Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread
(10-27-2021, 10:33 PM)Benton Wrote: Guys...

The Bengals are having one fantastic start to their season. One of the best in a long time.

Everybody's viewpoints are welcome, but there's a ton of other things to argue about. Ticket prices. Cost of a jersey. Parking. The ability of right-handed officials to fairly officiate games.

Instead of just kicking each other over ships that have sailed, maybe... just maybe... enjoy the smooth sailing for a while? Or at least stop kicking each other in the *****.

This x 100  Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I'm with Stewy. Not ready to anoint anyone yet. Pretty clear he was the right choice at #5. Enjoying this team more than any since the Boomer/Wyche Era, and Chase is a huge part of that.
Go Benton Panthers!!
(10-27-2021, 10:33 PM)Benton Wrote: Guys...

The Bengals are having one fantastic start to their season. One of the best in a long time.

Everybody's viewpoints are welcome, but there's a ton of other things to argue about. Ticket prices. Cost of a jersey. Parking. The ability of right-handed officials to fairly officiate games.

Instead of just kicking each other over ships that have sailed, maybe... just maybe... enjoy the smooth sailing for a while? Or at least stop kicking each other in the *****.

Arguments in this thread or not, it’s absolutely insane how much more civil and tame you guys are compared to TigerDroppings
(10-27-2021, 07:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Really??

A guy with 7 games can do things a guy who just led the entire NFL in receiving can't...

I get this is homerville USA but can we stay in some level of sanity and reality?

Throw on the tape. Chase is a better route runner. Diggs is really good but sometimes he takes too many steps and takes longer to get out of his breaks. Chase should not be this good of a route runner at his age. It's highly uncommon. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Guy Who Has Done It Longer > Guy Who Has Done it Less Long

This is the world's easiest opinion. It's safe. It's ordinary. Nobody will bat an eye at it. It's often even correct. If folks wish to take on this view, I hold them no grudge. I probably agree with them in most cases.

Likewise, if someone wants to make the more courageous proclamation, that the smaller sample size IS evidence of something truly unique -- more power to them! Go wild! Go crazy! There are no rules! Ja'Marr Chase can be better than Stefon Diggs if you want. He can be better than Jerry Rice if you want. Those views may open you to egg on your face later in life, but that's perfectly fine. At least you enjoyed yourself while you could.

If this kind of thing actually makes it harder to root for Ja'Marr Chase, then that is absolutely not a message board problem or a homerism problem -- that's just an abysmal personal philosophy.
(10-28-2021, 01:04 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Arguments in this thread or not, it’s absolutely insane how much more civil and tame you guys are compared to TigerDroppings

It's a demand of the CoC, which the Mods and board owner believe in and regulate......sometimes ruthlessly.

Keep in mind that the origins of these forums were rfom the migration of the Bengals OFFICIAL forums that were around from 2005-2015 before being shut down.  They were HIGHLY regulated, and one of the last official Team run set of forums.  For the Bengals, the members were given a great deal of highly mod'd latitude.  You could even criticize the ownership on their own forums as long as it was VERY civil.

My point is that the beginnings of these forums and culture brought here had already recognized the value of moderation and civility.  But there are always asshats, assclowns and jergoffs to suspend.

Lastly, by its very name, Tigerdroppings, does not sound like a place of civility, but a place that caters to the lowest common denominator.  hehe
(10-28-2021, 02:07 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: Calling it.... Chase will be 1st team all pro this year

If he maintains this level of play, it should be a slam dunk...although it seems like the NFL often cops out and just gives the most amazing rookie the ROY award and that's it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32479132/nfl-rookie-rankings-2021-our-top-10-first-years-jamarr-chase-record-setting-start-rising-corners-more

Ranked the top rookie this far.
(10-28-2021, 01:04 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Arguments in this thread or not, it’s absolutely insane how much more civil and tame you guys are compared to TigerDroppings

Is that really the name of a board? LOL

Chase so far through 7 games...

Targets-51(#24-t)

Receptions-30(#24-t)

Catch %-68.6%(#108-t)

Yards-754(#2)

Yards/Reception-21.5(#1)

TD-6(#4-t)

First Downs-25(#13-t)

Yards/Target-14.8(#1)

20+ Yard Catches-13(#2-t)

40+ Yard Catches-6(#1)
Just read Joey B is no.1 in the NFL for 30+ yard TD’s so far this year, I would assume a lot of those are to Chase but the others are probably closely correlated to the ‘Chase effect’.
How awesome is it to have that deep ball game back again. I realize there’s air yards and after the catch yards but the deep threat is legit.

edit: ‘ and tops the NFL in touchdowns of 30-plus yards (five), 40-plus yards (four), and 50-plus yards (three).’
(10-28-2021, 06:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is that really the name of a board? LOL

Yes! Haha. But honestly to our credit, we are the most active and best message board of all sports message boards I've ever been a part of. Just go look at the Clemson board (Tigernet.com) or Alabama board (TideFans.com) and you'll see how much better TD.com is. Those boards are pathetic.

No offense to you guys btw, y'all are great and I'm happy to be a poster here. 
(10-28-2021, 03:39 PM)Stewy Wrote: Lastly, by its very name, Tigerdroppings, does not sound like a place of civility, but a place that caters to the lowest common denominator.  hehe

I know it seems like that but it's actually full of action (most active board of any sports team I've been a member of) and has a lot of insight. You should check it out. Lots of posts about the Bengals.
(10-28-2021, 09:24 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I know it seems like that but it's actually full of action (most active board of any sports team I've been a member of) and has a lot of insight. You should check it out. Lots of posts about the Bengals.

Can you link to it? I am not putting that in my Google search history because then I'll get suggestions like "we've heard you're into animal feces, check out this article on the top 10 uses for lemur poo."

(10-28-2021, 07:49 PM)wanga Wrote: Just read Joey B is no.1 in the NFL for 30+ yard TD’s so far this year, I would assume a lot of those are to Chase but the others are probably closely correlated to the ‘Chase effect’.
How awesome is it to have that deep ball game back again. I realize there’s air yards and after the catch yards but the deep threat is legit.

edit:  ‘ and tops the NFL in touchdowns of 30-plus yards (five), 40-plus yards (four), and 50-plus yards (three).’

Chase and.......... CJ! Now who would have thought that.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Ja'Marr Chase has more receiving touchdowns (6) than every rookie receiver combined (5)...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(10-29-2021, 06:14 PM)Synric Wrote: Ja'Marr Chase has more receiving touchdowns (6) than every rookie receiver combined (5)...

He is also off the the 31st best 7 game start of any WR in NFL history. The players above him on the list were all veterans with names like Moss, Irvin, Harrison, Jones, and Hopkins.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
First team to keep Chase relatively quiet.
(10-31-2021, 08:49 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: First team to keep Chase relatively quiet.

Bears kinda did. He only had 2 rec for 54 yards and a TD against them. No coincidence that 2 of our 3 losses have come when Chase didn’t completely go off.

Idk how many targets he ended up with today, but it wasn’t enough.