Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Dalton curse is over !!!
(10-21-2022, 04:44 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I think A.J. was 2 - 1 the last 3 regular season games in 2015 with the lost an OT lost to the Broncos in Denver. 

Anyway, still Andy is 0 - 4 in playoff games NOT 0 - 5.

He couldn't read zone coverage in Denver....he was so shitty that game.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 07:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: He couldn't read zone coverage in Denver....he was so shitty that game.

He was pretty bad in the playoff game too - the defense was why we had the shot at winning. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 03:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Packer and Wyche...

Get a room.

As to the current discussion a coworker just showed me a "6 second clip of Andy's career". You see him unbuckling helmet in frustration while in the background you see the Falcon defender flying into the endzone. Whether you're a fan of Andy's play or not, it's a great clip.

That video is in this thread about 5 pages back or so, Nicomo posted it I believe 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Andy's a nice guy and all. He didn't deserve to be treated like a bum, but he didn't deserve to be the starter for the years in Cincinnati except for the fact there wasn't anyone who could beat him out on this team until Burrow.  His backups were nobody to write home to mother about 
" Dear mom.."
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 05:05 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Hey BY! How you been buddy?

Sweating out the Yankees. Pray

How are you my NFL-leading Championships friend? 

Your MLB-leading Championships Yankee fan is ok.  Cool
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 10:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 2016 - they could have taken Dak, but I’m not going to kill them for not finding a 4th round gem. Plus, Andy was coming off a really good season.

2017 - they could have taken Mahomes or Watson, but I’m glad we didn’t end up with the latter. I had my issues with Andy towards the end, but I never had to feel ashamed to root for him.

2018 - they could have taken Lamar. That one kind of stung for a while until we got Burrow.

2019 - there was really no one we could have had barring trading up for Allen or something.

So really I’d say the only argument that we should have pulled the trigger on Andy’s replacement sooner was for Mahomes or Lamar.

Exactly. 2 guys in 4 years, and there was no way we were going to replace Dalton after 2015. Who knows if we would've taken the right guy.

(10-18-2022, 12:43 AM)Old Dipstick Wrote: Really?? The Bengals picked 9th in the 2017 draft and took John Ross and who was the next pick after that? Patrick Mahomes taken at #10 by KC.

That's why I said most years. There were more bad QBs than good ones available at the spots we typically picked.

(10-18-2022, 08:58 AM)jason Wrote: I like the way it all turned out...

Same. I'd take Burrow over anyone but Mahomes. I might take him over Mahomes when all is said and done.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Look away Dalton Gang :P

Reply/Quote
Well, the Saints say WInston is now 100% healthy and ready to play. They are still keeping Andy as the starting QB. Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 12:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Look away Dalton Gang Tongue

I mean ...

Lol at Burrow being sandwiched between Rogers and Brady. I don't much care about the rest of it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 04:53 PM)grampahol Wrote: Andy's a nice guy and all. He didn't deserve to be treated like a bum, but he didn't deserve to be the starter for the years in Cincinnati except for the fact there wasn't anyone who could beat him out on this team until Burrow.  His backups were nobody to write home to mother about 
" Dear mom.."

Can anyone remember all the 3rd string/practice squad QBs we wish would've had a chance to start over Dalton? Can you name them all?

My favorite (and the only one whose name I can remember) is Jake Dolegala.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 12:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Look away Dalton Gang Tongue

That list is shit. First off, career wise, sure Rodgers is ahead of Burrow, but if we're talking THIS year, there's absolutely NO reason to put Aaron ahead of Joe. Burrow has a better won/loss record and has better stats in like every frickin' category except INTs.

Also putting Dalton behind the likes of Ehlinger (who has like NO stats to speak of) and Kenny Picket is just flat out disrespectful.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Tonight would be a great time for Andy to overcome his primetime woes…

Go Saints!

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 09:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tonight would be a great time for Andy to overcome his primetime woes…

Go Saints!

Not a great start lol
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 10:51 PM)TheFan Wrote: Not a great start lol

I wonder if our banned buddy from this thread placed another wager.

Reply/Quote
***** high school offense. Lamar Jackson is a joke as a "top QB". He runs a ***** triple option and has to stand back in the pocket for 7 seconds to give his receivers time to work their way open. 

Most overrated player in the history of the NFL. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 11:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: ***** high school offense. Lamar Jackson is a joke as a "top QB". He runs a ***** triple option and has to stand back in the pocket for 7 seconds to give his receivers time to work their way open. 

Most overrated player in the history of the NFL. 

And yet he wins a high % of ball games.... at some point (I'm including myself) you have to just eat crow.

To put it simply he's an anomaly.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 11:55 PM)QueenCity Wrote: And yet he wins a high % of ball games.... at some point (I'm including myself) you have to just eat crow.

Actually their team wins not him. They have a strong run game and have mostly had good defenses and Tucker. 
Reply/Quote
Lamar Jackson is a very good quarterback. His accuracy can be erratic, but he's not terrible in that regard. He's about an average passer and the greatest running quarterback in league history. The biggest concern with him through the eyes of Ravens fans ought to be his long-term health rather than anything in his actual skillset. However unusual his offense may be, it has been working effectively for years now.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 11:55 PM)QueenCity Wrote: And yet he wins a high % of ball games.... at some point (I'm including myself) you have to just eat crow.

It's easy to figure out why he wins so many regular season games. 

Eating crow is the stupidest thing ever e-invented. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 12:02 AM)Joelist Wrote: Actually their team wins not him. They have a strong run game and have mostly had good defenses and Tucker. 

The annoying part is the Ravens are smart enough to surround him with what he needs to succeed...until the playoffs start. 

They always have a strong Oline and a good pass rush. Then you throw in Mark Andrews. 

All he has to do is drop back and stand there forever until one of his receivers eventually gets open. They run crossers out the ass and he never has to read a defense and throw to a spot and he's athletic enough to avoid most pressure. Most QBs wear the cheat sheet on their wrist to expedite play calling. Coaches can just say a number and they find it quickly. Jackson has to read the whole damn play, word for word from what's on his wrist because he's too damn dumb to be able to memorize the plays and it doesn't matter anyway because he's just going to hop around in the pocket until he runs or a receiver finally gets open.

He's absolutely dog shit in the playoffs when he has to play other really good teams. I hope the Ravens sign him to some ridiculously large, guarantee contract and they handcuff themselves like they did with Flacco. 

One trick pony.

Reply/Quote