Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The NFL is rigged
(01-01-2024, 12:34 AM)El guapo Wrote: What was the deal with the holding call on Hendrickson/Hubbard?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Great play by Hubbard lol. He was engaged with the RT and the RB tried to sneak out by him so Hubbard gave him a slight hook... got called but still a good play. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 12:17 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: After Super Bowl XL, I've held no delusions that the league is not at the very least "influenced."

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

This. How many chances did they give the Rams at the very end of the game to get that TD?

I've been sus since then. It was SO blatant. Too blatant.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 12:40 AM)Synric Wrote: Great play by Hubbard lol. He was engaged with the RT and the RB tried to sneak out by him so Hubbard gave him a slight hook... got called but still a good play. 
So that was legit holding? I thought that was sus but not totally sure.

Reply/Quote
NFL = WWE it is scripted entertainment they gotta push their golden boys like mahomes and lamar
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 02:33 AM)Trademark Wrote: NFL = WWE it is scripted entertainment they gotta push their golden boys like mahomes and lamar
Can burrow get some of that golden boy treatment?

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:37 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I’d say it’s not rigged per se, but certain teams tend to get calls to go
Their way

Games are , without a doubt, influenced.  Not scripted, as per Arian Foster, but absolutely influenced , particularly by non-calls on penalties.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Officials have a lot of leeway to affect the flow of games. Sometimes you overcome it, sometimes you don't. But the big match ups are not evenly called, that's for sure.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 02:36 AM)El guapo Wrote: Can burrow get some of that golden boy treatment?

Well my family is hoping that the script is for Burrow and Chase to go back to New Orleans and hoist the Lombardi Trophy!
Reply/Quote
That was hilariously egregious with the Lions game.

It was pretty much the same thing where Ric Flair hits a low blow (which is illegal and an instant DQ), and the ref just kind of looks away quickly and let’s the match continue

Shenanigans

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
I wonder if the NFL will merge with UFC / WWE.

We could come out the tunnel each week to The Ultimate Warrior's theme song.

Teddy Long gets hired as the new head of officiating.

Games called by Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler.

Roger Goodell pairs up w/ HHH and Stephanie to form The Authority 2.0.

The worst-record teams get a small tournament just before the playoffs to see who gets the Money In the Bank contract to challenge the winner of the SB, anytime anywhere.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 02:36 AM)El guapo Wrote: Can burrow get some of that golden boy treatment?

Wouldn't be surprised if Bengals win the SB next season. The SB is in New Orleans where Burrow and Chase won their national championship.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
If I thought it was rigged then I wouldn't watch it.

Yes, officials have opinions about good and bad players and teams and those opinions sometimes influence their calls. There is zero percent chance that Mahomes gets called for grounding on that play, for example. Likewise, his failed first down leap would have been called correctly on the field if it were Browning.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:37 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Steelers haven't had a losing season in 50 years straight and they have fans in every state, hmm. lol.

[Image: ze2rmwvaykg71.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlr47-HjR1Dqcr3eGIxwM...I&usqp=CAU]

Math???
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If one suspects the NFL to be rigged then this is a good opportunity to profit from the knowledge.

Because the NFL certainly would love to see a Taylor Swift attended SB which would crush all ratings ever. So if rigged the league will make that happen before her break up song is written.

Don't believe the rigged part, but when billions are being wagered there's a possibility the refs could be bought and it may not be the league behind it.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 08:20 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: ze2rmwvaykg71.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlr47-HjR1Dqcr3eGIxwM...I&usqp=CAU]

Math???

/sarcasm

50 years, 20 years, what's the difference. Imagine going 20 years without a losing season, and counting. It's pretty much like 50 lol
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 06:40 AM)Roland Wrote: If I thought it was rigged then I wouldn't watch it.

Yes, officials have opinions about good and bad players and teams and those opinions sometimes influence their calls.  There is zero percent chance that Mahomes gets called for grounding on that play, for example.  Likewise, his failed first down leap would have been called correctly on the field if it were Browning.

Plenty of people watched wrestling although it was rigged, but yeah I agree I also didn't watch it lol. 

Influenced or not I just hope the Browns don't win a superbowl this year, but maybe it's their way of getting Watson and his insane contract/off the field issues out of the NFL's "clean" spotlight.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 09:25 AM)Go Cards Wrote: If one suspects the NFL to be rigged then this is a good opportunity to profit from the knowledge.

Because the NFL certainly would love to see a Taylor Swift attended SB which would crush all ratings ever. So if rigged the league will make that happen before her break up song is written.

Don't believe the rigged part, but when billions are being wagered there's a possibility the refs could be bought and it may not be the league behind it.

You’re onto something here. I don’t believe the NFL is rigged BUT I DO believe officiating crews “play favorites” in crucial games. I’ll never forget last year‘s AFC Championship where the Chiefs got to run a play on fifth down.

If the officials are “bought” it is not done by the NFL. If it happens, I highly suspect the sports betting executives are behind it.
Reply/Quote
If they wanted the ratings, the Steelers and Cowboys would have been something beyond the playoff laughing stock. If rigged, they rigged the Bengals in to the AFC Championship for two years. Can't hate on it when it isn't us and ignore when it is us. You can seriously watch the game and say that the Bengals were an equal or better team and the NFL pushed the Chiefs into a win? Without Marquez Mudfingers dropping everything but a mixtape, it would have been an absolute beatdown.

This silly notion, that if something doesn't go your way, it must mean fraud is afoot, is a sad state of mind. See it more and more. Just hold that loss like a man.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
[Image: tumblr_oex12nZCah1sbzhteo1_500.gifv]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 09:46 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: /sarcasm

50 years, 20 years, what's the difference. Imagine going 20 years without a losing season, and counting. It's pretty much like 50 lol

As I wrote Math???

The difference is well over 100%.  Smirk
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote