Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1.86 Average
The End of Bates?
(03-05-2022, 12:59 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I wouldn't pay a guy 13 million to be unhappy about it.

Post of the day.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I'd tag him and trade him for an O-lineman.... any good safetys in this draft?
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I can't be mad at Bates regardless of the outcome. We've seen some crybabies leave this team and Bates ain't one. He played without any drama last year when many would be upset about not getting extended and he's been relatively quiet this off season.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I guess Joe Mixon and Tyler Boyd are leaving too? They dont have Bengals listed in their instagram... or could this possible not mean anything?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 02:51 PM)Synric Wrote: I guess Joe Mixon and Tyler Boyd are leaving too? They dont have Bengals listed in their instagram... or could this possible not mean anything?

$11 Mil more in Cap Space

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 10:45 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: I'm on a Bengals Facebook group and someone mentioned that Bates took the Bengals off this Instagram bio. I checked and I can somewhat confirm (though it's possible that Bates never had the Bengals in his bio to begin with).

We already know Bates was frustrated with contract negotiations throughout the season and with players publicly advocating for him on twitter, i'm starting to think the negotiations have hit a stall. Bates is either asking for top safety $$$ or the Bengals simply don't value premium safeties.

As sad as it is to see Bates go, I wouldn't mind if the Bengals spent that money on a premium offensive guard, center, or tackle. Not like a Ryan Jensen either. I'm talking locking down a young offensive lineman with productive stats for 3+ years.

We'd definitely miss Bates in the backfield, but if it leads to keeping our franchise QB upright and healthy for years to come I can tolerate it.

This is Bates livelihood. Bates last opportunity to sign a big contract. As much as I want him to stay I will not be mad at him for leaving. It is more of this is what we can afford compare to what he can get on the open market. Tough decisions like this are hard to make but they have to be made.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 12:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Bates is being immature now like he was all season. He played very average and said he was worried over his contract - thats immaturity and NOT a Captain.

But he is going nowhere. He will be here.

Twitter is flooded with our dumb fans screaming the team morale will be ruined if Bates gets the tag. This is the dumbest thing on the internet.

How disrespectful is it to DJ Reader, Von Bell, Mike Hilton, Hendrickson & Hubbard to claim they will melt if the youngest player on D is paid only $13M? Which is more than they make.

Hendrickson and Reader both make more than that.

Reply/Quote
Regardless of what happens with Bates, safety is a sneaky need long-term. Von Bell is a FA after 2022 and I don't see us paying both, especially since Burrow, Higgins, Chase, Wilson, and Jonah will be due their paydays soon. The Michigan safety, Dax Hill, could be BPA at 31. Leon O'Neal out of Texas A&M (a school Zac has ties to) presents solid value on day 2. Day 3 will also have some more project players, such as Sterling Weatherford (from Miami OH), who reminds me of George Iloka with his size.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Its not the end of Bates here and its commonplace for free agents.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I love Bates, but his attitude is a problem. I would understand if they parted ways with him, but his production would need replaced.
Reply/Quote
He isn’t going anywhere, he will be tagged before the deadline if a deal isn’t reached. Negotiations can feel personal sometimes but it’s business
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 02:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can't be mad at Bates regardless of the outcome. We've seen some crybabies leave this team and Bates ain't one. He played without any drama last year when many would be upset about not getting extended and he's been relatively quiet this off season.

He played without any drama last year?

Did I miss something? There was a little drama for sure
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 04:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: He played without any drama last year?

Shhhhhh
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 04:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: ThumbsUp
He played without any drama last year?

Appears I'm the one that missed something. What drama did Bates cause once the season started last year? 

I do know he said something about him apparently not playing well enough to be a top paid safety before the season started. but as to playing I don't recall anything. 

Reply/Quote
I like how everyone has an opinion on what someone else should do with their money.

NFL careers are relatively short on average. Not going to be mad at a guy trying to make the most money he can while his body allows it. Nothing Bates has done has been a distraction, it's all typical FA stuff.

Drama is taking off your uniform as you leaving the field and saying you'll never play for the team again.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 03:12 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: This is Bates livelihood. Bates last opportunity to sign a big contract. As much as I want him to stay I will not be mad at him for leaving. It is more of this is what we can afford compare to what he can get on the open market. Tough decisions like this are hard to make but they have to be made.

I hope he goes to some shit hole like Detroit or Chicago...
Reply/Quote
it is 3 days before the franchise tag will be applied...Jessie isn't the only one using social media right now. Tyrann Mathieu posted this. He has also scrubbed the Chiefs from his mentions. And he has also stated that he wants to return to the Chiefs It is almost standard operating procedure right now

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 12:51 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Whats the Plan B if not resigned? We may have to use one of our top 3 picks on a FS or pay a less expensive FA Safety...as I dont think we have the answer on the current roster. I want him back but if hes asking for top $ in league  , im not on board. 

We are tagging Bates this week and 4 months to negotiate his contract. It is fine.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 03:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hendrickson and Reader both make more than that.

We do not have any player making more than $9m in base salary, and the cap is 100% base - that was my reference.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 03:12 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: This is Bates livelihood. Bates last opportunity to sign a big contract. As much as I want him to stay I will not be mad at him for leaving. It is more of this is what we can afford compare to what he can get on the open market. Tough decisions like this are hard to make but they have to be made.

Where is he going? He cant just leave and go to another team. We have his rights the next 3 years.
Reply/Quote