Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The GOP really loves their women
(01-06-2017, 12:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: All KIDDING aside I have seen several articles about rural hospitals that will be hurt by this. (Edit: "this" = repeal of the ACA)  Something to do with an agreement made to accept less from Medicare because there was to be more insured people to balance it out.

FIFY
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-06-2017, 02:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: FIFY

No.  You messed it up! Rant
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I use that line from Steve Allen...although I use it differently and he may not have invented it.

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2005-August/052576.html

(01-06-2017, 01:48 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Well.....yeah.

If we force more poor women to have poor babies, that's more of a demographic we don't mind sending off to war.

Cannon fodder

Btw...  (from you speaking of the pretty gate)  how many rocks have you painted to be pretty, in your military career ?
Was that really a punishment ?
If so, did most guys keep track ?
Just curious, as I heard a story, somewhere.

Never had to paint rocks, but when it comes to punishment you're pretty much only limited by your imagination. Mwah hah hah hah!
(01-06-2017, 11:36 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It would save on birth control. But, wouldn't the savings most likely be offset by an increase in spending on WIC, food stamps, Medicaid, and Welfare?

How would eliminating free Birth Control do that?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-06-2017, 10:03 AM)Griever Wrote: you do realize that planned parenthood does more for women than just abortions right? (and im pretty sure they dont get government funding to do the abortions, they get it for all the other services they provide them)

just admit that your party lately hates women

Who the hell was talking about abortions?

(01-06-2017, 04:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How would eliminating free Birth Control do that?

That you have to ask for an explanation makes my head sad.

Notice I didn't say surprised.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(01-06-2017, 05:01 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: That you have to ask for an explanation makes my head sad.

Notice I didn't say surprised.

Not receiving one makes my head hurt as well.

Notice i didn't say surprised

(01-06-2017, 05:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who the hell was talking about abortions?

Every Republican who is talking about defunding PP.
(01-06-2017, 05:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: Every Republican who is talking about defunding PP.

My apologies I thought we were keeping it within the context of me and the person I replied to; I forgot to include the whole world. My bad.

(01-06-2017, 05:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My apologies I thought we were keeping it within the context of me and the person I replied to; I forgot to include the whole world. My bad.

My bad.  Thought it was just a general response on a public message board, not a conversation between two members.
(01-06-2017, 05:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not receiving one makes my head hurt as well.

Notice i didn't say surprised

That's your brain trying to formulate using logic.

Use aspirin for it. Midol for cramps.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(01-06-2017, 05:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: My bad.  Thought it was just a general response on a public message board, not a conversation between two members.

Oh, I understand; You don't know the purpose behind the quote function. Allow me to shed light inside of cursing your darkness:

Poster A: Taking away free birth control will cost the government money

Poster B (replies directly to poster A: How will taking away free birth control will cost the government money?

Poster C (replies directly to Poster B): You do know planned Parenthood does more than abortions don't you....and then something about hating women

Poster B (replies directly to Poster C) WTF, does that have to do with what we are talking about?

Poster D (replies to Poster B): Republicans what to defund planned Parenthood

Poster B (replies to poster D): WTF, does that have to do with what we are talking about?

Poster D: I'm just saying

All the while Poster B does not get his question answered, just insulted. 

(01-06-2017, 05:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, I understand; You don't know the purpose behind the quote function. Allow me to shed light inside of cursing your darkness:

Poster A: Taking away free birth control will cost the government money

Poster B (replies directly to poster A: How will taking away free birth control will cost the government money?

Poster C (replies directly to Poster B): You do know planned Parenthood does more than abortions don't you....and then something about hating women

Poster B (replies directly to Poster C) WTF, does that have to do with what we are talking about?

Poster D (replies to Poster B): Republicans what to defund planned Parenthood

Poster B (replies to poster D): WTF, does that have to do with what we are talking about?

Poster D: I'm just saying

All the while Poster B does not get his question answered, just insulted. 

Nervous

So I guess my apology wasn't accepted?
(01-06-2017, 04:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How would eliminating free Birth Control do that?

The line of thinking would be: We take away free birth control - hence, less people will use birth control - since they don't turn abstinent, this will lead to more pregnancies - which will lead to more births of poor women who couldn't even afford birth control - hence, more poor children/children of poor mothers have to be taken care of - hence, it costs the state money (or he doesn't take care of them, which also will cost money, becaue desperation, crime, arrests and stuff).

So here you go. Poster E out.
(01-06-2017, 09:46 PM)hollodero Wrote: The line of thinking would be: We take away free birth control - hence, less people will use birth control - since they don't turn abstinent, this will lead to more pregnancies - which will lead to more births of poor women who couldn't even afford birth control - hence, more poor children/children of poor mothers have to be taken care of - hence, it costs the state money (or he doesn't take care of them, which also will cost money, becaue desperation, crime, arrests and stuff).

I appreciate you providing the answer for all those that would not, rather they would just spout off.

This line of thinking (given it wasn't yours, you just provided the explanation) assumes that those women that we currently provide with free stuff will just become more irresponsible if we take their free stuff away. Seems kind of disrespectful toward such women.

Which side is it that hates women again?

Hollodero answered your question. 
(01-06-2017, 09:46 PM)hollodero Wrote: The line of thinking would be: We take away free birth control - hence, less people will use birth control - since they don't turn abstinent, this will lead to more pregnancies - which will lead to more births of poor women who couldn't even afford birth control - hence, more poor children/children of poor mothers have to be taken care of - hence, it costs the state money (or he doesn't take care of them, which also will cost money, becaue desperation, crime, arrests and stuff).

Good for you saying "less" people will use birth control.

Some people may think you meant "all" and imply that people who feel that way think women are stupid.
(01-06-2017, 11:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Hollodero answered your question. 

He did; as he is one of the better posters in this forum. Not everybody will answer a question posed. 

(01-06-2017, 11:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: Good for you saying "less" people will use birth control.

Some people may think you meant "all" and imply that people who feel that way think women are stupid.

Stupid folk making these generalizations.