Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Eifert Dilemma
(03-07-2019, 12:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It looks like Eifert has made great progress with the ankle and is looking good. The question is - what to do now? Do they try to bring him back on another one year deal, hoping he can stay healthy...or do they just decide it's time to move on from Tyler altogether? 

What do you think...bring him back or let him walk?

Bring him back on an incentive laden contract for if he gets hurt again. Whatever contract he gets should have this clause wherever he goes, has to with his history. Also, he is worth it even if he only plays half the games next season, just as long as the contract is incentive laden.
Reply/Quote
Only use him on 3rd down or in the red zone and I say sign him back on a 1 year incentive laden deal. Otherwise use the money elsewhere.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 10:24 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I've noticed that nobody talks about Tyler Kroft in these discussions.

What, did our universe merge with another where he wasn't born? I don't get it.

What has stone hands Uzomah done to deserve a good contract, block better and have less drive killing penalties than Jermaine Gresham?

I think it's pretty much a given Kroft is out #2 and is coming back....
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 12:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It looks like Eifert has made great progress with the ankle and is looking good. The question is - what to do now? Do they try to bring him back on another one year deal, hoping he can stay healthy...or do they just decide it's time to move on from Tyler altogether? 

What do you think...bring him back or let him walk?

Looks like Tyler is making the most of the indoor practice facility..... Ninja
Reply/Quote
If he would stay healthy, I would give him a great deal, because he is worth it. Problem is he gets hurt a lot. Would be nice to have a game day roster check; if he plays, he gets paid. I know that is not real, nor would he ever agree to something like that, if it was.
Reply/Quote
The problem with rolling the dice on an often injured star like Eifert, is that even if you go low on guaranteed money and offer incentives, you still have to keep the max amount reserved and counting against the cap. And then, if he does go down again, you're screwed of a roster spot, unless you just give him full release..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 03:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The problem with rolling the dice on an often injured star like Eifert, is that even if you go low on guaranteed money and offer incentives, you still have to keep the max amount reserved and counting against the cap.  And then, if he does go down again, you're screwed of a roster spot, unless you just give him full release..

How's that? If he were to be injured again, they could IR him and replace him.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 09:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: How's that? If he were to be injured again, they could IR him and replace him.

They could, but they haven't.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 09:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: How's that? If he were to be injured again, they could IR him and replace him.

But when a guy goes on IR there are not usually any decent replacements available to sign.

Better to go ahead and get a replacement now while some are available.
Reply/Quote
I can totally see us signing Eifert and him having a healthy productive year, but the rest of the team will still be broken in major places (OL, LB, position coaches), and we still go 6-10.

I can just see that happening.

Reply/Quote
What's more likely? Eifert plays the entire season OR Auden Tate becomes the red zone threat that we imagine he can be?
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 12:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: If it was the old regime, I'd pretty much guarantee he WOULD be back.

With the new regime, I'm not sure; odds go down to 50/50.

If it were up to me, I'd've already signed him to the exact same deal as last year, with maybe lowering a bit of the guaranteed money and putting higher incentives.

Guy is a game-changer every time he steps on the field.

Exactly my sentiments.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 11:50 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 118 targets, 7 drops in 45 games, in 4 years.

1 drop every 16.9 targets.
1 drop every 6.4 games.
1.45 drops every year in the league.

No fumbles.

Yeah, he has stone hands, alright <_<

A more fair number to compare is the number of targets vs. receptions.

Uzomah had 79 receptions on 118 targets.  Nick Boyle had 75 receptions on 103 targets.  I have no idea what constitutes a "Drop" in NFL statistics because I remember one game where Gresham seemed to have 5 and was credited with 1.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 02:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But when a guy goes on IR there are not usually any decent replacements available to sign.

Better to go ahead and get a replacement now while some are available.

You have to keep a guy like Eifert. He's too good not to. We had decent replacements for him in place last year, they all just got hurt as well.
Reply/Quote
There's just no way I'd really consider bringing Eifert back. I damn sure wouldn't give him an incentive laden deal that still counts against the cap because if he doesn't reach those incentives, it's just unspent money. IF they feel he needs to be back, a $4-5m 1 year deal is the most I would hope they offer. No incentives, no bonuses.

Everyone talks about how he's such a game changer, but that was only 2015. I'm not saying he's not talented or that he wouldn't be an asset for a full 16 games, but he's not an elite level TE. When you take away 2015, his CAREER stat line is 90/1101/8. I know his defenders will quickly come to his defense, but his numbers even with 2015 just aren't that great.

He had almost 700 yards and a bunch of TDs 4 years ago when for only the second time in his career he played more than 8 games. Health has to factor into this. When you're looking at 6-8 games at best from a player, that's not worth more than a 16 game contributor.

I like Eifert and his talent. I feel really bad for him because he seems to be incredibly unlucky. I'd much rather use the money that he could get on someone who is more likely to play the entire season.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 12:52 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: With our current TE situation I'd do this:

1) re-sign CJ uzomeh- 2yr- 3.5 million

Try 3 years- 18 Million
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Man... wish we could have 2015 Eifert back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqMSDv3bNX8
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 10:15 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: There's just no way I'd really consider bringing Eifert back. I damn sure wouldn't give him an incentive laden deal that still counts against the cap because if he doesn't reach those incentives, it's just unspent money. IF they feel he needs to be back, a $4-5m 1 year deal is the most I would hope they offer. No incentives, no bonuses.

Everyone talks about how he's such a game changer, but that was only 2015. I'm not saying he's not talented or that he wouldn't be an asset for a full 16 games, but he's not an elite level TE. When you take away 2015, his CAREER stat line is 90/1101/8. I know his defenders will quickly come to his defense, but his numbers even with 2015 just aren't that great.

He had almost 700 yards and a bunch of TDs 4 years ago when for only the second time in his career he played more than 8 games. Health has to factor into this. When you're looking at 6-8 games at best from a player, that's not worth more than a 16 game contributor.

I like Eifert and his talent. I feel really bad for him because he seems to be incredibly unlucky. I'd much rather use the money that he could get on someone who is more likely to play the entire season.

He was a game changer last year; he goes down and our offense begins to deflate.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote