Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread
Those preseason drops are starting to look like they meant something.
(12-05-2021, 07:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: First 7 games:
35-754-6 (51 targets)
1831 yard and 14 TD pace
14.78 yards per target
5-2 record

Last 5 games:
20-204-2 (39 targets)
694 yard and 7 TD pace
5.23 yards per target
2-3 record

If I was Burrow i would start to get Boyd involved earlier in the game.. Higgins now has taken over #1 WR.. i just think Boyd give us more options early.. will open the game up for Chase who is starting to struggle
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-05-2021, 08:13 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If I was Burrow i would start to get Boyd involved earlier in the game.. Higgins now has taken over #1 WR.. i just think Boyd give us more options early.. will open the game up for Chase who is starting to struggle

Boyd was starting to feel like the forgotten man in this offense. Over the previous 7 weeks, he had only 35 targets for 23-212-1.

He had 85 yards today on 5 catches. He can make plays if we get him going earlier.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(12-05-2021, 07:42 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Those preseason drops are starting to look like they meant something.

Crazy that the one drop for a TD that turned into an interception not only changed the course of the game but also was a difference in about 30(?) yards or so on Chase’s stat sheet. 

He had another drop too. Sad.
(12-05-2021, 07:42 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Those preseason drops are starting to look like they meant something.
I'm starting to question his mental strength... Looks like when things go bad for him, it really gets to him..
(12-05-2021, 09:50 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Crazy that the one drop for a TD that turned into an interception not only changed the course of the game but also was a difference in about 30(?) yards or so on Chase’s stat sheet. 

He had another drop too. Sad.

That was going for 70 yards. He's gone of he catches that..
I still have no idea how he ****** this up. :facepalm:

[Image: FF5CEnzXMAQtaxc?format=jpg&name=small]

He definitely owes us a couple big games down the stretch.

(12-05-2021, 11:57 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm starting to question his mental strength... Looks like when things go bad for him, it really gets to him..

I will say that Tomlin's comments that had some feathers ruffled around here last week are starting to look a little more true.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Speaking of Tomlin, Diontae Johnson had a HUGE problem with drops last year, but he’s had some of the best hands in the league this season (did have one last night though). We just have to hope Chase can do the same.

Chase is currently tied for 4th most drops in the NFL with 7.
Deebo Samuel - 10
Travis Kelce - 9
Cooper Kupp - 8
Chase and DJ Moore - 7

While Chase has been one of the main reasons this team has won some games, he's also been a contributing factor in some losses too.

By no means am I saying he's bad - he's very good - but we'll have to take the bad with the good.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(12-06-2021, 01:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I still have no idea how he ****** this up. Facepalm

[Image: FF5CEnzXMAQtaxc?format=jpg&name=small]

He definitely owes us a couple big games down the stretch.

You cant place it any better .. Higgins is the better WR at this point.. 
Chase is still having a good rookie season, but I think we're all disappointed his fast start has faded.
(12-06-2021, 12:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: By no means am I saying he's bad - he's very good - but we'll have to take the bad with the good.

It's interesting. There are people in the GameDay threads that are starting to bring up the "bust" label towards Burrow when he makes mistakes and the amount of INTs thrown this year. Yet, none of them say the same when it comes to Chase. As I said, interesting. Hmm
[Image: giphy.gif]
(12-06-2021, 01:02 PM)Tony Wrote: You cant place it any better .. Higgins is the better WR at this point.. 

He really has been. Over the last 5 games:

Chase: 39 targets for 20-204-2 (5.23 yards per target)
Higgins: 39 targets for 27-442-2 (11.33 yards per target)
Boyd: 27 targets for 19-227-1 (8.40 yards per target)

I remember a lot of talk about Higgins being incapable of making big plays due to lack of speed, but here he is averaging 16.4 yards per catch over this stretch.

I forget who it was, but there was a poster who said Higgins had a low YPC early in the season because Chase was getting all the long targets. That's looking like he was on to something, as Higgins went from 10.2 yards/catch while Chase was balling out, to 16.4 yards/catch during Chase's slide.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(12-06-2021, 05:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's interesting. There are people in the GameDay threads that are starting to bring up the "bust" label towards Burrow when he makes mistakes and the amount of INTs thrown this year. Yet, none of them say the same when it comes to Chase. As I said, interesting. Hmm

Some may, but I've never mentioned a bust label for Burrow.
I think you have plenty of players who are good in some areas but bad in others.
At the end of the day, you can be good and still drop passes.
He does already have almost 1000 yards after only 12 games after all.
That's pretty good.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(12-06-2021, 06:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Some may, but I've never mentioned a bust label for Burrow.
I think you have plenty of players who are good in some areas but bad in others.
At the end of the day, you can be good and still drop passes.
He does already have almost 1000 yards after only 12 games after all.
That's pretty good.

If anyone uses the bust label for Burrow, they should go ahead and finish that lobotomy procedure. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(12-06-2021, 06:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If anyone uses the bust label for Burrow, they should go ahead and finish that lobotomy procedure. 

What you talking about Willis?

Clearly Burrow is following in the footsteps of fellow LSU alum JaMarcus Russell. Mellow
(12-06-2021, 06:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What you talking about Willis?

Clearly Burrow is following in the footsteps of fellow LSU alum JaMarcus Russell. Mellow

Dammit...i never looked at it from that angle.   Cry

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
I don't know about Burrow being a bust but after that game by Ja'marr and with the six sacks, Team Chase should shut the hell up this week.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
(12-06-2021, 12:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Chase is currently tied for 4th most drops in the NFL with 7.
Deebo Samuel - 10
Travis Kelce - 9
Cooper Kupp - 8
Chase and DJ Moore - 7

While Chase has been one of the main reasons this team has won some games, he's also been a contributing factor in some losses too.

By no means am I saying he's bad - he's very good - but we'll have to take the bad with the good.

Quick observation of that list... All those guys are really good to great players.... That get targeted a ton.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021