Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The "Fire Zach" stuff is WEIRD
(12-05-2023, 02:37 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: You're right. Those were the only 2 RBs on the entire roster.

Oh....yeah, maybe those other bums....who can't line up properly and been here four years..... should've gotten the ball. Yeah, totally.  Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:38 AM)Wyche Wrote: Oh....yeah, maybe those other bums....who can't line up properly and been here four years..... should've gotten the ball. Yeah, totally.  Mellow

Remind me, when did Chris Evans do that again?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:40 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Remind me, when did Chris Evans do that again?

Remind when he had a good game in his four years? They've both had issues with it.  Just hand it to someone, anyone! 

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:42 AM)Wyche Wrote:  Remind when he had a good game in his four years? They've both had issues with it.  Just hand it to someone, anyone! 

Detroit.

Next?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:43 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Detroit.

Next?

He had 4 rushes for 18 yards and 3 receptions for 49 yards vs Detroit.  

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:43 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Detroit.

Next?

When? When he caught that one pass for a TD? I said *game*, not *play*. Try to keep up. Even if it was one whole game of work, that's one game out of how many years? Next my ass, lol. When was that, 2021? LOL

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:45 AM)casear2727 Wrote: He had 4 rushes for 18 yards and 3 receptions for 49 yards vs Detroit.  

Hallz uv Fame I tells ya! Hallz uv Fame!!!! 

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: When? When he caught that one pass for a TD? I said *game*, not *play*. Try to keep up. Even if it was one whole game of work, that's one game out of how many years? Next my ass, lol. When was that, 2021? LOL

A really weird pivot here.

When is 50 rec yards, some rushing yards, and a tuddy on limited snaps not a good game?

This doesn't even get into the flashes he's shown on plays that were called back through no fault of his own.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:51 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: A really weird pivot here.

When is 50 rec yards, some rushing yards, and a tuddy on limited snaps not a good game?

This doesn't even get into the flashes he's shown on plays that were called back through no fault of his own.

Hallz uv Fame! He's a shoo-in! Ever wonder why he gets limited touches? Could it be he's a fringe roster guy? This guy can't even beat out a rookie and T. Williams in the return game, but you think we should feature him in the offense? 

Some rushing yards, lol, poor troll job homie. It was literally a chunk play on the TD. 

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: Hallz uv Fame! He's a shoo-in! Ever wonder why he gets limited touches? Could it be he's a fringe roster guy? This guy can't even beat out a rookie and T. Williams in the return game, but you think we should feature him in the offense? 

Some rushing yards, lol, poor troll job homie. It was literally a chunk play on the TD. 

No one said it was a HOF performace, but you already know that.

It's production on a limited number of snaps. Saying "he can't see the field because he sucks" despite him being productive on the limited snaps he's given is just....dumb.

But strawman away.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:13 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: No one said it was a HOF performace, but you already know that.

It's production on a limited number of snaps. Saying "he can't see the field because he sucks" despite him being productive on the limited snaps he's given is just....dumb.

But strawman away.

He got beat out by a rookie and Trayveon. What, exactly, is so great about his game that you believe we should give him the ball over throwing it to one of our playmakers? I said he sucks because of getting removed from return duties, and he's typically a healthy scratch. It's a wonder teams aren't beating the doors down for a trade. He's just being misused here. Rolleyes Let's get Armon Binns and John Ross back too....they just "need more plays". 

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:13 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: No one said it was a HOF performace, but you already know that.

But strawman away.

Chris Evans did nothing at Michigan.  He had 5 starts at RB in 5 years.  He only had 16 carries as a 5th year senior.  He was suspended his senior year and had a whopping 18 carries his junior year.

He didnt show up at UM and obviously hasnt here.  Great example to prove your point......  

Reply/Quote
The next year or so may look kind of strange being that about half the team will be unrestricted free agents the day after the super bowl. We might end up having to suck for a year or more to rebuild unless they hit paydirt again in the draft.. I just hope they don't fall into a decade long funk because of it.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:19 AM)Wyche Wrote: He got beat out by a rookie and Trayveon. What, exactly, is so great about his game that you believe we should give him the ball over throwing it to one of our playmakers? I said he sucks because of getting removed from return duties, and he's typically a healthy scratch. It's a wonder teams aren't beating the doors down for a trade. He's just being misused here. Rolleyes Let's get Armon Binns and John Ross back too....they just "need more plays". 

You say this mockingly as if we didn't see Rex Burkhead carve out a meaningful career the moment he left Cincinatti, or that BJ Hill didn't see a resurgence in his career when he left NYG.

Players are criminally underutilized all the time.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:59 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: You say this mockingly as if we didn't see Rex Burkhead carve out a meaningful career the moment he left Cincinatti, or that BJ Hill didn't see a resurgence in his career when he left NYG.

Players are criminally underutilized all the time.

And Chris Evans is one of them? That's your position.....Chris Evans is wasting away on this roster. The hidden gem, waiting to be discovered. Just wanting to be clear.

Rex Burkhead played HERE too. 

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:30 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Chris Evans did nothing at Michigan.  He had 5 starts at RB in 5 years.  He only had 16 carries as a 5th year senior.  He was suspended his senior year and had a whopping 18 carries his junior year.

He didnt show up at UM and obviously hasnt here.  Great example to prove your point......  
Cool story bro. He's been productive on limited oppurtunities since joining the Bengals.

What does his tenure @ Michigan have to do with that?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:04 AM)Wyche Wrote: And Chris Evans is one of them? That's your position.....Chris Evans is wasting away on this roster. The hidden gem, waiting to be discovered. Just wanting to be clear.

Rex Burkhead played HERE too. 

He did enough to warrant more snaps, especially since we're weren't getting anything with exclusively Mixon.

Burkhead played here, but he was criminally underutilized. If Lewis has Burkhead split snaps with Hill after Gio got knocked out, we probably win that playoff game; but Marvin trusted a dinged up Hill over a healthy Burkhead. 

A Burkhead that would gain a more meaningful role in a SB offense.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:05 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Cool story bro. He's been productive on limited oppurtunities since joining the Bengals.

What does his tenure @ Michigan have to do with that?

He has never been productive.  His college and pro teams do not trust him.  I get that this may be a bit much for you to comprehend but after 6 years of playing ball at a high level for 2 different teams a pattern does exist.  I'd love to be able to utilize his speed but soemthing isnt working.  Very good players do not sit the bench for no reason.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:14 AM)casear2727 Wrote: He has never been productive.  His college and pro teams do not trust him.  I get that this may be a bit much for you to comprehend but after 6 years of playing ball at a high level for 2 different teams a pattern does exist.  I'd love to be able to utilize his speed but soemthing isnt working.  Very good players do not sit the bench for no reason.

Except players are underutilized all the time.

Okay man. Just pretend the Detroit game didn't happen, or continue to downplay it because it's a counterexample to your claim that he's "never been productive". 

Just because the Bengals don't trust him doesn't mean that the distrust couldn't possibly be misguided. Marvin Lewis didn't trust Burkhead, and that decison alone probably cost him a playoff win.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:18 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Except players are underutilized all the time.

Okay man. Just pretend the Detroit game didn't happen, or continue to downplay it because it's a counterexample to your claim that he's "never been productive". 

Just because the Bengals don't trust him doesn't mean that the distrust couldn't possibly be misguided. Marvin Lewis didn't trust Burkhead, and that decison alone probably cost him a playoff win.

Thus the reason I acknowledged his time at UM..... I mean seriously?  You missed that point?   UM AND the Bengals staffs simply underutilize a guy for 6 years? 

You cant be this naive.

Reply/Quote