Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Dalton curse is over !!!
Dalton has now lost 12 consecutive prime time games on the road and is 1-13 overall in road prime time games. So funny
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 08:14 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I am doing great!You have a great summer?

It was pretty good, a lot of soccer with the kiddos. You?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That 1st Intercep wasn't Andy's fault at all, He put it right in his receivers hands and it bounced up in the air. Perfectly thrown pass. Changed game momentum completely.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 10:47 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: That 1st Intercep wasn't Andy's fault at all, He put it right in his receivers hands and it bounced up in the air. Perfectly thrown pass. Changed game momentum completely.

Yep! I'll note that has happened to Burrow also (like last season in the Bears game). At that point a QB has to just shrug and move on. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 12:20 AM)Joelist Wrote: The redzone INT and the second P6 were his fault - P6 #1 was 100% on the WR who had it in his hands and bounced it upwards. The same receiver later bobbled away a big gain and dropped a TD in the end zone. Five dropped passes by Saints receivers - we noted last week that we benefitted from them having a lot of injured skill players and tonight it bit them big time. 

Why...do people spend so much time defending a guy who was an average QB (little more, little less, what does it matter at that point) who never won a playoff game and has futility records, for prime time games, out the ass?

Seriously...look at what you all are doing. Bending over backwards to make excuses for a guy that time after time, couldn't get the job done. 

Great human being. Charitable. Nice. Family man. Christian. Average QB who doesn't play well under pressure. That can all be true simultaneously. 

But damn. Can we stop with the endless excusefest and freaking move on? Who CARES if someone comes on here and says he sucks or he was terrible or yadda yadda. Just freaking stop already. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 11:14 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why...do people spend so much time defending a guy who was an average QB (little more, little less, what does it matter at that point) who never won a playoff game and has futility records, for prime time games, out the ass?

Seriously...look at what you all are doing. Bending over backwards to make excuses for a guy that time after time, couldn't get the job done. 

Great human being. Charitable. Nice. Family man. Christian. Average QB who doesn't play well under pressure. That can all be true simultaneously. 

But damn. Can we stop with the endless excusefest and freaking move on? Who CARES if someone comes on here and says he sucks or he was terrible or yadda yadda. Just freaking stop already. 

Because, there is a large contingent of this fan base who does not want to admit that the bengals wasted 9 years of the franchise with a bottom tier starting QB.   They all love Andy and cant stomach that they adored a noodle arm loser for nearly a decade. (There is the same group of Reds fans who adore Joey Votto despite the fact his contract has crippled the team and he's been about a 0-1 WAR player for the last 4 years combined). 

Fast forward 3 years, and 3 more teams later, and they are still carrying that mantle to protect their guy. 

It is really weird.  I have only noticed this in Cincy, tho.   Our fans have been devoid of competent sports for 95% of their lives, so this is what  happens. 

These are the same people who try and discredit Burrow and what he has been able to do.  They are so upset that Burrow did more in 1.5 years than Dalton has done in his career of epic/hilarious failures.  

I get true amusement out of watching Dalton blow - only now it's funny cause it is for other teams I can bet against. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 12:04 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Because, there is a large contingent of this fan base who does not want to admit that the bengals wasted 9 years of the franchise with a bottom tier starting QB.   They all love Andy and cant stomach that they adored a noodle arm loser for nearly a decade. (There is the same group of Reds fans who adore Joey Votto despite the fact his contract has crippled the team and he's been about a 0-1 WAR player for the last 4 years combined). 

Fast forward 3 years, and 3 more teams later, and they are still carrying that mantle to protect their guy. 

It is really weird.  I have only noticed this in Cincy, tho.   Our fans have been devoid of competent sports for 95% of their lives, so this is what  happens. 

These are the same people who try and discredit Burrow and what he has been able to do.  They are so upset that Burrow did more in 1.5 years than Dalton has done in his career of epic/hilarious failures.  

I get true amusement out of watching Dalton blow - only now it's funny cause it is for other teams I can bet against. 

I bet you think you're normal or neutral in this debate. There are people who like Dalton, people who hate Dalton, and people who fall in the middle

You dont fall in the middle. You're very much a frothing at the mouth Dalton hater. Which is fine, but dont criticize Dalton apologists when you're just the opposite side of the same coin
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 12:04 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Because, there is a large contingent of this fan base who does not want to admit that the bengals wasted 9 years of the franchise with a bottom tier starting QB.   They all love Andy and cant stomach that they adored a noodle arm loser for nearly a decade. (There is the same group of Reds fans who adore Joey Votto despite the fact his contract has crippled the team and he's been about a 0-1 WAR player for the last 4 years combined). 

Seriously, can you just show us on the doll where Andy hurt you??? Ninja
Reply/Quote
Hallelujah
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 12:04 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Because, there is a large contingent of this fan base who does not want to admit that the bengals wasted 9 years of the franchise with a bottom tier starting QB.  

Except he wasn't bottom tier when he was the starter in Cincy. He was literally the middle of the pack. Hence the whole "Dalton line".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 12:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Except he wasn't bottom tier when he was the starter in Cincy. He was literally the middle of the pack. Hence the whole "Dalton line".

Bottom tier starters don't go to the Pro Bowl 3 times.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 12:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bottom tier starters don't go to the Pro Bowl 3 times.

Bottom tier starters don't have a winning percentage over .500.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 12:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Bottom tier starters don't have a winning percentage over .500.

Or have red hair go to the playoffs 5 years in a row.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 12:55 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Or have red hair go to the playoffs 5 years in a row.

Or do bad commercials. Ninja
Reply/Quote
Am I the only one that thinks Dalton looks pretty good this year? I give the credit to the Saints offense being very talented and well coached.

I thought the INTs this past game were very 'primetime Dalton-esque'. Comical, yes. But overall the guy still balled out last night and has been playing really well this year with the Saints. Their offense is really good. I think I would take Dalton over Winston because he usually doesn't make many mistakes. But he gets flustered under pressure and turns the ball over. That's his achilles heal. Always has been. Winston would turn the ball over more often though. The Saints are a good team despite their record.

In my fantasy team I've got Olave and Michael Thomas as backups, as well as Devonta Smith as a backup. I started Olave at flex hoping for a tudd but he ended up having a solid showing last night. I'm hoping to see my 1 and 2 Chase and Higgins light it up this week.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 02:07 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Am I the only one that thinks Dalton looks pretty good this year? I give the credit to the Saints offense being very talented and well coached.

I thought the INTs this past game were very 'primetime Dalton-esque'. Comical, yes. But overall the guy still balled out last night and has been playing really well this year with the Saints. Their offense is really good. I think I would take Dalton over Winston because he usually doesn't make many mistakes. But he gets flustered under pressure and turns the ball over. That's his achilles heal. Always has been. Winston would turn the ball over more often though. The Saints are a good team despite their record.

In my fantasy team I've got Olave and Michael Thomas as backups, as well as Devonta Smith as a backup. I started Olave at flex hoping for a tudd but he ended up having a solid showing last night. I'm hoping to see my 1 and 2 Chase and Higgins light it up this week.

too much good wr depth. Trade one of them away to improve another position
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 12:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I bet you think you're normal or neutral in this debate. There are people who like Dalton, people who hate Dalton, and people who fall in the middle

You dont fall in the middle. You're very much a frothing at the mouth Dalton hater. Which is fine, but dont criticize Dalton apologists when you're just the opposite side of the same coin

Also they're pretty obviously not even a Bengals fan, so shouldn't be in JN in the first place....which appears to have been done....THANK YOU!
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 12:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Except he wasn't bottom tier when he was the starter in Cincy. He was literally the middle of the pack. Hence the whole "Dalton line".

Not to mention that was the longest period of sustained winning in the franchise history... Or a water of 9 years. Whatever.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 02:19 PM)jason Wrote: Not to mention that was the longest period of sustained winning in the franchise history... Or a water of 9 years. Whatever.

'72-'76: 46 wins, 2 playoff losses
'86-'90: 43 wins, 3 playoff wins, 2 playoff losses, SB appearance (includes 4-11 season in '87)
'11-'15: 52 wins, 5 straight playoff losses

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Ya know it just occurred to me that if part of the Dalton curse is endless threads about Dalton’s value as a QB, then the curse is still alive and well, lol.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote