Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Eifert Dilemma
Pass. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice Shame on me. Fool me 5x well.....
Reply/Quote
I'd bring him back on the same deal as last time. There's no denying his talent and chemistry with Dalton. However, I would still proceed as if he's not on the team and draft a TE in the first three rounds.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
We should bring back Eifert. Then we should try to sign Sam Bradford to compete for the starting QB job.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's all about risk/reward. The last injury could have happened to anyone who was hit like that. If the price is nice, roll the dice. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 01:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Couple comments on the bolded...
Nick Boyle just got 3 years, $18 mill from the Ravens. I'd expect it's going to cost probably $5-7 mill a year just to keep Uzomah since he's been more productive than Boyle.
Regarding Eifert, the incentives don't really help in terms of cap space because you have to reserve all that amount in case Eifert does meet those incentives. So he'd still count $5 mill toward the cap. At this point, I wouldn't give him more than $4 mill in total, as I don't want to see more than that eaten up from the cap. I know that's low, but at this point, Eifert's played only 14 games over the past three seasons and has never played a full season. I'm ready to move on.

It will be an interesting choice.  Boyle was the guy I wanted in that draft.  We took Uzo and the Rats took Boyle a couple picks later.  Boyle is an outstanding blocker, something that Uzo lacks.  I liked what I started to see in Uzo, but I think there are later round picks that are better blockers and decent chain movers that could be had in a later round.  
Reply/Quote
Was reading some comments from Brian Callahan, the other day. He was watching film of the Bengals offense from last year, and took note at how impressive they were, early in the season. He made particular note about how efficient they looked with a healthy AJ Green and Tyler Eifert.

I'm guessing that Callahan would love to have Eiftert in his offense.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I've noticed that nobody talks about Tyler Kroft in these discussions.

What, did our universe merge with another where he wasn't born? I don't get it.

What has stone hands Uzomah done to deserve a good contract, block better and have less drive killing penalties than Jermaine Gresham?
Reply/Quote
Bengals should offer Eifert a minimum one-year deal and let him walk of another team is stupid enough to offer more. Regardless of whether he stays, Bengals should sign Kroft and aim for other positions in the draft (we're fine with Schreck and Carter)
Reply/Quote
sign Eifert for league minimum. It's HIS turn to repay the Bengals.

Veteran Minimum Benefits
When qualified, a player with four (4) or more years of NFL experience can earn his total minimum salary, but have a cap figure that reflects two years of experience – or in 2017, $630,000. The contract must be for only one year, and must not contain combined bonus money (signing, roster, workout) that exceeds $90,000.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 10:24 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I've noticed that nobody talks about Tyler Kroft in these discussions.

What has stone hands Uzomah done to deserve a good contract, block better and have less drive killing penalties than Jermaine Gresham?

I don't think that is true at all.  And what he has done is play.  And play hurt too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 10:49 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: sign Eifert for league minimum. It's HIS turn to repay the Bengals.

Veteran Minimum Benefits
When qualified, a player with four (4) or more years of NFL experience can earn his total minimum salary, but have a cap figure that reflects two years of experience – or in 2017, $630,000. The contract must be for only one year, and must not contain combined bonus money (signing, roster, workout) that exceeds $90,000.

In theory I understand your point, but the tone just seems unnecessarily vindictive.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 09:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It will be an interesting choice.  Boyle was the guy I wanted in that draft.  We took Uzo and the Rats took Boyle a couple picks later.  Boyle is an outstanding blocker, something that Uzo lacks.  I liked what I started to see in Uzo, but I think there are later round picks that are better blockers and decent chain movers that could be had in a later round.  

False.

Ceej is a fairly good blocker, Boyle is among the best.

Boyle can't catch a cold on a good day, while Ceej is hard to take down and not bad in space. Plus, much more athletic.

The differences are too minor to really make a significant difference.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 10:24 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I've noticed that nobody talks about Tyler Kroft in these discussions.

118 targets, 7 drops in 45 games, in 4 years.

1 drop every 16.9 targets.
1 drop every 6.4 games.
1.45 drops every year in the league.

No fumbles.

Yeah, he has stone hands, alright <_<
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 10:24 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I've noticed that nobody talks about Tyler Kroft in these discussions.

“Stone hands Uzomah” has more career receptions (79) than Kroft (67).

More yards too.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 11:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “Stone hands Uzomah” has more career receptions (79) than Kroft (67).

More yards too.

And Kroft's played more games, as well, albeit with less targets.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 02:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Side note...Maxx Williams sounds like a name for a detective in a trashy crime thriller novel.

Or any number of WAYYYY over represented contract killers with a soft spot for little kids.. 
As for TE.. Man, a generational talent who gets hurt every season come hell or high water.. IDK.. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 10:49 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: sign Eifert for league minimum. It's HIS turn to repay the Bengals.

Veteran Minimum Benefits

Yeah, remember you said that when he's lighting up the league somewhere else next year....
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 11:47 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: False.

Ceej is a fairly good blocker, Boyle is among the best.

Boyle can't catch a cold on a good day, while Ceej is hard to take down and not bad in space. Plus, much more athletic.

The differences are too minor to really make a significant difference.

Uzomah is not an inline blocker and only ok as an unattached blocker admittedly he's a better blocker than Kroft though. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 01:46 PM)Synric Wrote: Uzomah is not an inline blocker and only ok as an unattached blocker admittedly he's a better blocker than Kroft though. 

He's ok as an inline blocker, but nothing spectacular; like Eifert, he's competent and they both will win about as many as they lose.
Reply/Quote
Pleasantly surprised to see so many people behind bringing Eifert back... I was under the impression from some other posts around here that people had completely soured on the idea.

He's a stud, and the offense was noticeably never the same after his injury the last year. Yeah, he could get hurt again, but so could anyone. It's fun to say "pass on Eifert, go sign Jared Cook"... right up to the point where Cook gets here and a 300 pound lineman falls on the pack of his ankle, too. That wasn't an Eifert issue - it was just stupidly bad luck that could have happened to anyone, and you know - you just know! - that if the Bengals went out and threw down big money on a FA or spent a high draft choice on a TE he'd just end up getting hurt again while Eifert's making the Pro Bowl somewhere else.

The only way I don't re-sign Eifert is if he himself wants a change of scenery...
Reply/Quote