Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
The Mahomes Vs. Burrow Debate
They had the AFC Championship on this afternoon. Geez punt with 39 seconds left and they get an uncharacteristic 27 yard return. Then a few plays later the Ossai penalty. Really fortunate KC was. But I’d remiss if some on here don’t act like KC thumped us and have won 1000 SB’s. Their front office is the best ( give me a break) Andy Reid’s the best and so forth and so forth. Zac and Joe are 3-1 against them boys. We almost beat them with 3 backup OL guys. How’d they done w/o 3 OL starters?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
This thread aged so badly lol

Ps. Anyone recall what Mahomes did w his minor / pesky leg injury the tail end of last year?

Need a hint? Think …. tons of confetti
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 09:15 PM)Whacked Wrote: This thread aged so badly lol

Ps. Anyone recall what Mahomes did w his minor / pesky leg injury the tail end of last year?

Need a hint? Think …. tons of confetti

I don’t think many put Burrow ahead of him, but they aren’t exactly killing it over there. 17 points today.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 09:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t think many put Burrow ahead of him, but they aren’t exactly killing it over there. 17 points today.

Agree but they put him in the same league.

No way.

Tier I: Mahomes

Tier II: Reserved for space between Mahomes and the others

Tier III: Decent QB’s
-JB
-Lawrence
-Prescott
-Tua
-Lamar
-Allen
-Herbert
Etc

Tier IV: mediocre QB

Tier IV: garbage QB’s
-Zach Wilson lol
Reply/Quote
I think Joe is a great QB but it’s very clear he’s not on the level of Mahomes. And that’s okay because realistically no one is. Even the games where we beat the Chiefs it was more a function of our defense than anything Joe did.

But I’m very happy with the second best QB in the league. It’s better than what we’ve had for generations.
Reply/Quote
Burrow is bottom tier unless and until he hoists a Lombardi for us. Anything less and he is a failure.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 09:42 PM)twisted Wrote: I think Joe is a great QB

Great - No.

Good - yes.

Just like these QB’s:
-Lawrence
-Prescott
-Tua
-Lamar
-Allen
-Herbert
-Hurts
-Cousins

His WR duo may be the best in football. The others above can’t lean on that luxury.

****In his defense - our play calling is garbage.

JB may lock up Tier #2 being coached by someone like Harbaugh.

Our WR’s would set records weekly too.

We must use grade school level playbook/play-calling.

The lack of creative scheming is awful

——-

LOL @ Joe
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 09:53 PM)Whacked Wrote: Great - No.

Good - yes.

Just like these QB’s:
-Lawrence
-Prescott
-Tua
-Lamar
-Allen
-Herbert
-Hurts
-Cousins

His WR duo may be the best in football. The others above can’t lean on that luxury.

——-

LOL @ Joe

I know....I just thought setting a very simple standard would make this never-ending debate more fun...
Reply/Quote
Anybody who put them in the same tier was wrong to begin with. He does it year after year with no name receivers.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:05 PM)ochocincoftw Wrote: Anybody who put them in the same tier was wrong to begin with. He does it year after year with no name receivers.

And he has never played in a road playoff game. Helps to be in a pathetically weak division. 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:07 PM)Joelist Wrote: And he has never played in a road playoff game. Helps to be in a pathetically weak division. 

Eh or he just wills his team to win even when he’s hurt to benefit and get the #1 seed. Way more injured than burrow and only played better.
Burrow very talented
Mahomes is generational.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, this debate is over.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 09:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: I know....I just thought setting a very simple standard would make this never-ending debate more fun...

lol  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:07 PM)Joelist Wrote: And he has never played in a road playoff game. Helps to be in a pathetically weak division. 

Eh or he just wills his team to win even when he’s hurt to benefit and get the #1 seed. Way more injured than burrow and only played better.
Burrow very talented
Mahomes is generational.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 09:53 PM)Whacked Wrote: Great - No.

Good - yes.

Just like these QB’s:
-Lawrence
-Prescott
-Tua
-Lamar
-Allen
-Herbert
-Hurts
-Cousins

——-

LOL @ Joe

Burrow is better than some of them. But, there was a notion that we'd be competing for and winning multiple SBs. And we may win a couple SBs.

But, yes there are other elite and very good QBs out there. And coaching and roster construction make a huge difference.

Mahomes is elite. But, Reid is an elite coach. And the Chiefs have a great front office.

Put Burrow on the Chiefs and I think he wins SBs.
Reply/Quote
i agree. and that's what is most frustrating for all of us. mahomes doesn't seem to need more than just kelce. burrow has an elite wr corp he'll lose at the end of the season. went out and signed OL over the past couple years. it's just plain underachieving and it rests at the coach's feet. it's cincinnati's biggest problem since mike brown hasn't been able to replace sam wyche. it's really that simple.
Reply/Quote
Jesus you guys just hate any QB we put on the field. Burrow didn't play all that bad yesterday. He had one bone headed play throwing the INT but the rest of the game he played well. The first drive was ruined by the refs and that's why we started slow. There's is so many more problems than Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Mahomes is elite. But, Reid is an elite coach. And the Chiefs have a great front office.

I agree on these points …with a disclaimer that Mahomes is still better. lol
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Burrow is better than some of them. But, there was a notion that we'd be competing for and winning multiple SBs. And we may win a couple SBs.

But, yes there are other elite and very good QBs out there. And coaching and roster construction make a huge difference.

Mahomes is elite. But, Reid is an elite coach. And the Chiefs have a great front office.

Put Mahomes on the 2022 team.

Do you think we win the SB?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 09:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Put Mahomes on the 2022 team.

Do you think we win the SB?

No. We’ve seen what he did in a Super Bowl with backups playing on his OL.

[Image: EtrEm7tXcAE-udW.jpg:large]

[Image: 1300921859.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]

Reply/Quote