Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Giants Game can still be Won By Bengals
I just find it sad how many people would rather see us lose and gain draft position than win. It's just ridiculous.

You guys act like if we don't get Sewell we have to settle for chopped liver. Maybe we end up with the best pass rusher or CB in the draft. It's a deep year for OT - maybe we get a really good one in rd2. Even if it's the long term success of the team you care about, winning now does more for that than a few picks in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 03:36 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I just find it sad how many people would rather see us lose and gain draft position than win. It's just ridiculous.

You guys act like if we don't get Sewell we have to settle for chopped liver. Maybe we end up with the best pass rusher or CB in the draft. It's a deep year for OT - maybe we get a really good one in rd2. Even if it's the long term success of the team you care about, winning now does more for that than a few picks in the draft.

And there is no guarantee that we use the better draft spot correctly.

There is still a lot of players on this team that are going to make up next years roster.

Losing game after game does nothing to help the them. Bates, Boyd, Higgins, Mixon (when back), Jonah, Logan Wilson, ADG, Lawson (hopefully), Hubbard, Von Bell, there is guys that you want to see improve their play and get better and hell if they can learn to win without their starting QB, imagine what they would do with him. Not blind hope, just not able to sit here and say... well go lose them all team.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes, the best option for this team right now is to lose the rest of their games this season.This might just hold out hope for a high draft pick,and new coaching staff.Zac showed his desperation when he brought a practice squad Quarterback in to play Sunday,As opposed to his back-up Quarterback,of whom he thought so highly of,to trade up and get in the fourth round.He’s fighting for his job.Not the future of this team.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 03:12 AM)kevin Wrote: Oh, you are one of these rooting for how many we can lose guys.   You as a fan can be that way, but NOT the Players and Coaches.  There Is NO QUIT In Football.   They have 6 games left and somebody has to play them.  There is NO QUIT in Football.   

The Giants lost Barkley, they will not be crying for Bengals injuries.  Bengalrs need to step up.  Beating the 2020 Giants in PAUL BROWN Stadium is possible Thanksgiving Weekend.

We should also WANT Finley to do well, because Burrow is going to be out for a while.  Finley an early 4th round pick,  Ken Anderson was a late 3rd round pick.  Just as when Cook went down, I wanted Carter and Anderson to step up.  While Burrow is out, we need somebody to step up in 2020 and maybe 2021.  Hopefully unlike Cook, Burrow returns someday as Smith has at Washington.  Hopefully we will have drafted a better O Line and Defense by the time Burrow returns. The team is kind of committed to drafting Burrow and his rehab return someday.  I would not be against a 2021 resign of Andy for one year, a veteran to fill the gap until Burrow returns.  Hey, we brought Boomer back for one year.  Ex Bengal Fitzpatrick might do a one year contract, or Rivers or Cam.  I see a one year veteran willing to do a year of Bengals in 2021 while Burrow rehabs. We were lucky to get Virgil Carter from Bears in 1970.

I've been through this Greg Cook situation before.  Cook never came back.  Burrow could.   You root for the QB's coming in to do good.  You do not root against them.  I wanted Wyche, Carter and Anderson to do good and WIN after Cook went down.  I rooted for Blake, Kitna or McCarron when they came in after starters injured.  So now I root for Finley to do good and Win.  Look at Houston when they beat us with 3rd string Yates.  NO QUIT in FOOTBALL.  Finley has Green, Boyd, Higgins to get the ball to.  He needs practice field time reps, and he will now get those.

That's old school Kevin. I can dig it. Cool

You deserve a medal my guy, you've been hanging on from the inaugural season. 

I get what you're saying, and you're right. Anyone that's ever strapped on a headgear knows you are right. There is no quit in the game. You'll get your ass hurt if you do. 0-10, or 10-0, there's no quit among admirable players. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:18 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Yes, the best option for this team right now is to lose the rest of their games this season.This might just hold out hope for a high draft pick,and new coaching staff.Zac showed his desperation when he brought a practice squad Quarterback in to play Sunday,As opposed to his back-up Quarterback,of whom he thought so highly of,to trade up and get in the fourth round.He’s fighting for his job.Not the future of this team.
This is also why Burrow is on crutches right now... Zack's trying anything he can think of to not be the worst ever at this point. Even to the detriment of his own players....
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 02:53 AM)kevin Wrote: There is an old story in football of when the team is down, go out and WIN ONE for The Gipper, or something like that.   IF Players Step Up Sunday. they can Win One for Burrow and also sidelined Mixon.  The Giants are not a powerhouse team in 2020, they lost their top running back early in season. The game is in Cincinnati where Bengals have won in 2020.  They can cry over last week, or they can step up and earn Their paychecks and Win One for Burrow.  

I'm hoping unlike Greg Cook, Joe Burrow will be back.  For now it is time for back-ups to earn their pay as Sam Wyche, Virgil Carter, Turk, Jeff Blake, Jon Kitna, Fitzgerald, McCarron when thrown into games after injuries to starters. Ryan Finley is a 4th round pick from North Carolina State and for him it is an opportunity.  With no preseason and all focus on getting rookie Burrow reps. Finley would have been rusty coming in last week.  This week Finley gets the starters practice reps all week.   Bengals back-up is Brandon Allen as Bengals are trying out QBs.  I see it is possible for Bengals to claim Jake Dolegala off Patriots practice squad if they keep him on active roster at least 3 weeks.  Finley, Allen and Dolegala were all members of Bengals in 2020, and having 3 active QBs rest of season is more than possible.  My guess is Ryan Finley may be a good replacement for now with practice reps now.

Finley was drafted 4th round under Zac in 2019 and has backed up Dalton and then Burrow.  So he has had 2 years of the playbook.  He is the best option to carry out the playbook the last 6 games.  Finley & Team need to Step Up.  The Giants Game can be Won.  Get that 3rd win of season.  There Is No Quit In Football.  They have 6 games left to play. so hit the practice field and Get At It,  These 6 teams will have no tears for Bengals on game days.  Warren Sapp on slamming Akili Smith to ground said, " I don't feel sorry for you ".  Neither will the 6 teams left on Bengals Schedule, so put the crying towels away. Hit that practice field.

lulzies

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:03 PM)mas_fuerte Wrote: Once again, the season isn't even over, and we find ourselves rooting for this team to lose out for a better position in the draft. Really hard to be excited about this organization right now.

Even if we get Penei, we're still 1-2 O-lineman away from giving Joe the protection he needs. Then you have to factor in other holes that need to be upgraded (DL, CB, LB, WR)...

Sadly, over Mike Brown’s tenure as owner/GM, winning is the exception and not the rule. In most years 2/3 into the season we talk of draft positioning. Maybe things will be different when Mike passes and Katie takes over.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Man, I hope not.

Not only do I want draft position, I want this staff sent as far from PBS as can be managed. I want it to burn. I want no excuse at all to keep these people running the on-field aspects of the team. I hope it's ugly. I don't want everyone to sing Kumbaya. I want locker room mutiny and players dog-cussing coaches on the sidelines. I want players to literally trample Turner and Anarumo on national TV.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 12:23 PM)samhain Wrote: Man, I hope not.

Not only do I want draft position, I want this staff sent as far from PBS as can be managed. I want it to burn. I want no excuse at all to keep these people running the on-field aspects of the team. I hope it's ugly. I don't want everyone to sing Kumbaya. I want locker room mutiny and players dog-cussing coaches on the sidelines. I want players to literally trample Turner and Anarumo on national TV.

I was disappointed by Carlos Dunlap's sideline outburst during the Cleveland game, but after reading the recent articles on Anarumo, I kinda wish he would've got to him now.

I'll root for a win for the players. They practice all week for a reason. I just doubt it happens.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 05:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A drink...a drink...a drink.

You're buying the first round.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2020, 04:17 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: You're buying the first round.

If you’re drinking for Sewell I’m buying the first round.

Then Cosca can cover a round or 2 of shots
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This nickname needs to gain some serious traction.  Well done, sir. :andy:

That video of him wearing the hat after the game sunday made me realize just how frail that dude looks.  The hat looked like it was 3 sizes too big
Reply/Quote
The Bengals magnificent coaching staff will put one of the NFL's most dominating playbook to annihilate the debilitated Giants in a never seen before show of force by this glorious Bengals coaching staff....   Sarcasm Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2020, 11:29 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: If you’re drinking for Sewell I’m buying the first round.

Then Cosca can cover a round or 2 of shots

Done. Make mine Makers, Cos.

And good since I just spent money on this: https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/9832823-qb-joe-a-real-cincinnati-hero
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 03:31 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: Done. Make mine Makers, Cos.

And good since I just spent money on this: https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/9832823-qb-joe-a-real-cincinnati-hero

Great shirt.

Reply/Quote
Alllen is starting at QB, and Spain is replacing Jordan at LG. Hart is back on the right side at tackle. They could win this game. XFS is expected back in a week or 2, and will retake the RG position. Unfortunately, they could now play their way out of the #3 pick. Giving up Sewell would be horrible.
Reply/Quote
Need to lose out & get the highest draft pick possible.
Reply/Quote
Wanting the best possible pick doesn't make you any less of a fan.

I want what's best for the team as a fan I want to see success and right now that means getting the best value pick possible for next season.

Yes I hope the team loses.

And a lose against the giants is huge. If they jump us in the draft they're taking Sewell. They need line help as badly as we do.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 12:19 PM)motoarch Wrote: Wanting the best possible pick doesn't make you any less of a fan.

I want what's best for the team as a fan I want to see success and right now that means getting the best value pick possible for next season.

Yes I hope the team loses.

And a lose against the giants is huge. If they jump us in the draft they're taking Sewell. They need line help as badly as we do.

To each their own, but I can't get behind this. This team knows nothing outside of AJ Green and Geno ( who isn't even around) knows nothing but losing. They need to learn to win games regardless of who is out there. We're picking in the top 10 regardless. We'll get an impact draft pick if we're smart.

Are they gonna win tomorrow though? Probably not.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 11:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Alllen is starting at QB, and Spain is replacing Jordan at LG. Hart is back on the  right side at tackle. They could win this game. XFS is expected back in a week or 2, and will retake the RG position. Unfortunately, they could now play their way out of the #3 pick. Giving up Sewell would be horrible.

I'd prefer Jonah, moving Adeniji to the LT spot.

(11-28-2020, 12:22 PM)jason Wrote: To each their own, but I can't get behind this. This team knows nothing outside of AJ Green and Geno ( who isn't even around) knows nothing but losing. They need to learn to win games regardless of who is out there. We're picking in the top 10 regardless. We'll get an impact draft pick if we're smart.

Are they gonna win tomorrow though? Probably not.

Not sure what you mean there, as he played last week.  There is no reason to think he wouldn't be active this week.

On the bright side of everything, maybe this is the point that Taylor learns to lean on the running game to keep the defense honest and slow up the pass rush.
Reply/Quote