Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Current State of the OL Room
(05-05-2022, 08:26 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote:  He reinjured his back after he had been cleared by our doctors. 

When.

He was in and out of the lineup for a bunch of different reasons.  Which time are you talking about?
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2022, 12:46 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Mocking another's "limited" evidence after using an example of one to try to disprove.   Hilarious

You fail to see the difference between "proving my point", and "disproving an absolute".

I did not use Gronk's recovery to prove that Carman WILL be fine.

I used Gronk's recovery to prove that Carman COULD be fine.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2022, 12:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When.

He was in and out of the lineup for a bunch of different reasons.  Which time are you talking about?

The time he missed the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2022, 05:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Frankly, let both Adeniji and Prince go and add one vet OL that can play both OG and OT.
Ereck Flowers or Spain are better at OG but can play OT in a pinch.

I like the room overall from where we were. But hard not to agree with this. 
Reply/Quote
I’m fine with keeping Prince for OT depth. Fred Johnson is gone, and D’Ante Smith is an unknown at this point. Adeniji is the one guy I hope doesn’t make the final 53.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2022, 11:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who does that?

Maybe a guy who could not work out 100% because he was recovering from back surgery?

Link? Everything I’ve read is his back problems started with the Jets game.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2022, 09:27 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Link? Everything I’ve read is his back problems started with the Jets game.

Jackson Carman had offseason back surgery; still was Bengals’ top target coming into Day 2 - Cincy Jungle
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2022, 02:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m fine with keeping Prince for OT depth. Fred Johnson is gone, and D’Ante Smith is an unknown at this point. Adeniji is the one guy I hope doesn’t make the final 53.

Prince allowed 3 sacks on just 224 pass block snaps played in the regular season.
Add 2 more sacks in the postseason with just 171 pass block snaps.
Totaling 5 sacks on 395 pass block snaps.

His PFF pass block grade was 49.5 in regular season, 31.8 in postseason.

Dude shouldn't be on the team if the Bengals are trying to prioritize pass blocking.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2022, 01:05 AM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: The time he missed the Super Bowl.

Jackson Carman played in the Super Bowl.

Where are you coming up with this story?
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2022, 09:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Jackson Carman had offseason back surgery; still was Bengals’ top target coming into Day 2 - Cincy Jungle

Thanks but from what I’ve been told and other comments the team was disappointed he came in out of shape.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2022, 12:26 AM)tms Wrote: It's crazy to me that we're not even talking about the Carman story. Literally one week ago it was front-page news. Now it's ancient history. That whole thing was pretty damn strange, as if there was an invisible hand trying to throw him under the bus.

Where there's smoke there's fire. And there's a helluva lot of smoke around him. Did he show up to voluntary workouts? I think he's done on this team and they're just trying to figure out how to announce it.

I think this is crazy speculation from an outsider that has no intimate knowledge of the situation. If he was done on this team it would stand to reason that they would have looked to invest in the O line a bit more than they did. There is not a helluva lot of smoke around him, again just spin doctoring of the current situation.

Maybe it is old news because there was nothing to it. What you left out of your sentencing of him was how old the story was to begin with.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2022, 09:47 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Prince allowed 3 sacks on just 224 pass block snaps played in the regular season.
Add 2 more sacks in the postseason with just 171 pass block snaps.
Totaling 5 sacks on 395 pass block snaps.

His PFF pass block grade was 49.5 in regular season, 31.8 in postseason.

Dude shouldn't be on the team if the Bengals are trying to prioritize pass blocking.

I’m all for bringing in someone better, but I don’t think that’s happening. They seem pretty set with this group. Giving out Spain’s # probably all but guarantees he’s not coming back.

Again, I’m not arguing for Prince - so much as I’m arguing against Adeniji. If we have to keep one of them I’d prefer the former.

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2022, 09:53 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Thanks but from what I’ve been told and other comments the team was disappointed he came in out of shape.

Came in where and when out of shape? 
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2022, 09:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Jackson Carman played in the Super Bowl.

Where are you coming up with this story?

It was reported he had a back injury and could not start because if it.  There are plenty of reports about this.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2022, 10:40 AM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: It was reported he had a back injury and could not start because if it.  There are plenty of reports about this.

Yes I know all about that.  Like I said before he had been in and out of the lineup for this and other reasons all year.

What I am asking about is your claim that the Bengal doctors cleared him when they should not have.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2022, 10:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes I know all about that.  Like I said before he had been in and out of the lineup for this and other reasons all year.

What I am asking about is your claim that the Bengal doctors cleared him when they should not have.

Jackson Carman has told reporters that his back bothered him all season.  If his back was a problem then obviously he was cleared to early.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2022, 10:47 AM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Jackson Carman has told reporters that his back bothered him all season.  If his back was a problem then obviously he was cleared to early.

Thank you, Dr. Blaze.   Ninja LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2022, 11:07 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thank you, Dr. Blaze.   Ninja LOL

Your welcome, glad to help.
Reply/Quote
I’m pretty sure they have moved on from Spain. As somebody pointed out in another thread, his number has already been assigned to another player, Volson I think.

This is the best I’ve felt about the o line in several years. There are, and will be options out there if reinforcements are needed. I would prefer a veteran brought in at some point for depth but the season can’t start soon enough. Who Dey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2022, 10:29 AM)OSUfan Wrote: Came in where and when out of shape? 

Camp
Reply/Quote