Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Cohesive Season Done or Not Done Thread
Not done.Simply because,as was stated before,they are not eliminated from playoff contention yet.But,Iwill say this,if they don’t make any quality trades,with having Chase,Reader,Awuzie out,then the future doesn’t good at all.The way things are right now,I don’t even think they can defeat the next opponent,the Carolina Panthers.
Reply/Quote
It's done, put a fork in it.

fool yourself to keep the season alive..it's over.
Reply/Quote
I think we're done tbh. That's not just based on the Browns debacle... let's be honest, in which games this year have we really looked that good?

I know you don't have to be the Bills/Chiefs to make the playoffs, but they look a world away from us. We were meant to be making those teams our peers this season. Not even close currently.

Injuries are also hitting at the wrong time, and we've lost critical players here for much of/the whole season.

The only plus is the schedule looks softer than it did at the beginning of the season. Only the Bills/Chiefs games where I feel we definitely lose. But tbh, if we can get humiliated by Cleveland than we can lose plenty of the remaining schedule too.

Either last year was a bit of a fluke, or the Super Bowl loser hangover does exist. I honestly feel it's more the latter, teams really struggle to follow up a Super Bowl loss with a good season. The Bengals as a franchise have barely ever been ready for success, let alone having to overcome the type of failure that other more successful franchises have.

I think we'll soon be talking about hopes for a rebound next season. I still think we should be a team to be reckoned with next year, but I did bank on us looking a lot better this year, and we simply don't.
Reply/Quote
Last night looked pretty much like I feared it would (2020 Bengals)... I think they go 0fer as long as Ja'Marr is out. For all we know that's the rest of the season. The defense is decimated, and our offense is blah at best without Chase.

They done... Hope to be wrong.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 06:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure the OP knows the definition of cohesive.

cohesive

kō-ˈhē-siv

NOUN

The stuff you use to remove an adhesive.

Mary used a cohesive to remove an adhesive from her who-ha.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
No ground game, no chances.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 06:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure the OP knows the definition of cohesive.
It is a play on words read the actual post "Stick with your statement" and it also combines everyone's statements that it is over from other threads into one unified Thread. Take Care. 

Alright this thread is the Cohesive Thread for is the Season Done or not Done.  Once you post on this thread you are obliged to stick with your statement.  

So I am officially stating:  The Season is not done for the Cincinnati Bengals.

Reason:  The Bengals will make an adjustment and they still have the ability to catch on fire in the next 3-4 weeks.  

If they do not then I am obligated to state I was wrong and will do so!

So make your statement is the Season done or not done for the Bengals? and if so why!

WHO DEY!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 07:25 PM)Interceptor Wrote: No ground game, no chances.

Thanks for being honest!  
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 06:58 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I think we're done tbh. That's not just based on the Browns debacle... let's be honest, in which games this year have we really looked that good?

I know you don't have to be the Bills/Chiefs to make the playoffs, but they look a world away from us. We were meant to be making those teams our peers this season. Not even close currently.

Injuries are also hitting at the wrong time, and we've lost critical players here for much of/the whole season.

The only plus is the schedule looks softer than it did at the beginning of the season. Only the Bills/Chiefs games where I feel we definitely lose. But tbh, if we can get humiliated by Cleveland than we can lose plenty of the remaining schedule too.

Either last year was a bit of a fluke, or the Super Bowl loser hangover does exist. I honestly feel it's more the latter, teams really struggle to follow up a Super Bowl loss with a good season. The Bengals as a franchise have barely ever been ready for success, let alone having to overcome the type of failure that other more successful franchises have.

I think we'll soon be talking about hopes for a rebound next season. I still think we should be a team to be reckoned with next year, but I did bank on us looking a lot better this year, and we simply don't.

You make some solid points!  Let us hope they catch on fire and have a good streak of football. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 06:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I already said that in my previous thing you commented on.

So we are not making the playoffs per your analysis and therefore you are stating done!  

Thanks for the answer Ochocincos 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 07:35 PM)Marlon23 Wrote:  Once you post on this thread you are obliged to stick with your statement.  

Kinda silly, isn't it? Season changes from week to week. If you had made this thread 1 week ago, you would have been laughed out of the stadium and virtually everyone would have said "not done". One week later, roles are reversed. Next week we may be back to 'def not over', etc etc. 

The season's not over until they are eliminated from the playoffs. 

Time to get back to my Tuna on Rye. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 07:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Kinda silly, isn't it? Season changes from week to week. If you had made this thread 1 week ago, you would have been laughed out of the stadium and virtually everyone would have said "not done". One week later, roles are reversed. Next week we may be back to 'def not over', etc etc. 

The season's not over until they are eliminated from the playoffs. 

Time to get back to my Tuna on Rye. 

Ding Ding Ding!!!  sounds like we have a winner!!   Nice post!!  

Tuna on Rye Hilarious I still laugh from time to time about that one! LOL!... Take Care!  
Reply/Quote
They are cooked.

If it was just about a crappy performance, Neh.

We lost Awuzie now too?

D and O is broken

Heck - even Evan regressed. A 49-yarder - so easy for him but that’s fine, he’s human.
But an extra point shank? Wow

Ps. Huber - thanks for all your many years but you should have retired.
You are not good anymore …. at all.
Reply/Quote
It’s not even close to done. They are 1 (1.5 because of tie breakers) loss behind the division. And 1 loss behind any of the wild card teams. There is a whole lot of football and division football left. Teams like the Jets will fall out of favor, and Chargers aren’t a lock for the wildcard. I don’t expect anyone from the AFC South to get in a wild card.
It’s likely going to be between us, NE, LAC, and MIA fighting for the 3 wild card spots.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 08:16 PM)Whacked Wrote: They are cooked.

If it was just about a crappy performance, Neh.

We lost Awuzie now too?

D and O is broken

Heck - even Evan regressed. A 49-yarder - so easy for him but that’s fine, he’s human.

Ps. Huber - thanks for all your many years but you should have retired.
You are not good anymore …. at all.

Thanks for your honesty!   WHO DEY!  
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 08:19 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: It’s not even close to done. They are 1 (1.5 because of tie breakers) loss behind the division. And 1 loss behind any of the wild card teams. There is a whole lot of football and division football left. Teams like the Jets will fall out of favor, and Chargers aren’t a lock for the wildcard. I don’t expect anyone from the AFC South to get in. It’s likely going to be between us, NE, LAC, and MIA fighting for the 3 wild card spots.

Nice, perhaps Baltimore will cool off as well nice post!  

WHO DEY!!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 08:16 PM)Whacked Wrote: Heck - even Evan regressed. A 49-yarder - so easy for him but that’s fine, he’s human.

Lay off Maybe Mac
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Not done yet but the ship is sinking and some serious bailing out will have to be done to right the ship at this point.

Just need to take care of business against Panthers and get to the Bye week and then regroup.

Hopefully getting Reader back soon and then Chase a few weeks later which will definitely help.

Heck maybe Reader can play both sides of the ball and block for Bengals as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 08:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lay off Maybe Mac

Predicted he would be given a new name soon

believe he will rebound and earn his old one back though

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 08:33 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not done yet but the ship is sinking and some serious bailing out will have to be done to right the ship at this point.

Just need to take care of business against Panthers and get to the Bye week and then regroup.

Hopefully getting Reader back soon and then Chase a few weeks later which will definitely help.

Heck maybe Reader can play both sides of the ball and block for Bengals as well.

Nice post!  
Reply/Quote