Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Force Awakens spoiler thread
(12-28-2015, 04:45 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Everyone has been talking about how Rey is Luke's daughter, and I can't stop thinking she's a Solo instead.

There's a good deal of evidence for both really. Maybe a little TOO much for her to be a Skywalker. Misdirection maybe?
Reply/Quote
I didn't see any hint she's a Skywalker nor a Solo ... She thought Luke was a myth, Solo didn't know her. But I feel alone in this theory.

I think she's a noone.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 06:12 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I didn't see any hint she's a Skywalker nor a Solo ... She thought Luke was a myth, Solo didn't know her. But I feel alone in this theory.

I think she's a noone.

Solo didn't know her but they were practically finishing each other's sentences.  I still think she's either a long lost child of Han and Leia or Luke's daughter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Kenobi lineage for Rey has been a rumor since she was cast. The rumor of Adam Driver being a Solo was early and correct. The rumor for Finn before we knew who Finn was was that he was Luke son since Jesse Plemons was in talks. We now know that he was in talks for the role of Finn and that there was no race required for that role.

There are a ton of reason why Rey SHOULD be a Skywalker and many why she shouldn't be. The parallels of her childhood and the lightsaber calling out to her are big. Then again, why would Luke dump his daughter on a planet then go into hiding for 13+ years instead of having her come with him to this secret Jedi temple and training her?

There's also the filming script that helped write the novel that has Kylo Ren recognizing her as someone he should know or did know.

If we had ages and a timeline, this would be easier to piece together. We know Poe is 29-30 (he was conceived by two rebels fighters the night of the Battle of Endor) and this movie takes place 30 years later. He know that Ben/Ren has to then be no more than 28-29. We don't know Rey's age, but we know she said in an interview that she was 5 when she was left on Jakku.

My guess is that she is 19. Luke and Leia are 19 in IV. Anakin is 19 in II. It's the age that is used a lot. So if she is 19, she was left for 14 years. If Kylo Ren is 28, which I think is the oldest age he can be (Adam Driver is 32), that means he was 14 when he turned against Luke and the Jedi. That explains why he is immature, emotionally stunted, and hasn't completed his training.

EDIT: Apparently the official TFA visual dictionary does confirm Rey as 19. Also, a Lucasfilms executive said around 29 for Ren, but said his tweets are not canon, so that could change.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
The main reason she's not a Skywalker is that if you are the last jedi and you found an academy, you follow the rules.

If Luke gets married, he's not a jedi no more and all the plot of the First Order searching for the last jedi is pointless.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 07:55 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: The main reason she's not a Skywalker is that if you are the last jedi and you found an academy, you follow the rules.

If Luke gets married, he's not a jedi no more and all the plot of the First Order searching for the last jedi is pointless.

Maybe that's why Luke failed. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 06:14 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Reviving Han would be the worst piece of filmwork ever

Word. Epic scenes like that should never be undone.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 07:55 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: The main reason she's not a Skywalker is that if you are the last jedi and you found an academy, you follow the rules.

Maybe Luke was like "Bruh, following all those ancient rules got the Jedi order schellacked a few decades back, if we had let Anakin get his freak on openly with Padme maybe I'd have some company round here."

We know how Star Wars had those P&R allusions, adapting the rules of the Jedi order would keep up with that.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 01:13 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Maybe Luke was like "Bruh, following all those ancient rules got the Jedi order schellacked a few decades back, if we had let Anakin get his freak on openly with Padme maybe I'd have some company round here."

We know how Star Wars had those P&R allusions, adapting the rules of the Jedi order would keep up with that.

I do agree but he's not a jedi. He's a force user but not a Jedi. If the pope gets married, he's no more a catholic, when you change dogmas you're not a master, you're a guru.

And as long as Star Wars is about the Jedis ... There's no plot anymore. It's a code, an order not I do whatever I want when I want. 

The rules of the dark and the light side are not binded in time, it's universal and timeless. 

Reply/Quote
https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/3x5iqm/tfa_spoilers_theory_about_the_chosen_one_prophecy/

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 08:07 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: that's because in the now non cannon books she was. Luke also had a kid but it was a son.

No she wasn't. In the material formerly known as canon the Solo children were Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin. Jaina and Jacen were twins, Jacen went dark and Jaina eventually killed him. Luke and Mara had a kid named Ben, named for Obi Wan. This is the one thing that kind of bugged me that they named the Solo kid Ben (that is what Han called him, isn't it?) since Ben would have meant more as a name to Luke.

(12-30-2015, 07:55 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: The main reason she's not a Skywalker is that if you are the last jedi and you found an academy, you follow the rules.

In the old Canon, Luke marries after founding the new temple and Order. Jacen, on his turn to the dark, kills Mara, Luke's wife, IIRC.
Reply/Quote

Anakin married Padme, and he was a Jedi.

And who says Luke had to be married to father a child?

Leia's last name is still Organa, so either Star Wars has divorce, or she and Han were never married.  And yet they have a child as well.

And who knows, maybe Luke had a one night fling so he could say the last girl he made out with was NOT his sister!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 07:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: No she wasn't. In the material formerly known as canon the Solo children were Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin. Jaina and Jacen were twins, Jacen went dark and Jaina eventually killed him. Luke and Mara had a kid named Ben, named for Obi Wan. This is the one thing that kind of bugged me that they named the Solo kid Ben (that is what Han called him, isn't it?) since Ben would have meant more as a name to Luke.

In the old Canon, Luke marries after founding the new temple and Order. Jacen, on his turn to the dark, kills Mara, Luke's wife, IIRC.

Interesting.

So the concept could be that Ren saw Luke, his uncle, as more of a father figure than his own father.  Upon realizing that Luke's affections are to his wife and daughter, Ren kills his wife and attempts to kill his daughter as well.  So Luke hides Rey and goes into exhile himself.  This lends credence to my observation that Luke was at a grave when Rey found him.

Or, maybe Ren feels that he must become the last of the Skywalker line in order to truly be powerful, and therefore is attempting to exterminate the rest of the line.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 07:04 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Anakin married Padme, and he was a Jedi.

And who says Luke had to be married to father a child?

Leia's last name is still Organa, so either Star Wars has divorce, or she and Han were never married.  And yet they have a child as well.

And who knows, maybe Luke had a one night fling so he could say the last girl he made out with was NOT his sister!!!

He never was a master.

But I saw the movie again just yet and I'm now 100% sure that Rey is the reincarnation of Anakin Skywalker. Everything fits perfectly. The chosen one is back and Luke knows it when she came. That's why the saber is calling, that's why the saber jumped into her hands passing through Ren, it's HER.

I can explain the whole movie with that theory.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 07:22 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: He never was a master.

But I saw the movie again just yet and I'm now 100% sure that Rey is the reincarnation of Anakin Skywalker. Everything fits perfectly. The chosen one is back and Luke knows it when she came. That's why the saber is calling, that's why the saber jumped into her hands passing through Ren, it's HER.

I can explain the whole movie with that theory.

Neither was Luke.

Just because he was the last one, that doesn't make him a master.  In fact, in his own words, he was a Jedi "like my father before me".
Reply/Quote
You'll see. Luke having a daughter is actually a terrible plot.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 07:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: No she wasn't. In the material formerly known as canon the Solo children were Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin. Jaina and Jacen were twins, Jacen went dark and Jaina eventually killed him. Luke and Mara had a kid named Ben, named for Obi Wan. This is the one thing that kind of bugged me that they named the Solo kid Ben (that is what Han called him, isn't it?) since Ben would have meant more as a name to Luke.

Ur right, been a while since i read any of the books. Just seems like they chanhed the names to me though.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 10:35 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I do agree but he's not a jedi. He's a force user but not a Jedi. If the pope gets married, he's no more a catholic, when you change dogmas you're not a master, you're a guru.

And as long as Star Wars is about the Jedis ... There's no plot anymore. It's a code, an order not I do whatever I want when I want. 

The rules of the dark and the light side are not binded in time, it's universal and timeless. 

Luke is a Jedi because he ultimately chose the path of the light side when he could have replaced Vader. I dont think it should be any more complicated than that considering pretty much all Jedi were wiped out. The rules/codes that you are making your argument are just that, they are rules set down from the ancient Jedi councils to the last one under Yoda. They aren't like the 10 commandments written in stone by the force so to speak. They are governing rules to keep the 1000's of Jedis in the Galaxy in compliance to the Jedi Order of the time. But the most important thing to be a Jedi isnt about following council/political rules, but it is following the basic code which was very well played out in one of the best games ever KOTOR.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 09:26 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: Ur right, been a while since i read any of the books. Just seems like they chanhed the names to me though.

Based on what we have right now, there is more than just a gender swap and name change. Ben was trained by Jacen for some time before Jacen went dark. That dynamic is missing here. I am looking forward to seeing what they do with this, though.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 10:44 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Luke is a Jedi because he ultimately chose the path of the light side when he could have replaced Vader. I dont think it should be any more complicated than that considering pretty much all Jedi were wiped out. The rules/codes that you are making your argument are just that, they are rules set down from the ancient Jedi councils to the last one under Yoda. They aren't like the 10 commandments written in stone by the force so to speak. They are governing rules to keep the 1000's of Jedis in the Galaxy in compliance to the Jedi Order of the time. But the most important thing to be a Jedi isnt about following council/political rules, but it is following the basic code which was very well played out in one of the best games ever KOTOR.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Attachment leads to emotion, that's why it is forbidden. You don't have the same feeling for your child as for another. It's obvious.

Reply/Quote