Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Dalton curse is over !!!
It's kinda sad watching the Saints fail over and over to pick up blitzes. We've had the same issue before so there is empathy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You can either give credit to Lamar Jackson or the Ravens.... either way they have found a way to make a superb running QB have success in a pass happy NFL.

I don't like it anymore than anyone else here.

When you are able to stand/run around the pocket for 5+ seconds even mediocre wire receivers can eventually get open.

Dude is missing Bateman and Andrews tonight and still wins games.. unreal.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton is a tip ball magnet. I'm betting he has one of the highest tipped pass at the line of scrimmage ever... top 5 at least.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
It's just so unpleasant to watch Dalton play in prime-time. Choke artist supreme. Even the Mannings are cringing at his propensity to make the wrong play at the wrong time. Awful.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 12:06 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Lamar Jackson is a very good quarterback. His accuracy can be erratic, but he's not terrible in that regard. He's about an average passer and the greatest running quarterback in league history. The biggest concern with him through the eyes of Ravens fans ought to be his long-term health rather than anything in his actual skillset. However unusual his offense may be, it has been working effectively for years now.

Except in the playoffs…

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 12:45 AM)tms Wrote: It's just so unpleasant to watch Dalton play in prime-time. Choke artist supreme. Even the Mannings are cringing at his propensity to make the wrong play at the wrong time. Awful.

Apparently it was in fact not all Marvin Lewis. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 12:44 AM)Synric Wrote: Andy Dalton is a tip ball magnet. I'm betting he has one of the highest tipped pass at the line of scrimmage ever... top 5 at least.

Did a quick crunch on some guys that showed up at/near the top of the list a few times, who had at least 100 tipped passes.

Tipped passes per # of drop backs:
1. Dalton 1 every 47.5 
2. Tannehill 1 every 48.8
3. A. Smith 1 every 50.4
4. Brees 1 every 58.4
5. Ben 1 every 60.5
6. Stafford 1 every 63.8
7. E. Manning 1 every 64.3
8. Ryan 1 every 67.2
9. Brady 1 every 91.0

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 12:36 AM)QueenCity Wrote: You can either give credit to Lamar Jackson or the Ravens.... either way they have found a way to make a superb running QB have success in a pass happy NFL.

I don't like it anymore than anyone else here.

When you are able to stand/run around the pocket for 5+ seconds even mediocre wire receivers can eventually get open.

Dude is missing Bateman and Andrews tonight and still wins games.. unreal.

They've built that offense totally around him. Andrew's out and their #1 and they win big.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 01:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Apparently it was in fact not all Marvin Lewis. Ninja

I can't believe Dalton ends up starting still.

I did like him when he was here...but wow.
Reply/Quote
54.5 comp%
6.0 ypa
1 td
87.9 rating

eLiTe mVp!!1!11!1!!1

[Image: 1p74ap.jpg?a463104]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Andy still letting Bengals fans down all these years later.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 01:20 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They've built that offense totally around him. Andrew's out and their #1 and they win big.

Well yes... you give a guy a top 5 line and with his skill set he's going to keep moving the chains.

Ravens have done a wonderful job.. if he leaves in the off-season it's not going to work out in his favor.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Don't forget we beat the Saints too. They have no receivers (due to injury) and lost two starting offensive linemen earlier and their Center tonight. We've seen Burrow get clobbered by no blocking and tonight the Saints line couldn't block for Kamara or read blitzes at all. Sad comedown from the Sean Payton teams.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 01:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Except in the playoffs…

Sure. The sample is tiny, so I'm not prepared to treat Jackson like garbage quite yet.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 11:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: ***** high school offense. Lamar Jackson is a joke as a "top QB". He runs a ***** triple option and has to stand back in the pocket for 7 seconds to give his receivers time to work their way open. 

Most overrated player in the history of the NFL. 

Unfortunately though the Bengals will have to probably win a Wild Card spot because of Lamar Jackson and the damn Ravens. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 02:01 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Unfortunately though the Bengals will have to probably win a Wild Card spot because of Lamar Jackson and the damn Ravens. 

We're in that spot through our own doing. We should have won both the Stealer and Rat games and probably the Cowboys game too. 
Reply/Quote
Yes, I was hoping for an upset but the remade and resurgent Ravens are just too good plus Andy is terrible in prime-time games. At least they put up a bit of a fight considering Andy barely had anyone to throw to.

To beat the Ravens, the Bengals are going to have to win out or something similar. My crystal ball shows them playing in one of those frozen January games in either Buffalo or Foxborough.
Reply/Quote