Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Force Awakens spoiler thread
I really liked Ben Solo aka Kylo Ren. I honestly believe he was being truthful to Han when he said that he wasn't sure what to do. He clearly has moments when he wants to turn back. He even admits that the light calls to him. I think he turned off his lightsaber and handed it to Han as a sign that he wanted to stop, but midway had an internal struggle.

I believe the trilogy ends with him killing Snoke and seeking redemption.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 10:36 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: What were your thoughts on Kylo not being able to easily strike down Rey and Finn in light saber combat. The only explanation for me was him having been shot by Chewbacca earlier.

Also didn't like her using the Jedi mind trick without training. But I can get over that I suppose.

Overall I'd put Force Awakens after A New Hope, Return of the Jedi, and Revenge of the Sith. Somewhere right with Empire.

Kylo was fighting way too much via anger. He wasn't as controlled so it's understandable that he would make mistakes. He would also definitely underestimate Finn and not fight as hard
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 12:17 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I really liked Ben Solo aka Kylo Ren. I honestly believe he was being truthful to Han when he said that he wasn't sure what to do. He clearly has moments when he wants to turn back. He even admits that the light calls to him. I think he turned off his lightsaber and handed it to Han as a sign that he wanted to stop, but midway had an internal struggle.

I would think it would happen earlier though. Or else it would seem to much like the exact path the original trilogy took
Reply/Quote
that movie took half the path the original trilogy took anyway. played it a little safe with some of his scenes...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 12:17 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I really liked Ben Solo aka Kylo Ren. I honestly believe he was being truthful to Han when he said that he wasn't sure what to do. He clearly has moments when he wants to turn back. He even admits that the light calls to him. I think he turned off his lightsaber and handed it to Han as a sign that he wanted to stop, but midway had an internal struggle.

I thought it was a fitting death for Han, one of the few times he was being outright selfless and noble. He knew what was probably going to happen. 
But if he didn't stall, chances are issues would arise. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 12:52 AM)eoxyod Wrote: Kylo was fighting way too much via anger. He wasn't as controlled so it's understandable that he would make mistakes. He would also definitely underestimate Finn and not fight as hard

He also just got smoked by Chewie in the gut. 
Reply/Quote
I saw it today and liked it a lot. My only issues, Mark Hamill received top billing throughout all the promotional stuff, but he's in it for 30 seconds and doesn't have a speaking line. Some of the secondary characters were neglected, I would've loved to know more about Captain Phasma and Snoke, but I get why they didn't go into much detail, they already were covering quite a few new characters. It was heavy handed with the nostalgia which imo helped and hindered it. It obviously helped by making it feel like Star Wars again, but it hindered it because it was essentially a remake of A New Hope. I also thought it was very lazy to use a Super Deathstar. But I really did enjoy it and I'm excited to see where this story goes. Rey and Finn were great, BB-8 stole the show, Kylo Ren seems to be a pretty compelling villain, and I loved the amount of humor in it. That scene where Ren is throwing a temper tantrum and the Stormtroopers just walk away was hilarious! I'm sad to see Han go, but I think it was a great choice by JJ.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 03:41 AM)Bryan Wrote: I saw it today and liked it a lot. My only issues, Mark Hamill received top billing throughout all the promotional stuff, but he's in it for 30 seconds and doesn't have a speaking line. Some of the secondary characters were neglected, I would've loved to know more about Captain Phasma and Snoke, but I get why they didn't go into much detail, they already were covering quite a few new characters. It was heavy handed with the nostalgia which imo helped and hindered it. It obviously helped by making it feel like Star Wars again, but it hindered it because it was essentially a remake of A New Hope. I also thought it was very lazy to use a Super Deathstar. But I really did enjoy it and I'm excited to see where this story goes. Rey and Finn were great, BB-8 stole the show, Kylo Ren seems to be a pretty compelling villain, and I loved the amount of humor in it. That scene where Ren is throwing a temper tantrum and the Stormtroopers just walk away was hilarious! I'm sad to see Han go, but I think it was a great choice by JJ.

I think the billing was a ploy to keep people off the trail of the story arc.
Kept one more thing for you to keep guessing.

As for Phasma, she has the lead in the Rouge Squadron I believe. 

Snoke is obviously getting the Palpatine treatment.

The humor was an excellent break from some tense moments. 
Reply/Quote
So I'm going off my memory from Thursday night. Perhaps someone who has seen it since then can clear this up.

As to the question of Rey being Luke's child or another from Han and Leia, when Rey reached Skywalker at the end, wasn't he standing at a grave looking at the tombstone? I took that to be the grave of his wife, Rey's mother.
Reply/Quote
I really have issues that the last of the jedis don't follow the Jedi Code. It means that there is no more jedis in the galaxy ...

Besides Anankin who never was a master, there is no jedis with families. The Skywalker link is already in with Kylo. Having one more is too much and irrelevant to the Jedi code.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:41 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I really have issues that the last of the jedis don't follow the Jedi Code. It means that there is no more jedis in the galaxy ...

Besides Anankin who never was a master, there is no jedis with families. The Skywalker link is already in with Kylo. Having one more is too much and irrelevant to the Jedi code.

I mean, who knows if much of the Jedi code has even survived? Also, if force sensitivity runs in the family, it makes sense to let force sensitives have kids.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 12:52 AM)eoxyod Wrote: Kylo was fighting way too much via anger. He wasn't as controlled so it's understandable that he would make mistakes. He would also definitely underestimate Finn and not fight as hard

Yea, I had the feeling he underestimated Finn. Let's not forget the man was trained to be a soldier (and a janitor) and part of that seemed to be a bit of hand to hand or even melee weapon combat. 

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 12:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, I had the feeling he underestimated Finn. Let's not forget the man was trained to be a soldier (and a janitor) and part of that seemed to be a bit of hand to hand or even melee weapon combat. 

lol what did you do when you were stationed here? Sanitation.

Really liked Finn's character transformation from a runaway to someone with something to fight for. Him and Rey really counter each other well with good chemistry.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:41 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I really have issues that the last of the jedis don't follow the Jedi Code. It means that there is no more jedis in the galaxy ...

(12-20-2015, 12:12 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I mean, who knows if much of the Jedi code has even survived? Also, if force sensitivity runs in the family, it makes sense to let force sensitives have kids.

yeah, when you are down to...one....you can probably get by bending the rules.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:36 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: So I'm going off my memory from Thursday night.  Perhaps someone who has seen it since then can clear this up.

As to the question of Rey being Luke's child or another from Han and Leia, when Rey reached Skywalker at the end, wasn't he standing at a grave looking at the tombstone?  I took that to be the grave of his wife, Rey's mother.

Sob I saw it twice and didnt pick up on that but could be I guess thinking back. Here is another clue though, Rey had a X-wing fighter doll at the beginning of the movie, and the x-wing helmet as well. Either they were given to her, she found the helmet as a relic of the battle of Jakku, or she made the doll herself. But still a little possible clue nonetheless.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I think Rey ends up being a Kenobi.

And there will be no redemption for Kylo. He should stay as a purely hated villain.
Reply/Quote
Here's one: will Kylo still wear a helmet/mask? The one he had was dropped on the bridge, and that last bridge scene was him walking away from it going towards Rey & Finn after he saw them. He obviously fought them without it on, and then the planet blew up.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 02:45 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Here's one: will Kylo still wear a helmet/mask? The one he had was dropped on the bridge, and that last bridge scene was him walking away from it going towards Rey & Finn after he saw them. He obviously fought them without it on, and then the planet blew up.

I don't see why he couldn't get a new mask.
I hope he does. Much more intimidating 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 02:46 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I don't see why he couldn't get a new mask.
I hope he does. Much more intimidating 

Yeah I hope so too. Actually I didnt think of Reys vision she had of Kylo and his knights in the rain. One used in the trailers. If she foresees that then he has the same helmet again.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 02:50 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Yeah I hope so too. Actually I didnt think of Reys vision she had of Kylo and his knights in the rain. One used in the trailers. If she foresees that then he has the same helmet again.

Fun fact: that was Ewan McGregor saying "Rey!" when she touches the lightsaber.
Reply/Quote