater, and Mariota. and it took to the last minute of the game to beat Dalton. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
For the record it sounds like the FO has thrown in the towel too. Their actions (or lack thereof) yesterday given the issues at wideout and worse moving forward with a hurt Apple and rookie CB starting is a sign they have given up on the year.

If they thought they had a shot they wouldn't be OK with moving forward with Apple, CTB, and Mike Thomas as key contributors.....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
We gotta get our ass in gear, but it ain't over yet!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 12:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: We gotta get our ass in gear, but it ain't over yet!

Nice no for WYCHE!!  
What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO!~!.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 12:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: For the record it sounds like the FO has thrown in the towel too. Their actions (or lack thereof) yesterday given the issues at wideout and worse moving forward with a hurt Apple and rookie CB starting is a sign they have given up on the year.

If they thought they had a shot they wouldn't be OK with moving forward with Apple, CTB, and Mike Thomas as key contributors.....

Mike Thomas drop changed the complexity of that game for sure!  I think you do have a point on the FO...   

There should have been some effort at the deadline... 

Great Points! 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 12:30 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Mike Thomas drop changed the complexity of that game for sure!  I think you do have a point on the FO...   

There should have been some effort at the deadline... 

Great Points! 

No single play changed the complexity of that game when a team is dominating you in the trenches for almost 60 minutes on the defensive end and over 30 minutes on the offensive end.Thomas could have caught that ball and the next 3 downs they lose 15 yards. Now, you want to talk about a back and forth game that is almost even either offensively/defensively or both, then okay.

Bengals were just the stains' little Beetches monday night, like a Boa wrapped around a rabbit.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 12:38 PM)higgy100 Wrote: No single play changed the complexity of that game when a team is dominating you in the trenches for almost 60 minutes on the defensive end and over 30 minutes on the offensive end.Thomas could have caught that ball and the next 3 downs they lose 15 yards. Now, you want to talk about a back and forth game that is almost even either offensively/defensively or both, then okay.

Bengals were just the stains' little Beetches monday night, like a Boa wrapped around a rabbit.

You are correct no one play changed the complexity of the game.   

Did you answer the question season done or not done?  in your view?

WHO DEY!!  
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 12:55 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: You are correct no one play changed the complexity of the game.   

Did you answer the question season done or not done?  in your view?

WHO DEY!!  

Not done at all, imo. We all seemingly had them done at 0-2 and they win 4 out of 5. Heck, even last year they had 3-2 game losing streaks with a couple of them later in the season when each loss knocked them out of the playoffs.

They need to win Sunday, go into the bye week at 5-4 ,get healthier, get Reader back, get the rookies lots of practice reps, give the coaches plenty of time to attack in the film room and beat Pitt. coming out of the bye to go 6-4. All of this can be done, imo, to right the ship.Again, the first thing these guys learn is put last week to bed.
Reply/Quote
Done. Cooked. Over. However, Mike and Katie are unimaginative literalists who would argue that there are nine additional games on the schedule and additional television revenue to collect, so therefore the season is merely incomplete at this time. ZT is as creative as wonderbread and Duke is allowed to make fewer moves than when Bob Seger was humming a song from 1962.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 12:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: Look at the QB that have beat them? Now look at the remaining qb's they have to face. If Tua finished the game, that game would have been a loss, he was lighting the D up. If JETS didn't have to start Flacco, that game would have been a loss.  

Tua was 8 of 14 110 yards 0 TD 1 INT at the time of his injury. In what UNIVERSE is that "lighting the D up"? And Flacco outperformed what Wilson has done so far this year for the Jets:

Flacco (in 3 games):
91 of 155 58.7% 901 yards 5 TD 3 INT 77.9 qb rating

Wilson (in 5 games):
78 of 142 55.4% 1048 yards 3 TD 5 INT 71.0 qb rating

Got any other bad takes?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 12:28 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Nice no for WYCHE!!  
What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO!~!.

It's like you read my mind..... Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 01:04 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: Done. Cooked. Over.  However, Mike and Katie are unimaginative literalists who would argue that there are nine additional games on the schedule and additional television revenue to collect, so therefore the season is merely incomplete at this time. ZT is as creative as wonderbread and Duke is allowed to make fewer moves than when Bob Seger was humming a song from 1962.

Seems like you put a lot of thought into this!  Thanks for the response.. and that song is absolutely wonderful.  
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 12:28 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Nice no for WYCHE!!  

(11-02-2022, 01:04 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: Done. Cooked. Over.  However, Mike and Katie are unimaginative literalists who would argue that there are nine additional games on the schedule and additional television revenue to collect, so therefore the season is merely incomplete at this time. ZT is as creative as wonderbread and Duke is allowed to make fewer moves than when Bob Seger was humming a song from 1962.

[Image: 742b6b3f-42b3-405a-abd9-680a56bda67f_text.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 04:58 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: [Image: 742b6b3f-42b3-405a-abd9-680a56bda67f_text.gif]

I love the quote from Animal House.   It does not get much better.  
and I love the OFFICE..
Reply/Quote
Oh Yeah Marlon23 rolling!!
Reply/Quote
To me, it's kind of eerie that the Bengals have the same bye week as they did last year AND their record at the bye week last year was 5-4. Then, out of the bye came the Raiders win and the Steelers win. After that, lots of things had to break exactly right for the Bengals to have that magical postseason. This year so far doesn't quite have that same feel as the Ravens are back and mostly healthy and the Bengals have lots of injured players.

Of course, Andy could beat the Ravens tomorrow and the Bengals get healthy over the bye and go on a tear. That's why today's NFL is so interesting. In the past there seemed to be more dominant teams steamrolling over everything. Still, my prediction is that the Bengals do get back to the playoffs but it goes through either Foxborough or Buffalo and they end up playing in one of those January, winter-wonderland games.
Reply/Quote
Come on Bengals keep it Rolling!!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 12:32 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Come on Bengals keep it Rolling!!  

I never replied in your thread here Marlon as I thought it would turn into a doom and gloom thread. 

It was one, but we are far from done. Should turn positive now... Smirk
Reply/Quote
Looking back at some of the responses and all I can say is SHAME ON YOUs Unbelievers.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 07:01 PM)jason Wrote: Last night looked pretty much like I feared it would (2020 Bengals)... I think they go 0fer as long as Ja'Marr is out. For all we know that's the rest of the season. The defense is decimated, and our offense is blah at best without Chase.

They done... Hope to be wrong.

Witness the power of hope y'all...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote