Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Cohesive Season Done or Not Done Thread
Gotta say the season is done. The defense is the only thing that has been consistent and what has kept us in it so far just took a huge hit with Awuzie. In the end it might be good because it will force young players to play in the secondary. Also the defense giving up more points will cause the offense to sink or swim on they're own.

Really disappointed with last night's game. I'm obviously a Burrow fan but great QB's right the ship and get the offense moving in tough games.
Reply/Quote
This type of attitude is why I don't post much anymore. I'm more of a "change my mind when presented with new evidence" and then let's have a discussion type of guy.

Instead, we have too many people on here who want to get wrapped up in proving people wrong or proving they are the smartest guy in the room, while conveniently forgetting all the times they themselves were wrong.

It makes the boards a toxic place and hurts the odds of finding any meaningful discourse on here.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 10:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This type of attitude is why I don't post much anymore. I'm more of a "change my mind when presented with new evidence" and then let's have a discussion type of guy.

Instead, we have too many people on here who want to get wrapped up in proving people wrong or proving they are the smartest guy in the room, while conveniently forgetting all the times they themselves were wrong.

It makes the boards a toxic place and hurts the odds of finding any meaningful discourse on here.

You are overthinking it.. this thread is actually designed to be the total opposite of what you are saying.. Keep it simple...  Done or not done?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:28 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Gotta say the season is done. The defense is the only thing that has been consistent and what has kept us in it so far just took a huge hit with Awuzie. In the end it might be good because it will force young players to play in the secondary. Also the defense giving up more points will cause the offense to sink or swim on they're own.

Really disappointed with last night's game. I'm obviously a Burrow fan but great QB's right the ship and get the offense moving in tough games.
Great points..  defense play has me worried as well 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 08:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lay off Maybe Mac
Maybe Mac is hilarious.. I am using this tomorrow..
Reply/Quote
Seasons been done. But it is officially done now. 9-7 isn't going to get you a wildcard spot, and if you can find 6 more wins then can I get a referral to your eye doctor?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 10:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Seasons been done. But it is officially done now. 9-7 isn't going to get you a wildcard spot, and if you can find 6 more wins then can I get a referral to your eye doctor?

At what juncture was the season done in your eyes?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 10:23 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: You are overthinking it.. this thread is actually designed to be the total opposite of what you are saying.. Keep it simple...  Done or not done?

Well I liked the thread idea until you suggested that you'd be keeping tabs and holding people to what they predicted.

To answer you, no, I don't think the season is done. I think the problem is mostly that teams within our division have drafted to stop us and adjusted how they play us, and we haven't adjusted to those adjustments.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 12:13 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well I liked the thread idea until you suggested that you'd be keeping tabs and holding people to what they predicted.

To answer you, no, I don't think the season is done. I think the problem is mostly that teams within our division have drafted to stop us and adjusted how they play us, and we haven't adjusted to those adjustments.

Not done Nice!!!!
I said in my first post I will admit as well if I am wrong this is àll inclusive and a football forum which is supposed to be fun..
Oh and I am keeping tabs after this is done  I am going straight to a notary and have it signed off on...  (:"  
Reply/Quote
So I've been in this thread saying the season is done.

I have just done a full season predictor for each remaining game.

Bengals get the #7 seed and 10-7 according to me. Had us losing the Browns, Bills and Chiefs games.

Ravens I don't see not winning the division.

I tend to be pessimistic about my team and optimistic about rivals when doing these things, but I don't think I was too mad in what I was predicting.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 08:59 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: So I've been in this thread saying the season is done.

I have just done a full season predictor for each remaining game.

Bengals get the #7 seed and 10-7 according to me. Had us losing the Browns, Bills and Chiefs games.

Ravens I don't see not winning the division.

I tend to be pessimistic about my team and optimistic about rivals when doing these things, but I don't think I was too mad in what I was predicting.

A Re-Evaluation nicely done TCK and if a team gets into the playoffs anything can happen!  

Nice!.. 
Reply/Quote
We don’t have faith in the offense that’s why we think the season is over, myself included. Even with a bad D this team should be built to win a shootout. This team should be scoring mid -high 20’s even without Chase and has enough weapons to out score the Panthers , Steelers, Titans and with the bye mixed in hopefully you get Chase back after that. Beat the Panthers and hopefully get Reader and Tupou back after the bye. My plan on D would be play cover 2 keep everything in front of us , light box dear teams to run , hold in the redzone. Think with the DT rotation healthy , Hill and Carter can be more effective pass rushers cause they won’t be playing a million snaps and Hendrickson can use the bye to rest up.
Reply/Quote
DONE

This thread should have included a poll, for what it's worth.
Reply/Quote
I say DONE, but there is an outside chance at a Wildcard. No way they win the Division when you look at Baltimore's remaining schedule.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 09:24 AM)Tomkat Wrote: DONE

This thread should have included a poll, for what it's worth.

Thanks for the answer and should have had one!  
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 09:39 AM)Foolishpride Wrote: I say DONE, but there is an outside chance at a Wildcard.  No way they win the Division when you look at Baltimore's remaining schedule.

Done... thanks for the answer. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 09:20 AM)lone bengal Wrote: We don’t have faith in the offense that’s why we think the season is over, myself included. Even with a bad D this team should be built to win a shootout. This team should be scoring mid -high 20’s even without Chase and has enough weapons to out score the Panthers , Steelers, Titans and with the bye mixed in hopefully you get Chase back after that.  Beat the Panthers  and hopefully get Reader and Tupou back after the bye. My plan on D would  be play cover 2 keep everything in front of us , light box dear teams to run , hold in the redzone.  Think with the DT rotation healthy , Hill and Carter can be more effective pass rushers cause they won’t be playing a million snaps and Hendrickson can use the bye to rest up.

Good answer...  
Reply/Quote
I appreciate what the OP is trying to do, but I think it'd have been better to do like a sig bet or something.

For what it's worth, the season is NOT over.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 10:15 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I appreciate what the OP is trying to do, but I think it'd have been better to do like a sig bet or something.

For what it's worth, the season is NOT over.

Not over for PhilHos nice!!  
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 10:26 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Not over for PhilHos nice!!  

I mean, Burrow is one of the top 5 (top 3 IMO) QBs in the league TODAY. With him, we ALWAYS have a chance to win the game. Even with his struggles this year, I know he'll find a way to overcome and we'll be sharing in his successes.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote