Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD
(12-05-2023, 04:20 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Thus the reason I acknowledged his time at UM..... I mean seriously?  You missed that point?   UM AND the Bengals staffs simply underutilize a guy for 6 years? 

You cant be this naive.

Are the Bengals the only professional football org that exists? Is Michigan the only CFB team in the nation?

No, there's dozens of the former and hundreds of the latter?

Nah, two organizations is a legit sample size. There's no way two organizations could be misguided in their judgment of a player.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:24 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Are the Bengals the only professional football org that exists? Is Michigan the only CFB team in the nation?

Nah, two organizations is a legit sample size. There's no way two organizations couldn't be misguided in their judgmenet of a player.

These are 2 major organizations that both care about winning and they will play their best players to do so.  You can be naive all you want (I use naive instead of stupid because Im in a happy place after our win, please dont blow it). 

Again if we could utilize Evans speed I'd be all for it but the guy isnt playing for a reason that neither of us know.  Except one of us knows there is a reason, the other (you) just think Michigan & the Bengals are too incompetent and should listen to you.

Reply/Quote
Not sure what’s weirder? Being mad at Zac after a fantastic (offensive) win, or choosing Chris Evans of all people as your hill to die on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:09 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: He did enough to warrant more snaps, especially since we're weren't getting anything with exclusively Mixon.

Burkhead played here, but he was criminally underutilized. If Lewis has Burkhead split snaps with Hill after Gio got knocked out, we probably win that playoff game; but Marvin trusted a dinged up Hill over a healthy Burkhead. 

A Burkhead that would gain a more meaningful role in a SB offense.

He did? More than Perine, more than Chase Brown, more than Williams, etc? Ok, show me the plays and the numbers, I'd like to see them. Your position is Chris Evans is a baller, and the Bengals are just ignoring him. Just so we're clear.

Burkhead still played though. Because he was a decent player. Evans ain't done shit. Or are you expecting Belichick to scoop him up as another role player. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:24 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Are the Bengals the only professional football org that exists? Is Michigan the only CFB team in the nation?

Nah, two organizations is a legit sample size. There's no way two organizations couldn't be misguided in their judgmenet of a player.

Yep two in a row. One recruited him, one drafted him, but it's a UM/Zac Taylor conspiracy to **** him out of snaps. Hilarious   Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:28 AM)casear2727 Wrote: These are 2 major organizations that both care about winning and they will play their best players to do so.  You can be naive all you want (I use naive instead of stupid because Im in a happy place after our win, please dont blow it). 

Again if we could utilize Evans speed I'd be all for it but the guy isnt playing for a reason that neither of us know.  Except one of us knows there is a reason, the other (you) just think Michigan & the Bengals are too incompetent and should listen to you.

Gotta be a troll job at this point, lol. That's the craziest shit I've ever read, and that's saying something.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not sure what’s weirder? Being mad at Zac after a fantastic (offensive) win, or choosing Chris Evans of all people as your hill to die on.

I’m numb. Great win but so weird.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I'm having a hard time believing this game and last week's wimpy fart of a game against the Steelers occurred within 8 days.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 06:34 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m just responding to your post. You were bemoaning that this was a Super Bowl season and we were first to worst in the division. You said is it not a stretch to question him on how the season was progressing? Again not having a better backup I’ve completely agreed with. We started 1-3 with two losses in the division. Obviously Joe’s injury contributed mightily. Progressing? You used that word.  Well we seemed to be progressing when we won 4 straight don’t you think including SF & the Bills? we rebounded from 1-3 to 5-3. Then we lost to a surging Texans who have won 4-5. Then Joe got hurt as we took the lead 10-7 over Baltimore. I’m not saying there weren’t issues. The defense wasn’t playing as well, the run game sucked, and something didn’t seem right despite Joe’s injuries early with the calf and then the wrist. The run game was not worth a crap and that’s with or without Joe. Trying to blame Zac for not scheming them better by some is a total cop out. Pollack hasn’t produced a run game worth a crap yet.

Jesus are you bored? Bemoaning a super bowl season by pointing out that those were the aspirations at the start of the season and now we're almost out of the playoff race? Thats just a fact. 

eh forget it. Im not wasting more time on this response. All I said was it wasn't completely illogical to question Taylors season. You disagree. We move on.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 01:33 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Jesus are you bored? Bemoaning a super bowl season by pointing out that those were the aspirations at the start of the season and now we're almost out of the playoff race? Thats just a fact. 

eh forget it. Im not wasting more time on this response. All I said was it wasn't completely illogical to question Taylors season. You disagree. We move on.

I’d probably sit out commenting after these too.

R3stangs:

Lawrence/Etienne will have career days against this joke of a defense.

Browning continues to hold the ball for 5 seconds every play apparently not realizing this Oline will only give him 0.5 seconds.

Who cares the score. Be surprised if its not a complete blowout but the winner will never be in doubt. Jags by a mile.

I don't necessarily agree with firing Zac but is is such a stretch to question him given how the season is progressing? We're the literal definition of first to worst in the division. It is an extremely high probability we get completely swept in the division.

Theres obviously some issues with this team that fall on his shoulders. We came into this season with superbowl winning aspirations. Expectations have continued to decline from there to now expecting to have a top draft pick.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:28 AM)casear2727 Wrote: These are 2 major organizations that both care about winning and they will play their best players to do so.  You can be naive all you want (I use naive instead of stupid because Im in a happy place after our win, please dont blow it). 

Sure, they care about winning; but that doesn't make their player assessments rights. In a world where we see players exceed expectations constantly, it's weird that you can say "Michigan and Cincinatti can't be wrong".

It doesn't take much to find players that proved orgs wrong at the collegiate and professional level. Boom, Baker Mayfield. Texas Tech and Cleveland were dead wrong about him.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:04 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Sure, they care about winning; but that doesn't make their player assessments rights. In a world where we see players exceed expectations constantly, it's weird that you can say "Michigan and Cincinatti can't be wrong".

It doesn't take much to find players that proved orgs wrong at the collegiate and professional level. Boom, Baker Mayfield. Texas Tech and Cleveland were dead wrong about him.

It is amazingly weird that YOU think you know more than highly paid experienced coaches that have worked with Evans everyday for the past 9 years.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:10 PM)casear2727 Wrote: It is amazingly weird that YOU think you know more than highly paid experienced coaches that have worked with Evans everyday for the past 9 years.

I see better than I hear, and I see someone who has been productive in limited snaps.

This isn't someone who' made a complete ass of himself when he got a chance to play @ Arizona. It's someone who we've seen make plays when he's in, including a touchdown and a crucial pass block.

I can't look at this and an already putrid run-game and say "Chris Evans would just make it worse".
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:20 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I see better than I hear, and I see someone who has been productive in limited snaps.

This isn't someone who' made a complete ass of himself when he got a chance to play @ Arizona. It's someone who we've seen make plays when he's in, including a touchdown and a crucial pass block.

I can't look at this and an already putrid run-game and say "Chris Evans would just make it worse".

I don't think that this is a talent issue. 

For example, remember when Evans was eating in the preseason?  Had some long runs that were called back due to holding?  Each of those holding calls were on Evans for not hitting the proper hole when it was there and putting the linemen in a bad position.  We know they dont trust him to pass protect.  Who knows about his route knowledge?  There have been whispers that he still has trouble with the playbook.

IMHO, this is a mental thing, there may be other issues such as work ethic or attitude we are unaware of, but talent-wise?  The kid is extremely athletic with great hands. 

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:33 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I don't think that this is a talent issue. 

For example, remember when Evans was eating in the preseason?  Had some long runs that were called back due to holding?  Each of those holding calls were on Evans for not hitting the proper hole when it was there and putting the linemen in a bad position.  We know they dont trust him to pass protect.  Who knows about his route knowledge?  There have been whispers that he still has trouble with the playbook.

IMHO, this is a mental thing, there may be other issues such as work ethic or attitude we are unaware of, but talent-wise?  The kid is extremely athletic with great hands. 

It's almost like the guys that have coached him nine years see something detrimental that supercedes the athletic ability. I still don't think one game in five years is indicative of someone we need to force feed the ball. Especially after watching a rookie outdo what he's provided to this point. It's not much more complicated than that.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's almost like the guys that have coached him nine years see something detrimental that supercedes the athletic ability. I still don't think one game in five years is indicative of someone we need to force feed the ball. Especially after watching a rookie outdo what he's provided to this point. It's not much more complicated than that.

That is way too logical.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's almost like the guys that have coached him nine years see something detrimental that supercedes the athletic ability. I still don't think one game in five years is indicative of someone we need to force feed the ball. Especially after watching a rookie outdo what he's provided to this point. It's not much more complicated than that.

You spend more time arguing with ghosts than you do actual people.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:48 AM)Wyche Wrote: Gotta be a troll job at this point, lol. That's the craziest shit I've ever read, and that's saying something.

I just have this weird feeling that he really IS Bigzo. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:14 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: You spend more time arguing with ghosts than you do actual people.

Got it.....you can exaggerate all you want, but no one else can.  Mellow

Reply/Quote