Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Dalton curse is over !!!
(10-21-2022, 02:07 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Am I the only one that thinks Dalton looks pretty good this year? I give the credit to the Saints offense being very talented and well coached.

I thought the INTs this past game were very 'primetime Dalton-esque'. Comical, yes. But overall the guy still balled out last night and has been playing really well this year with the Saints. Their offense is really good. I think I would take Dalton over Winston because he usually doesn't make many mistakes. But he gets flustered under pressure and turns the ball over. That's his achilles heal. Always has been. Winston would turn the ball over more often though. The Saints are a good team despite their record.

In my fantasy team I've got Olave and Michael Thomas as backups, as well as Devonta Smith as a backup. I started Olave at flex hoping for a tudd but he ended up having a solid showing last night. I'm hoping to see my 1 and 2 Chase and Higgins light it up this week.

The Saints have averaged 31 points in the 4 games Dalton has played. The most the Bengals have scored all season is 30. This is mostly with practice squad players. Dalton had some ugly interceptions yesterday but he and the Saints offense has been playing well this year. 

Obviously no one would take him over Burrow but people who act like Dalton is a scrub are just as stupid as the people who act like Dalton was amazing. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 10:24 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: It was pretty good, a lot of soccer with the kiddos. You?

That’s awesome! It was great here too, lots of kayaking and camping.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 02:43 PM)TheFan Wrote: The Saints have averaged 31 points in the 4 games Dalton has played. The most the Bengals have scored all season is 30. This is mostly with practice squad players. Dalton had some ugly interceptions yesterday but he and the Saints offense has been playing well this year. 

Obviously no one would take him over Burrow but people who act like Dalton is a scrub are just as stupid as the people who act like Dalton was amazing. 
Yes. Imagine the same game but he does not have a receiver bobble an easy pass into the air to become a pick six? Or he doesn't have a receiver drop a TD pass in the endzone on 3rd down? Yes he had a bad patch but he also rallied and balled out to get them back into striking range only to have the defense collapse. Really it was just a game where the practice squad skill players caught up with them. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
bengalfan74
Or have red hair go to the playoffs 5 years in a row.

Actually it was 4 playoffs in a row. A.J. McCarron finished the season and went to the playoffs in 2015. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 02:58 PM)packerbacker Wrote: That’s awesome! It was great here too, lots of kayaking and camping.

Sounds like a helluva summer mi amigo.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 12:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I bet you think you're normal or neutral in this debate. There are people who like Dalton, people who hate Dalton, and people who fall in the middle

You dont fall in the middle. You're very much a frothing at the mouth Dalton hater. Which is fine, but dont criticize Dalton apologists when you're just the opposite side of the same coin

This mfer spittin!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 03:15 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: bengalfan74
Or have red hair go to the playoffs 5 years in a row.

Actually it was 4 playoffs in a row. A.J. McCarron finished the season and went to the playoffs in 2015. 

Which was the year Andy was playing his top ball and we had a chance to win it all had he not gotten hurt.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 03:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Which was the year Andy was playing his top ball and we had a chance to win it all had he not gotten hurt.

Dalton and the bengals already secured 10 wins before he got injured
Reply/Quote
Packer and Wyche...

Get a room.

As to the current discussion a coworker just showed me a "6 second clip of Andy's career". You see him unbuckling helmet in frustration while in the background you see the Falcon defender flying into the endzone. Whether you're a fan of Andy's play or not, it's a great clip.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 03:54 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: 2015

Dalton and the bengals already secured 10 wins before he got injured

Wasn't that the game against Pitt where he jammed his hand against a Steelers helmet and broke his thumb at the goal line? I was watching that game sitting in a hospital room with my wife who had kidney stones.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 03:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Which was the year Andy was playing his top ball and we had a chance to win it all had he not gotten hurt.

Yes, but it was still 4 years he was in the playoffs.

Andy's record in the playoffs is 0 - 4, not 0 - 5.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 03:59 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Yes, but it was still 4 years he was in the playoffs.

Andy's record in the playoffs is 0 - 4, not 0 - 5.

he led the bengals to the playoffs 5 times

Mccarron simply played the 2015 playoff game
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 04:34 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: he led the bengals to the playoffs 5 times

Mccarron simply played the 2015 playoff game

I think A.J. was 2 - 1 the last 3 regular season games in 2015 with the lost an OT lost to the Broncos in Denver. 

Anyway, still Andy is 0 - 4 in playoff games NOT 0 - 5.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 03:36 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Sounds like a helluva summer mi amigo.

It was, best one in years. Happy you had a good one too.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 04:44 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I think A.J. was 2 - 1 the last 3 regular season games in 2015 with the lost an OT lost to the Broncos in Denver. 

he either went 2-1 or 2-2
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 04:48 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: he either went 2-1 or 2-2

The last 3 regular season games he went 2-1.

The previous 4th game was when Dalton got hurt trying to be linebacker against the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 04:58 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: The last 3 regular season games he went 2-1.

The previous 4th game was when Dalton got hurt trying to be linebacker against the Steelers.

Hey BY! How you been buddy?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 03:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Packer and Wyche...

Get a room.

As to the current discussion a coworker just showed me a "6 second clip of Andy's career". You see him unbuckling helmet in frustration while in the background you see the Falcon defender flying into the endzone. Whether you're a fan of Andy's play or not, it's a great clip

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 04:44 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I think A.J. was 2 - 1 the last 3 regular season games in 2015 with the lost an OT lost to the Broncos in Denver. 

[Image: 6xtbmj.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote