Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread
(10-26-2021, 06:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Looks like we won the lottery....even if some of us didn't even buy the ticket.

Two years in a row
I wanted Sewell but was wrong.

Chase is amazing. Maybe better than AJ. That says a lot.

I still wish they had signed a center.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Well Chase is a Bengal so he’s the guy. Everyone is free to look at what Herbert and Pitts are doing, but I don’t care. They play for other teams
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-26-2021, 10:10 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Two years in a row

Now trade up for Stingley and continue the LSU dominance… Ninja

(10-26-2021, 09:22 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So is Diggs.

I’m actually not sure on that one. I say Adams is because he’s a better route runner, maybe one of the best in the last 20 years. I’m not sure there is anything Diggs can do Chase can’t but I think there are some things Chase can do Diggs can’t.
(10-26-2021, 11:43 AM)PhilHos Wrote: AS I said in my last post in this thread, we are not at 5-2 if not for Chase. I give credit mainly to the defense for our success, but even so, if not for Chase, I don't think we win the close games early in the season and certainly don't beat Baltimore IN Baltimore.

Yeah, Chase is the catalyst for the offensive explosion. Without Chase, the offense continues to struggle. Cinci wouldn’t be at the top without him.
(10-26-2021, 06:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Please no on TE’s plural. I don’t want to waste a single target on Drew Sample. Tongue

But I don’t disagree with the rest. I would just like to see Chase get at least a few more targets every game. He should never only be seeing 4-5 a week. Hell, our worst loss (Chicago) Burrow only targeted him a season low 4 times.

I know you were only teasing and although they aren't in the same stratosphere in terms of talent, giving up on Sample as a receiver is like not wanting to target Chase after the preseason.  He had a rough start, but let's not forget that he stepped up well last year when Uzo went down in what is not his traditional role.  I wouldn't mind seeing Wilcox get some targets, but especially Uzo, Mixon, and Evans.

You are right about targeting Chase, though, but not in games when we are way up.  Save him, let others eat.  Need him healthy.  Need others to be good options, too.  

If teams ever find a way to stop him, or just be ridiculous and have like three guys on him, the others will need to make the plays. I think Tee is close and Boyd just needs to get involved early.  
(10-26-2021, 06:34 PM)jason Wrote: Ja'Marr Chase is an MVP frontrunner at this point. I'd say we made the right pick.

Unfortunately, he isn't an MVP frontrunner, but he sure is a layup for OROTY.  

I think Burrow should be league MVP.  If Kyler or Dak fall off at all, it is a real possibility.  I can't imagine a WR or even a defensive player getting it now.  
At least my "regret" thread came before Chase blew the league up.

I figured the question was answered by now. Guess not.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
You guys think this Bengals team is close to being as good as the 2005 or 2013 team?
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1453076311925215240

(10-26-2021, 07:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We made the right decision even if I wanted Pitts at the time. Chase scores TD's and lots of them.

Agree…and, no one is mentioning Chase’s blocking, which has been great, when he’s not targeted.  Wasn’t expecting his blocking prowess.
(10-26-2021, 05:58 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Looking at the three (with Pitts being the lesser option but I was a fan) positions we were looking at in the draft I think we did well.  

Sewell I think has turned out to be #3 on this list, but shows a lot of promise with Detroit.

Pitts is putting up great numbers with Atlanta (best pace in NFL history)

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/kyle-pitts-on-pace-for-best-rookie-tight-end-season-in-nfl-history

Then of course there is Chase that is doing the same as a WR.  

That a pretty impressive trio.  

The top 3 QBs are a "Jury is still out" IMHO.

What does everyone think?  Did we get the right guy or would you rather have Pitts (I know he went 4th) or Sewell?

Jackson Carman > Sewell
I liked Pitts, glad Chase worked, Carman is producing and Uzo stepping up is making this finally one of the best drafts, and acquisitions in ages.
(10-27-2021, 09:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Unfortunately, he isn't an MVP frontrunner, but he sure is a layup for OROTY.  

I think Burrow should be league MVP.  If Kyler or Dak fall off at all, it is a real possibility.  I can't imagine a WR or even a defensive player getting it now.  

Only because they always give it to a QB... Chase and Derek Henry are the real MVPs at this point though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(10-26-2021, 11:43 AM)PhilHos Wrote: AS I said in my last post in this thread, we are not at 5-2 if not for Chase. I give credit mainly to the defense for our success, but even so, if not for Chase, I don't think we win the close games early in the season and certainly don't beat Baltimore IN Baltimore.

the amount of broken plays he causes is insane....  Surprised hes not doubled every play...  But a lot of our big plays have been him basically.
(10-27-2021, 11:39 AM)jason Wrote: Only because they always give it to a QB... Chase and Derek Henry are the real MVPs at this point though.

They should definitely be in the conversation. Kyler Murray is probably the front runner atm though. And I think that’s probably correct. He’s been fantastic.

(10-27-2021, 01:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They should definitely be in the conversation. Kyler Murray is probably the front runner atm though. And I think that’s probably correct. He’s been fantastic.

Yeah... Murray is killin it, and they're undefeated at this point. He's on my fantasy team, so I wish he hadn't have quit running so much this year. To me Henry and Chase are just unbelievable though. Ja'Marr doesn't even look like he's trying, and he does crazy shit every week. I was watching the Monday night game at a bar with friends the other night, and I remarked how hard it looks to play QB without Ja'Marr Chase on your team.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(10-27-2021, 09:39 AM)packerbacker Wrote: You guys think this Bengals team is close to being as good as the 2005 or 2013 team?

Better than both cause we are just growing and we are young. The 2005 team had a better OL at the time but other than that 
this team is better especially cause of the Defense which is looking about as good as that 2013 team was. 2015 team is what this
Bengals team reminds me of with a younger more talented QB. We were good that year in all 3 phases. 

I hope we can start breaking some big returns on ST's and add more to this phase.

Hope we meet in the Superbowl this year Packerbacker. That would be fantastic. Cool

(10-27-2021, 10:43 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: Agree…and, no one is mentioning Chase’s blocking, which has been great, when he’s not targeted.  Wasn’t expecting his blocking prowess.

No doubt. I knew he was tough but his blocking has been elite for a WR, let alone a rookie WR. He just doesn't look like a 
rookie out there and all the DB's he faces know it.
Ben Baby
@Ben_Baby

Bengals OL Quinton Spain admitted even he’s a spectator when WR Ja’Marr Chase gets the ball. Spain: “I’m supposed to be blocking, but it’s just a sight to see.”