Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread
(11-03-2021, 09:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: Feels odd to not have anyone to vote for this week.

Truth, sucks he only got 1 TD and minimal yards. Pretty sweet though that his worst game still produced in the red zone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
NFL Shop finally got in some stitched Chase jerseys if anyone has been waiting on one. It’s just the orange atm (I’m holding off for a white), but this is the first time I’ve seen any Chase Limited jerseys available online.

https://www.nflshop.com/cincinnati-bengals/mens-cincinnati-bengals-jamarr-chase-nike-orange-alternate-vapor-limited-jersey/t-47263593+p-8247934432673+z-9-3615087666

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-midseason-all-pro-team-2021

2nd team all pro mid season per pff
(11-06-2021, 03:48 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-midseason-all-pro-team-2021

Nice! And honestly he’s right there with Adams and Kupp. Not bad for a 21 year old rookie.

Seeing Creed Humphrey 1st team All Pro kind of hurts though. We could have had him in the 2nd even after trading back…

Feels like Stafford kinda got snubbed, too. He should have been 2nd team over Carr.

(11-06-2021, 03:48 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-midseason-all-pro-team-2021

I'd have gone Kupp and Chase for first team!
(11-06-2021, 05:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nice! And honestly he’s right there with Adams and Kupp. Not bad for a 21 year old rookie.

Seeing Creed Humphrey 1st team All Pro kind of hurts though. We could have had him in the 2nd even after trading back…

Feels like Stafford kinda got snubbed, too. He should have been 2nd team over Carr.

Agree about Creed, was thinking the same thing

I agree , Carr too high 
Losing ground fast to Najee Harris especially if the Steelers keep winning and the Bengals head in the opposite direction.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(11-07-2021, 11:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Losing ground fast to Najee Harris especially if the Steelers keep winning and the Bengals head in the opposite direction.

It's usually easier to take a WR out of a game scheme-wise than stopping a tough runner on a team that is clicking.

A little underwhelmed the last two weeks with Chase. I'm not expecting 8 catches for 200 yards every week but he looked kind of unmotivated.

The early deep ball knocked away by the rookie DB bugged me a bit. It was slightly under thrown, but you have to come back and jump up for that ball. Don't give the DB an angle to knock it away. The Steve Smith comparisons just took a big hit in my eyes.

I also felt that the other missed deep ball that was slightly overthrown that went off his fingers was very catchable if he just gives a slight dive at the end. He's athletic enough to pull that off.

And, while I understand that they need to mix it up to camouflage a weak line, stop trying to run with Chase. He draws too much attention pre-snap to fool anyone. Maybe a fake reverse with him throwing to someone because he draws so much attention, but, other than that, please stop.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Last 2 games for Chase:

22 targets - 9 catches - 81 yards - 1 TD

Burrow has a 47.7 rating while targeting him. Clearly we made a mistake. Mellow

In all seriousness though, I am mildly concerned that his worst 2 games just came back to back. I didn't get to watch this last game. Are they giving Chase more attention (safety help)? Are CBs playing him any differently?

If so, we need Tee and Tyler to step up and make them pay.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(11-10-2021, 12:58 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Last 2 games for Chase:

22 targets - 9 catches - 81 yards - 1 TD

Burrow has a 47.7 rating while targeting him. Clearly we made a mistake. Mellow

In all seriousness though, I am mildly concerned that his worst 2 games just came back to back. I didn't get to watch this last game. Are they giving Chase more attention (safety help)? Are CBs playing him any differently?

If so, we need Tee and Tyler to step up and make them pay.

Two deep drops (balls he will catch most times) made the difference between bad and good. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(11-10-2021, 01:06 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Two deep drops (balls he will catch most times) made the difference between bad and good. 

Yep. I’d be more concerned if he wasn’t getting open at all. But he should have had an easy 2nd TD against the Jets, and against the Browns he beat a very good young 1st round CB in Newsome on the one deep ball.

(11-10-2021, 01:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. I’d be more concerned if he wasn’t getting open at all. But he should have had an easy 2nd TD against the Jets, and against the Browns he beat a very good young 1st round CB in Newsome on the one deep ball.

Obviously I hated his fumble the other day... But I love how he secluded himself on the bench and stewed about it. I noticed he was in the WR coach's pocket after the preseason drops. Was it the Detroit game where he hustled off the turf after an interception to run the dude down? I just like they way he responds to negative outcomes.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Chase is the truth !

Yet Burrow needs to stop forcing it to Chase so often.

Although I do get the allure to do so. Just think he will be more open with less jumping routes if Joe spreads it around a little more to keep D guessing

Believe the bye week film sessions will show this and Burrow will correct this minor problem though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Mac Jones leap frogging our guy for ROY odds: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/mac-jones-joins-jamarr-chase-rookie-of-year-race

I'd not be shocked to see a QB win the award over a WR.
(11-17-2021, 03:43 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Mac Jones leap frogging our guy for ROY odds: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/mac-jones-joins-jamarr-chase-rookie-of-year-race

I'd not be shocked to see a QB win the award over a WR.

If Chase wants the award, he's going to have to play like the first 7 weeks.

He can't have many more like the last 2 games.

They will always look to give the MVP and ROY to a QB.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(11-17-2021, 03:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If Chase wants the award, he's going to have to play like the first 7 weeks.

He can't have many more like the last 2 games.

They will always look to give the MVP and ROY to a QB.

Especially when that QB takes a team that missed the playoffs to the playoffs the following season.

WR just doesn't carry the juice in the award the way a QB does. 

If Mac Jones stays the course and the Pats make the playoffs (especially if they knock off the Bills and take the division) the award is served up to Jones on a platter. 

Chase not only needs to have no more dropsy games and get back to the early season stuff, but he'll need to see the Bengals win too so he stays in national headlines not just local.

The odds are in favor of Mac Jones and Harris off history.

Last 10 winners:

QB
QB
RB
RB/RB shared between Kamara and Hunt
RB
RB
WR
WR
QB
QB

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

(11-17-2021, 04:55 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Especially when that QB takes a team that missed the playoffs to the playoffs the following season.

WR just doesn't carry the juice in the award the way a QB does. 

If Mac Jones stays the course and the Pats make the playoffs (especially if they knock off the Bills and take the division) the award is served up to Jones on a platter. 

Chase not only needs to have no more dropsy games and get back to the early season stuff, but he'll need to see the Bengals win too so he stays in national headlines not just local.

The odds are in favor of Mac Jones and Harris off history.

Last 10 winners:

QB
QB
RB
RB/RB shared between Kamara and Hunt
RB
RB
WR
WR
QB
QB

Fwiw, BetMGM still has Chase as the (very slight) favorite.

Chase +110
Mac Jones +120
Najee Harris +1200

It's pretty much a 2 horse race at this point, but everything we've said about QBs is true. Chase will need to dominate + win, if Mac keeps winning.

Btw, I love how the Brady vs Bill debate will be re-opened after this.
(11-17-2021, 11:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fwiw, BetMGM still has Chase as the (very slight) favorite.

Chase +110
Mac Jones +120
Najee Harris +1200

It's pretty much a 2 horse race at this point, but everything we've said about QBs is true. Chase will need to dominate + win, if Mac keeps winning.

[Image: good-good-evil.gif]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

(11-17-2021, 11:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fwiw, BetMGM still has Chase as the (very slight) favorite.

Chase +110
Mac Jones +120
Najee Harris +1200

If both teams keep winning and they give the award to Jones, then it will only confirm position bias because Chase is a top 5 NFL wide receiver right now and Mac Jones is rated like 18th. The one and only stat he's top 10 in is comp%. 

Chase is 5th in yards, 3rd in YPC and (T)4th in TDs. 

The race shouldn't even be close, yet i know the argument is that the QB position is much, much harder than the WR position to come into and make an immediate impact--to a top 10 degree. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Chase will have to continue to detonate the league with eye-popping plays if he is to win it. QBs that make the playoffs as rookies with reasonable statistical production have a huge edge unless their name is Andy Dalton.