Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hit on Malone
(11-26-2017, 07:59 PM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: The worst bit was the argument by the announcer that because Malone had taken two steps he had completed the catch. Ok, we'll take the catch and fumble out of bounds, first down at the five. Or maybe the blatant pass interference, first down at the ten.

Crazy when all three scenarios have the same outcome and the announcers are quibbling over one of them being a marginal call

Actually pass interference or fumble out of bounds would have been better for the bengals as they would have gotten the ball where Malone was hit. 

Pass interference needed to be called. If Malone has two hands he probably holds on to the ball. 
Reply/Quote
That hit cost Jabril Peppers $24,000

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 05:25 PM)pally Wrote: That hit cost Jabril Peppers $24,000

Yep.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21621180/jabrill-peppers-cleveland-browns-fined-24k-hit-appeal
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think he should have been fined.

He committed a penalty by the rules stated.

However it seemed coincidental and not necessarily by intent.

I'm not real sure if that weighs in on fine status for such call.

Perhaps they felt his contact was unnecessary to begin with?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 05:25 PM)pally Wrote: That hit cost Jabril Peppers $24,000

Why even have defenders on the field?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 04:55 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: If they don't make that terrible call I truly think Cleveland is 1-10.

WTH are you talking about?  Cleveland NEVER HAD A LEAD.  It's not like the Bengals needed the ensuing TD to win.
Reply/Quote
Need I point out that there is no such thing as a bad call against the other team? There are ONLY bad calls against US! Everything else is completely irrelevant, period, end story!  If OUR guys take out a gun and shoot and kill a player for another team that's just a good clean football hit! 

Ok, MAYBE I'm stretching it just a tiny little bit, but I have my reasons..I hate the other side..so sue me..lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 10:54 AM)Sweetness Wrote: What are you talking about man? Grandpa did you get into the liqour cabinet again?!

Just rattling on with a what if scenario.. Don't pretend I'm the only one around here that does that! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote