Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The NFL is rigged
(01-01-2024, 06:40 AM)Roland Wrote: If I thought it was rigged then I wouldn't watch it.

Yes, officials have opinions about good and bad players and teams and those opinions sometimes influence their calls. There is zero percent chance that Mahomes gets called for grounding on that play, for example. Likewise, his failed first down leap would have been called correctly on the field if it were Browning.

It's definitely rigged. Case in point. Rudolph winning on Christmas weekend
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
It depends,,,, is the NFL officially registered as SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT business? if yes, then there's your answer.

Billion-dollar industry????

You know how that works.

Remember that New Orleans game vs the Rams...
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:33 PM)Destro Wrote: If it is, it was rigged for us to make it to the Super Bowl two years ago and the AFC Championship a year later.

Well, yeah! Our Super Bowl year - what team would have made the Super Bowl with our turnstiles?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
As much as I want to kick and scream the NFL is fixed, I can’t. Takes too many people to be rigged. And people suck at keeping secrets. Are some of the refs biased? Absolutely, but you have to be able to over come poor officiating. This weekend was bad. Rigged, no the refs are just horrible and bias.
Reply/Quote
From the Cowboys at home in Jerry’s World on Jimmy Johnson night to the Bengals losing by 8 to the Chiefs. There was no way the Bengals were going to cover the 7 point spread. I don’t know if the NFL is as rigged as most think but it’s looking bad. What concerns me the most are the referees. It seems clear they have money either directly or indirectly on these games. It seems they pick out 2 to 3 per week to make money.

If NFL won’t investigate Refs for betting perhaps the FBI can.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
It’s not so much rigged, there’s just too many damn rules that are open to interpretation. You see it every game. How many times have you heard the head ref with the booth call one thing only to have the refs call something else. Then listen to Gene back pedal as to why.

There are too many damn rules, you can ask 3 refs and get 3 different answers. There was a text book roughing the passer not called, numerous PI calls missed etc. Refs need to clean this shit up or the game will be as unwatchable as it is now.
Reply/Quote
Bengals play the Chiefs again at Arrowhead in 2024. That smells like a rigging.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 02:40 PM)TKUHL Wrote: It’s not so much rigged, there’s just too many damn rules that are open to interpretation. You see it every game. How many times have you heard the head ref with the booth call one thing only to have the refs call something else. Then listen to Gene back pedal as to why.

There are too many damn rules, you can ask 3 refs and get 3 different answers. There was a text book roughing the passer not called, numerous PI calls missed etc. Refs need to clean this shit up or the game will be as unwatchable as it is now.

All of the refs in the booth are completely useless. Their job seems to strictly be to take up for the refs on the field, IMO. Steratore is the king of using a whole bunch of words to say absolutely nothing.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 06:17 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Bengals play the Chiefs again at Arrowhead in 2024. That smells like a rigging.

Nope. We played the Chiefs at home in 2021 and 2022, and on the road this year. Playing them on the road again evens things out. Nothing fishy here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
The league admitted to scripting games in open court and right after that we saw legalized gambling on games. I'm not a mathematical genius, but I can see two turds added to two turds and know there's four turds on the floor.. Either someone's dog is out of control or their toilet is missing..     
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Leatherheads...

Rules will ruin the game....
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 12:17 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: After Super Bowl XL, I've held no delusions that the league is not at the very least "influenced."

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

ABSOLUTELY influenced! To think otherwise is choosing naivete over realism.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:45 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: It’s getting harder & harder to think these claims are nonsense.

Just look at the unbelievable calls in the last 24 hours - the victims and the beneficiaries.

I still don’t understand how there isn’t a full-fledged investigation about what happened to Detroit.

And we see this horse shit every time we go to Arrowhead. That unbelievable spot after Mahomes whined which was so plainly obvious. The blatant missed off-sides calls. The ***** grounding call was the pièce de résistance.

The Chiefs have been getting these calls for a few years now. Brady & the Pats did for a long time. Refs always swallow the whistle (and some…other things) for Pittsburgh.

It’s too far gone now to be explained away as chance or lapses in judgement. I can’t find enough tin foil to believe the officiating can deliberately affect an outcome, but they damn sure can help. And yeah, occasionally, I believe they are called upon to do so.

We got rooked a little, but Detroit took the whole shaft. That was absolutely ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 12:17 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: After Super Bowl XL, I've held no delusions that the league is not at the very least "influenced."

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

Yeah, when a QB gets called for an illegal block below the waist while making a tackle on an interception return, something ain't right.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 06:23 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: All of the refs in the booth are completely useless. Their job seems to strictly be to take up for the refs on the field, IMO. Steratore is the king of using a whole bunch of words to say absolutely nothing.

Was he the ******* with the word salad on why the hit to Gio in the 2016 playoff game was legal?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 04:00 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Was he the ******* with the word salad on why the hit to Gio in the 2016 playoff game was legal?

I want to say he was still an active referee at that point. Maybe it was completely incompetent on the field and in the booth Mike Carey?

Not sure though, I was at that game and by design I have never watched it again in any capacity.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 04:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Was he the ******* with the word salad on why the hit to Gio in the 2016 playoff game was legal?

That was John Parry who worked that playoff game against us (opposing coach in a team's huddle on the field? penalty on the defense). Parry was also the booth "expert" who recently tried to cover for the refs in the Lions Cowboys game.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 12:57 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: As I wrote Math???

The difference is well over 100%.  Smirk

as I wrote, /sarcasm lol. comon now.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 01:19 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: It depends,,,, is the NFL officially registered as SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT business? if yes, then there's your answer.

Billion-dollar industry????

You know how that works.

Remember that New Orleans game vs the Rams...

Yes, they are. That was their response when people wanted their money back after watching games that Belichick later on was penalized for cheating in, and they wouldn't give any refunds because their ticket is not entitled to fair and square only that they're entertained.

Apparently they also need to be categorized like that "just so they can advertise stories".

I definitely agree on the billion dollar industry comment. People who know how to make money and probably care about it more than the average person.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 02:40 PM)TKUHL Wrote: It’s not so much rigged, there’s just too many damn rules that are open to interpretation. You see it every game. How many times have you heard the head ref with the booth call one thing only to have the refs call something else. Then listen to Gene back pedal as to why.

The NFL can just scapegoat the refs though making you and us think exactly what you said, in perpetuity.

They keep them part time too so they can scapegoat them even more. It's kinda crazy to me you have each owner making a billion dollars and they won't pay their refs full time salary w/benefits (?). There are a lot of refs, sure, but they're basically just like 1 more team lol. Don't the billionaires want to give their team the best chance to win? (I think some of us have accused Mike Brown of not doing so). Why wouldn't you want the best refs or reward the refs?

If you keep rules that are confusing you can control the game, right! lol.

I bet if Gene says the wrong thing he may be subject to a fine, is he allowed to say whatever he wants now that he's no longer in the NFL? That's what we hope lol.

Does the NFL still do the "ref report card" for only the last 2 minutes of the game or whatever? Why not ref report card for the whole game, guess the rest of the game doesn't matter lol. It does show they're trying to correct their problems at least, or is it just an illusion!

Lately I question after watching NFL for so long that it seems like every game we see something we've never seen before, how is that possible lol. Then again when playing Madden I see things I've never seen before but that's because it's buggy lol. That game ending almost ending 0-0 and then one of the teams scoring 63 the next game lol.

Those people who think the NFL is 100% real think we're crazy and they may be right lol, but if the NFL is influenced somehow by things we don't know or see, I bet they employ psychologists because it's easy to manipulate most people with simple actions or words, like a hypnotist lol. Maybe the NFL was not influenced as much as it is now, but now that there is a lot more money involved - things may have changed!
Reply/Quote