Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread
50 pages on Chase.. if only he had caught the ball in preseason and during practice more often; There would be a consensus of the right choice in the right direction.
(09-07-2021, 05:48 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: 50 pages on Chase.. if only he had caught the ball in preseason and during practice more often; There would be a consensus of the right choice in the right direction.

Maybe.  A lot will also depend on how well the line plays.
(09-07-2021, 05:48 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: 50 pages on Chase.. if only he had caught the ball in preseason and during practice more often; There would be a consensus of the right choice in the right direction.

Not with the reports on Sewell struggling mightily
(09-07-2021, 05:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think he's saying the ball just kinda blends in with the background and he used the white stripes of the college ball to spot it. Now he has to use the laces, which are obviously much smaller and not on both sides of the ball.

Essentially, it looks like we drafted Mr. Magoo to play WR. We are doomed if we don't get this guy some strong contacts.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Xq-pjfnOaOemcWvdf2r7oAHaD9&pid...=319&h=172]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
(09-07-2021, 06:43 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Not with the reports on Sewell struggling mightily

Yeah, a quick search of Sewell & struggling gives a ton of articles on it.... I still remember when  the Lions took Ragnarok from us and we took the next slot Price. Rant
(09-07-2021, 06:43 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Not with the reports on Sewell struggling mightily

Pollack could have coached him up.  Sadly, ZT's idea of helping a struggling rookie is to give him the night off.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-07-2021, 10:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Pollack could have coached him up.  Sadly, ZT's idea of helping a struggling rookie is to give him the night off.

Both Sewell and Chase are going to pan out and be fine.  Chase will be excellent 
Well, for what it's worth, about Sewel... one former scout says he's a bust and should have never gone in the first round, 4th or 5th at best and now Detroit is hung with yet another bust at the tackle position.. Sound familiar? 
https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/09/penei-sewell-bust/

Man..that has to be disheartening to be considered a bust before the season even begins..That's not something you could shake off real easy like being called goofy or something....Yeah..I know. I'm goofy..get over it..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(09-07-2021, 10:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Pollack could have coached him up.  Sadly, ZT's idea of helping a struggling rookie is to give him the night off.

Hey, you don’t know what happens behind closed doors. Maybe ZT skipped bed time stories that night.
(09-08-2021, 10:44 AM)grampahol Wrote: Well, for what it's worth, about Sewel... one former scout says he's a bust and should have never gone in the first round, 4th or 5th at best and now Detroit is hung with yet another bust at the tackle position.. Sound familiar? 

Man..that has to be disheartening to be considered a bust before the season even begins..That's not something you could shake off real easy like being called goofy or something....Yeah..I know. I'm goofy..get over it..

This is just silly. He’s saying that Sewell could up 1-3 sacks per GAME? It simply won’t happen and this is more sensational journalism than anything. Sewell is going to take his lumps, but he isn’t going to be that bad.
(09-08-2021, 11:05 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Hey, you don’t know what happens behind closed doors. Maybe ZT skipped bed time stories that night.

No way man.

However he did not do the voices for Pooh, Piglet, and Eeyore.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
(09-07-2021, 05:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think he's saying the ball just kinda blends in with the background and he used the white stripes of the college ball to spot it. Now he has to use the laces, which are obviously much smaller and not on both sides of the ball.

Essentially, it looks like we drafted Mr. Magoo to play WR. We are doomed if we don't get this guy some strong contacts.

Yeesh. If you're right, I dunno how to correct that. Pretty sure the league isn't going to let us paint the balls orange or something.
(09-08-2021, 10:44 AM)grampahol Wrote: Well, for what it's worth, about Sewel... one former scout says he's a bust and should have never gone in the first round, 4th or 5th at best and now Detroit is hung with yet another bust at the tackle position.. Sound familiar? 

Dude is crazy butt hurt.

He points out multiple times how everyone but him liked Sewell, then knocks Sewell for being 70-something percent effective in passing and 50-something percent effective on running

Which is *$#@ing dumb on multiple levels.

But... sewell is still more effective than chase, who by the same whatever scale is effective 20 percent of the time

I haven't really paid attention to Sewell. He's a lion so I don't really care. The lineman versus Chase debate is over. We went chase and ****ed up considering late round guys are having way more promise at this point, and the area of biggest need (ol) that we did take is playing about as well as Chase.

Sometimes you just don't nail the draft. This year was one of those. Move on and hope the roster plays up.
(09-08-2021, 11:15 PM)Benton Wrote: Dude is crazy butt hurt.

He points out multiple times how everyone but him liked Sewell, then knocks Sewell for being 70-something percent effective in passing and 50-something percent effective on running

But... sewell is still more effective than chase, who by the same whatever scale is effective 20 percent of the time

I haven't really paid attention to Sewell. He's a lion so I don't really care. The lineman versus Chase debate is over. We went chase and ****ed up considering late round guys are having way more promise at this point, and the area of biggest need (ol) that we did take is playing about as well as Chase.

Sometimes you just don't nail the draft. This year was one of those. Move on and hope the roster plays up.

How in the world can you say something so preposterous before anyone in this draft has played 1 regular season game...go sit down 
(09-08-2021, 11:40 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: How in the world can you say something so preposterous before anyone in this draft has played 1 regular season game...go sit down 

And he says the other guys claims were @$#*ing dumb on multiple levels...?

That article is a great example of why he is a former scout and not currently employed. 

He was a scout for the Jets, under Parcells. A team that gave up multiple early round picks to a division rival for a head coach and a team so poorly run that after Parcells retired the hoodie was appointed head coach and handed in his resignation on loose leaf paper on the way to the podium to be announced. Yes, that really happened. So, going to go ahead and say this scout isn't super great at scouting.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound declaring that before any of them have even played a single meaningful game?

Talk about being “butthurt”

When Chase goes off Sunday can we finally bury this *****?

This is ridiculous on so many levels.. Dudes played like 3 drives if meaningless football and you want him written off? 
(09-09-2021, 12:06 AM)Tony Wrote: When Chase goes off Sunday can we finally bury this *****?

Sure, but what if he doesn't? Can we continue.. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]