Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The NFL is investigating why the Bengals did not list Joe Burrow on the injury report
The NFL is investigating why the Bengals did not list QB Joe Burrow on their injury report when the team posted a picture of him wearing a device on his wrist Wednesday night and he appeared to be hampered by the injury early in the Thursday night game that he later left, the league confirmed today. 

The initial picture of Burrow wearing a device that looked like a soft cast on his thumb was posted by the Bengals, only to be deleted later.

The NFL routinely looks into matters of compliance with the Injury Report policy, and will do so in this instance as well. Teams can be fined or even potentially lose a draft pick.

https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1725515296457298385?s=46&t=pkni6GRbeTj3sw_si0D37w
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Knowing the NFL they will come down HARD on us. They hate us.

Is it really true you don't have to disclose an injury if the player practiced full all week? I saw that on twitter last night.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
It'll be fitting and we know what hurts MB and Tobin....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Yikes!
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow was obviously at least mostly healthy prior to his touchdown pass to Joe Mixon. The NFL can pound sand.
Reply/Quote
Yeah i originally assumed it was nothing because it wasn't reported by the team. I don't really think he showed signs of being hampered before he left. But I see no way that was a coincidence. I also see no way we face punishment to the extent of a lost draft pick.
Reply/Quote
It always seems like the Bengals routinely over-report not under-report. They aren't going to lose a draft pick so I'm not worried about that

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I bet They’ve got film of Joe practicing with no brace and 100% participation. He played solid first half. I bet the brace was for carpel tunnel and this is a bonafide wrist injury. We’ll be fine
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Well that's it.. The Brown family will be forced to sell to a vulture capitalist firm and Las Vegas will kick the Raiders to the curb.. Good knowing you Mikey..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I have about 5 of those braces for the arthritis that occasionally pops up in my thumbs.. The only reason I have 5 is because I always forget where I left the other 4..  I don't think occasional arthritis qualifies as an injury and there is no age limit to occasional arthritis..I've had it since I was a kid..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Yall aren't lowering panic claiming this was for arthritis and/or carpel tunnel at age 27 on his throwing hand / wrist.....

if so your talking career in jeopardy soon, not season....

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 11:43 AM)grampahol Wrote: I have about 5 of those braces for the arthritis that occasionally pops up in my thumbs.. The only reason I have 5 is because I always forget where I left the other 4..  I don't think occasional arthritis qualifies as an injury and there is no age limit to occasional arthritis..I've had it since I was a kid..

As much as they use those iPads & phones. The brace he had on would not qualify for what he suffered I don’t think. The Bengals may not even know about it. But there’s film of all practices and warmups. No brace would certainly rule out any deceiving.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I suppose it makes sense since he had the brace on prior to the game and then exited with the injury.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 11:47 AM)jj22 Wrote: Yall aren't lowering panic claiming this was for arthritis and/or  carpel tunnel at age 27 on his throwing hand / wrist.....

if so your talking career in jeopardy soon, not season....

Carpel tunnel can occur at any age, as can arthritis, but is hardly career ending.

Many people use those types of splints when computing to PREVENT carpel tunnel and wrist strain.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 11:54 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I suppose it makes sense since he had the brace on prior to the game and then exited with the injury.

Was it even a BRACE, though?  That black thing he was wearing when he arrived in Baltimore is an I-pad glove.
Reply/Quote
Am I nuts but have there been multiple times all year where Burrow has kind of shaken his wrist in pain after certain plays? Like maybe im crazy but I vageuly remember seeing it at least every other game starting with Cleveland...I wouldnt be shocked if this has been a lingering thing.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 11:59 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Was it even a BRACE, though?  That black thing he was wearing when he arrived in Baltimore is an I-pad glove.

True, but they are smart enough to disguise it by always holding an iPad at the same time as waring that glove! Lol. I don't believe Zac on anything anymore though so that's probably why I think like this about what's going on.

That famous YT doctor did his post within an hour of th einjury and said it doesn't look like it's adding up, that wrist wrap (for the Ipad) and his injury, and them saying it's a wrist injury - he thinks it's the ulnar nerve (the nerve that goes from your elbow downward). We will see.

We need to start developing our backups. Yeah it would feel weird to win a superbowl without burrow ala nick foles, but it'd still be a superbowl win, but then we can laugh and look at how the rest of the team is structured to seemingly not win much without him.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 11:57 AM)pally Wrote: Carpel tunnel can occur at any age, as can arthritis, but is hardly career ending.

Many people use those types of splints when computing to PREVENT carpel tunnel and wrist strain.

I'd have to find a QB who played a career with arthritis  / carpel tunnel in his throwing wrist to know for sure. I know it can occur at any age, but it is debilitating for people with lessor jobs than qb....  

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 11:59 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Was it even a BRACE, though?  That black thing he was wearing when he arrived in Baltimore is an I-pad glove.

I didn't realize this. I thought they mentioned a brace on the broadcast.
Reply/Quote
We will lose a draft pick.
Reply/Quote