Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread
(10-31-2021, 09:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bears kinda did. He only had 2 rec for 54 yards and a TD against them. No coincidence that 2 of our 3 losses have come when Chase didn’t completely go off.

Idk how many targets he ended up with today, but it wasn’t enough.

Had the most targets of anyone with 9.

Next was Boyd with 8 then Higgins with 6.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
The New Jersey Jets did an admirable job yesterday taking Ja’Marr Chase out of the game. Their defensive coordinator had his secondary well prepared.
(11-01-2021, 02:46 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Had the most targets of anyone with 9.

Next was Boyd with 8 then Higgins with 6.

.....and dropped a wide open TD pass in the first.

"Better send those refunds..."

(11-01-2021, 02:59 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: .....and dropped a wide open TD pass in the first.

Mims had a very similar one in the end zone where he let the ball get through to his chest.

At least Chase made up for it with a TD afterwards.

(11-01-2021, 03:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mims had a very similar one in the end zone where he let the ball get through to his chest.

Mims is no Chase. Or is he? What are you trying to say here? Insulting Chase it seems.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(11-01-2021, 03:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: Mims is no Chase. Or is he? What are you trying to say here? Insulting Chase it seems.

Facepalm

The Chase drop isn’t even on page one of the list of biggest reasons we lost that game. Especially since he ended up scoring a TD anyway (that’s 7 in 8 games now btw - and no I’m still not “regretting that pick” LOL )

The Jets overcame the plays they didn’t make. We didn’t. Simple as that.

(11-01-2021, 03:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Chase drop isn’t even on page one of the list of biggest reasons we lost that game. 

Really? Know of any other drives that ended in zero points that a receiver dropped a ball in the end zone?

Not a pass defensed, a pass dropped.
In the end zone.

What would six more points do to a 34-31 ballgame?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
(11-01-2021, 04:10 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: What would six more points do to a 34-31 ballgame?

Probably would have needed 41-38. Jets have over 2 minutes to score at the end and our defense wasn’t stopping them.
The Jets were so dominant on offense that they were able to overcome a dropped TD, and 3 turnovers.

I guess you could place a significant amount of blame on our WR for not hauling in 2 TD’s, or our offense for not scoring more than 31 points on the road, but it seems pretty weird to do so to me. The defense lost us that game. Period.

(11-01-2021, 05:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Jets were so dominant on offense that they were able to overcome a dropped TD, and 3 turnovers.

I guess you could place a significant amount of blame on our WR for not hauling in 2 TD’s, or our offense for not scoring more than 31 points on the road, but it seems pretty weird to do so to me. The defense lost us that game. Period.

I haven't looked but I wonde rif those that are placing MORE of the blame at the feet of the offense, if they're the ones that are Herbert fanboys.
[Image: giphy.gif]
But speaking of that specific play - - I will criticize my other guy on that one a little bit as well. I’ve defended Burrow against “favoring Chase too much” (which isn’t even true)

But Burrow should have just tossed that one to Mixon, who was literally all alone, and could have walked into the end zone.

(11-01-2021, 04:10 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Really? Know of any other drives that ended in zero points that a receiver dropped a ball in the end zone?

Not a pass defensed, a pass dropped.
In the end zone.

What would six more points do to a 34-31 ballgame?

The problem with this logic is that a few plays later the Bengals got another turnover and the ball at the Jets 15, which they punched in for a TD.  That doesn't happen without the goalline stand by the Jets.  Bad play by Chase, certainly, but likely didn't really affect the outcome. 
(11-01-2021, 03:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mims had a very similar one in the end zone where he let the ball get through to his chest.

At least Chase made up for it with a TD afterwards.

True dat. Mims has been underwhelming for sure. 

(11-02-2021, 11:38 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: True dat. Mims has been underwhelming for sure. 

Oh Mims blows. I was just pointing out the Jets overcame his dropped TD (and 3 turnovers). I should have made that more clear.

(11-02-2021, 11:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh Mims blows. I was just pointing out the Jets overcame his dropped TD (and 3 turnovers). I should have made that more clear.

Yes, I wasn't clear either.... that's what the "true dat" was referring too.  I knew what you meant. Our defense looked like a seive with a hole rusted in it out there.

Feels odd to not have anyone to vote for this week.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(11-01-2021, 03:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Facepalm

The Chase drop isn’t even on page one of the list of biggest reasons we lost that game. Especially since he ended up scoring a TD anyway (that’s 7 in 8 games now btw - and no I’m still not “regretting that pick” LOL )

The Jets overcame the plays they didn’t make. We didn’t. Simple as that.
They ended up with zero points on a drive that started ar the Jets 2 yard line... That drop was a huge reason they lost...
(11-01-2021, 09:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: The problem with this logic is that a few plays later the Bengals got another turnover and the ball at the Jets 15, which they punched in for a TD.  That doesn't happen without the goalline stand by the Jets.  Bad play by Chase, certainly, but likely didn't really affect the outcome. 

(11-04-2021, 07:27 AM)Tony Wrote: They ended up with zero points on a drive that started ar the Jets 2 yard line... That drop was a huge reason they lost...

Already been addressed ^

(11-04-2021, 07:27 AM)Tony Wrote: They ended up with zero points on a drive that started ar the Jets 2 yard line... That drop was a huge reason they lost...

Not really when they were up 11 with 7 minutes to go in the game.
Btw Najee Harris winning rookie of the month for October is some bullshit. Chase won rookie of the week 3 out of 4 times.

Harris - 480 total yards 4 total TD’s

Chase - 498 total yards 3 TD’s