Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Crying is Embarrassing
From the supposedly unbiased sports media. And I loved every minute of it.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 09:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: From the supposedly unbiased sports media. And I loved every minute of it.

Feel like I owe somebody some money for that entertainment 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I’m not watching 8 minutes of Stephen A Smith, but the beginning was pretty funny. :lol:

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 10:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not watching 8 minutes of Stephen A Smith, but the beginning was pretty funny. LOL

Ryan Clark was harsh, but accurate.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
My God they are whining so hard.

Mike Tonkin has always been a mediocre to terrible coach coasting off Bill Cowhers roster.
Reply/Quote
It’s glorious
Reply/Quote
Steven A Smith is embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 10:12 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: My God they are whining so hard.

Mike Tonkin has always been a mediocre to terrible coach coasting off Bill Cowhers roster.

Bill Cowher stopped coaching in 2007. That is 14 seasons ago
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 12:06 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Bill Cowher stopped coaching in 2007. That is 14 seasons ago

From '07-'10, Tomlin had a 5-2 playoff record, including 2 SB appearances and one SB win.

Since then, he has a playoff record of 3-6 and hasn't won a playoff game since '16.  
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 12:06 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Bill Cowher stopped coaching in 2007. That is 14 seasons ago

It was a very impressive coasting job.
Reply/Quote
How about some cliffs for those of us who don't want to listen to that jackass?
[Image: proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2...a3b09aaec9]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 12:58 AM)Whatever Wrote: From '07-'10, Tomlin had a 5-2 playoff record, including 2 SB appearances and one SB win.

Since then, he has a playoff record of 3-6 and hasn't won a playoff game since '16.  

Bill was 8-8 his last year, yes the Steelers still had talent but Tomlin did a good job and by 2010 on offense there was few starters left from 2006 team.  I agree Tomlin has not achieved well over last decade but he still has not had a losing season and made the playoffs six times in last 10 years so he is far from mediocre coach. 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 04:26 AM)UKWhoDey Wrote: How about some cliffs for those of us who don't want to listen to that jackass?

Best I can do;

Stephen A: wah wah wah wah wah wah wah

The rest: we agree

Stephen A: wah wah wah wah wah wah wah

The rest: we agree

Ad nauseum 
Reply/Quote
Basically 8 minutes of classic steeler fans living in the past. Tons of references to the "old steelers" and their teams of the 70s where just about every player made the HOF.

Stephen A. used the word embarrassing as much as Allen Iverson used "practice" in his rant.

The group all basically said the same thing over and over: the steelers are soft, and they don't have any pride. There was not one ounce of credit given to Cincinnati (which doesn't surprise me), but only complaints about how soft the steelers are playing. Ryan Clark went as far as saying: "These are the Bengals, who lost to the Jets and got pounded by the Browns at their own stadium". I wish I was there to cheekily remind him that this is also the Bengals team that before 3 straight road games pounded pitt at their own stadium and the Ravens at theirs.

One last odd point: At roughly 7:35, Stephen A. said "they couldn't even get a damn penalty". I have no idea what that was in reference to. Was he complaining about officiating? That would be rich. Or maybe he was expecting a Kimo-like assassination attempt?

The bottom line is: the steelers lost their intimidation factor when the league started policing leading with the helmet. It has long been their weapon of intimidation. It is gone. They have no answer. They are not a few players away. They are dead and buried. I waited a long time for Jim Tressel to turn the tide at OSU vs. Michigan (not remotely close to my love for the Bengals...not even in the same universe, let alone the same zip code) but I knew it was coming. And Michigan was down for nearly 20 years. It is time the steelers, and their legion of fat loser fans, face two decades of ineptitude and embarrassment. Enjoy, pitt. I am pissing on your ashes.
Reply/Quote
He used the word embarrassing so much because these are classic stealers fans who get their self-worth from being "part of stealer nation" and since the team they root for is tough so are they. Like that means anything, any loser can buy stealers gear and say the same thing. As the mantle shifts, just watch them become "Bengals fans"
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 10:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not watching 8 minutes of Stephen A Smith, but the beginning was pretty funny. LOL

(12-01-2021, 11:52 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Steven A Smith is embarrassing.

I am not one of those guys who hates every game announcer and cries about how he can not even watch ESPN.  I rarely even pay attention to who is calling the game and I have no problem with most analyst on TV.

But I just cannot watch Stephen A. Smith, Skip Bayless, or anyone on "First Take". 
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't personally call that crying.
It's simply stating that the team used to be good and feared, but now it isn't.
And Roethlisberger is on his last leg.
I don't think this team is a true playoff contender (even if they make the playoffs), so it might make sense for Roethlisberger to consider retirement after this year or next. The other two main QBs from his draft class - Rivers and Eli - have both retired.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 09:27 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The bottom line is:  the steelers lost their intimidation factor when the league started policing leading with the helmet.  It has long been their weapon of intimidation.  It is gone.  They have no answer.  They are not a few players away.  They are dead and buried.  

This. This is exactly what I was going to post. Now that the league is cracking down on cheap shots and spearing, they ain't shit. I've raised that point a time or two on various threads. This is exactly the bottom line. No one fears them because they can't cheap shot folks and get away with it anymore. It's obvious their demise coincided with the crack down on helmet to helmet hits. No more "keeping your head on a swivel".

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 09:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He used the word embarrassing so much because these are classic stealers fans who get their self-worth from being "part of stealer nation" and since the team they root for is tough so are they. Like that means anything, any loser can buy stealers gear and say the same thing. As the mantle shifts, just watch them become "Bengals fans"

This is one of the most accurate and unbiased things ever posted on this board.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
They sounded angry that the Bengals were celebrating. Oh and the first play he ever saw was the Immaculate Reception? Never saw a football game before and then just happened to walk in the room then?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote