Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Cohesive Season Done or Not Done Thread
(11-01-2022, 03:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: How is the Division done when we are one game back from 1st place with 9 left to play? Do you give up on everything in life so easily?

Essentially two games back because they'll most likely lose the division record tiebreaker to Baltimore even if they split the head-to-head.  It would probably take Lamar getting hurt for the Bengals to have a shot to win the division.  And that's not accounting for the Browns who will be a threat if they can go 5-6 until the serial offender is eligible.  
Reply/Quote
Done.

Too many key injuries
Healthy players playing below expectations
Easiest part of the schedule is over
Taylor is drowning
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm going to say done. We don't have a coaching staff capable of dealing with multiple injuries. New Orleans had Andy Dalton and practice squad receivers and still managed to score significant points. Hopefully they learn some things a make a run next year.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:29 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: Essentially two games back because they'll most likely lose the division record tiebreaker to Baltimore even if they split the head-to-head.  It would probably take Lamar getting hurt for the Bengals to have a shot to win the division.  And that's not accounting for the Browns who will be a threat if they can go 5-6 until the serial offender is eligible.  

We're playing for a wildcard at this point.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're playing for a wildcard at this point.

Think they are playing for a high draft pick more likely.
Reply/Quote
Nowhere near done. This team has talent, they have heart, and they still have some (though it's disappearing quickly) time. This is the soft part of the schedule, with some guys possibly returning for the strong finish after the bye. This is the time to tighten the chin strap and get scrappy to get some wins and then with more strength going in the final stretch and playoffs when they need that momentum and to really hit their stride.

It could most certainly fall apart, but I'm not willing to call it just because they lost to Cleveland (again) in an embarrassing fashion (again). So, not done.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not done..... not done by any sense of the imagination.

NICE!!  WHO DEY!!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm going to say done.  We don't have a coaching staff capable of dealing with multiple injuries.  New Orleans had Andy Dalton and practice squad receivers and still managed to score significant points.  Hopefully they learn some things a make a run next year.

Your Honesty is appreciated!  

WHO DEY!!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:31 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Done.

Too many key injuries
Healthy players playing below expectations
Easiest part of the schedule is over
Taylor is drowning

Thanks for being Honest! 
Reply/Quote
My PREDICTION is that they now will miss the playoffs.

I predict anywhere from 2-4 more wins, which would put the Bengals at 8 wins max.

So if "DONE" = not making playoffs, then yes I say done.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I said in my thread about looking ahead the Bengals are in an important 4 game stretch. They need to go 4-0 or at least 3-1 during that stretch to have a shot at the wild card. The Browns game is the one I was worried about during this stretch because of Nick Chubb and Myles Garrett.

The loss of the Bengals best playmaker complicates matters but they are still in the running but really really need to bounce back the next two games against the Panthers and Steelers to bring up the record to 6-4 before going to Tennessee.

Still in it but they have a very tough second half of the season.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 04:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: My PREDICTION is that they now will miss the playoffs.

I predict anywhere from 2-4 more wins, which would put the Bengals at 8 wins max.

So if "DONE" = not making playoffs, then yes I say done.

Nice, thanks for the Honesty. 
Reply/Quote
Definitely not done. People are overreacting to the Cleveland loss. They spank us every time now. We can still beat anyone else in the league. Losing Awuzie is a HUGE blow though, cant begin to put into words how much that one is going to hurt. Losing him was 100x worse than losing the game
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 04:29 PM)Synric Wrote: I said in my thread about looking ahead the Bengals are in an important 4 game stretch. They need to go 4-0 or at least 3-1 during that stretch to have a shot at the wild card. The Browns game is the one I was worried about during this stretch because of Nick Chubb and Myles Garrett.

The loss of the Bengals best playmaker complicates matters but they are still in the running but really really need to bounce back the next two games against the Panthers and Steelers to bring up the record to 6-4 before going to Tennessee.

Still in it but they have a very tough second half of the season.

Even if they won 3, they'd still have to beat some arguably comparable or better teams to get to the playoffs.

BUF
KC
NE
TB
CLE
BAL
TEN

BUF, KC, and TEN are going to be clearly favorites, barring some future injuries.
CLE just whipped the Bengals again, so CLE can't be assumed a win.
BAL is leading the division and also just beat Bengals, so that's a toss-up at best.

TB and NE really might be the decision makers.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 05:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Even if they won 3, they'd still have to beat some arguably comparable or better teams to get to the playoffs.

BUF
KC
NE
TB
CLE
BAL
TEN

BUF, KC, and TEN are going to be clearly favorites, barring some future injuries.
CLE just whipped the Bengals again, so CLE can't be assumed a win.
BAL is leading the division and also just beat Bengals, so that's a toss-up at best.

TB and NE really might be the decision makers.

Done or not Done?  
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 05:57 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Done or not Done?  

I already said that in my previous thing you commented on.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Not sure the OP knows the definition of cohesive.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Not done. Really really really need to win the next 2 though.
Reply/Quote
Not done. The loss of Awuzie is a bad one, but there's still a chance.

A great deal will have to go right injury-wise to make it happen, but it's not impossible.

The roster is not constructed to win smash mouth football games. it's built to win shootouts and beat lesser opponents. If Ja'marr can get back to good health, then the offense can hang with anyone.

It's admittedly worrisome to see the inability to gameplan around Chase's loss. Any OC would fall over himself to have an offensive group consisting of Burrow, Boyd, Higgins and Hurst. You can cook with those ingredients. Well, maybe Zac can't but an OC worth a shit could.

As for the defense, I think Chido being out is the biggest challenge they face on a cumulative level with the roster. He's irreplaceable at this point. Fortunately I have a bit more faith in Anarumo to scheme around that loss than I do in Zac and Callahan treading water minus Chase. The defense still has an outstanding safety group and nickel corner. The pass rushers are terrific when healthy.

It's not ideal to be where they are at this point in the season, but it's not at the point where you give up all hope. The only injury I write a season off for is the kind that puts Brandon Allen under center for any significant period of time. The league is up and down and the roster still has too much talent to quit now.
Reply/Quote
Season not done.

Reason: Last year's experience where they continually looked done: KC 1st half, 1st game; KC 1st half, 2nd game; loss to Jets, etc. So, I'm not going to count them out.

But have some big holes to fill on defense and offense, and without the trades, needs some newbies to step up big time.
Reply/Quote