Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The NFL is rigged
Not at all saying it's rigged, but I watched the Be gals game, then 4 others (2 that meant something, 2 that didn't) and tonight's game:

- in the games that didn't matter, not a single penalty was called unless it was heavily conspicuous (KC is just waaaaay too handsy at all times) or it was pre-snap (like our game).

- in the 2 that DID matter (and tonight's game), significantly more penalties had/have been called and a myriad of them, not strictly pre-snap

Again, this is just my perception, I may be completely wrong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 08:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Refs are just bad, man. Across the board. Put 2 humans in striped shirts and you're going to get conflicting opinions on what a call is and what it should be. 

Now, put 7 humans on a football field, responsible for watching 22 exceptional athletes in action on every play. There's no way their eyes can be in the exact spot it should be on every play, when a good number of them aren't even looking where the ball is going to. Even when their eyes are in the right spot, they're not going to get the call right 100% of the time. Replay can only overturn certain designated plays.

I don't disagree, but man oh man, there seems to be A LOT of not even close phantom calls this year.  I get missing close stuff, but calling things that aren't even close that didn't actually happen.   I don't know.  NFL worth billions.  Sports gambling worth billions.  Things that make you go hmmm..........
Reply/Quote
49ers over the Chiefs. I've had the 49ers winning the Super Bowl since the end of last season.

I'm going to give a glimpse into my insight of the matrix. Now, I don't think the games are "rigged" per say, but they are pre determined. It's like destiny. There is no NFL elite sitting around the table planning these things, they are happening organically. It's like the fibonacci sequence or golden ratio.

Remember, Purdy was estimated to be out for 6 months after surgery during the offseason last year, then he miraculously recovers just in time for the start of training camp. Purdy wears 13 and 13 is the 6th prime number and Purdy even had 13 straight passing completions in a game this season. Super Bowl 58 is being played in the 36th state, the 36th parallel and 36 is the 6th square number. Adding 1-36 equals 666. 36 is also the 8th triangular number and 49ers are appearing in their 8th Super Bowl. 6 is the 3rd prime number and 49ers can win their 6th Super Bowl and Chiefs can lose their 3rd Super Bowl. 49ers can earn their 8th win over the Chiefs and 8 is the 6th triangular number.

From the last time the 49ers played at Las Vegas to Super Bowl 58 is exactly 58 weeks.

I think the AFC's 29th Super Bowl win is for the Bengals next season. AFC can win their 29th Super Bowl on 2/9 (like 29) on the 29th parallel. Super Bowl 59 could be the Bengals' 29th overall playoff game if they get the 1st seed and Burrow will head into next season with 59 overall games played. I'm guessing that is why they didn't make the playoffs this season so the numbers can line up for next season. It will be hosted at the Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana where Burrow and Chase (born in Louisiana) played in college.

Joe Burrow grew up a Saints fan and his childhood hero was Drew Brees. The perfect place for Burrow to be crowned.

Then theres the whole "Who Dey" vs. "Who Dat" debate.
Reply/Quote
NFL had to make sure it wasnt 49ers vs ravens after their gaff... thats why the ravens didnt run all game lol
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 05:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: NFL had to make sure it wasnt 49ers vs ravens after their gaff... thats why the ravens didnt run all game lol

17 point leads that hold are a thing of pre Draft kings Fanduel NFL involved gambling days. Game reminded me of the Pats vs Falcons  Super Bowl. I remember when teams dominating 1st half ended in blowouts, now there's hardly ever any blowouts. It's not parity either.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 06:43 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: 17 point leads that hold are a thing of pre Draft kings Fanduel NFL involved gambling days. Game reminded me of the Pats vs Falcons  Super Bowl. I remember when teams dominating 1st half ended in blowouts, now there's hardly ever any blowouts. It's not parity either.

the number of "amazing" come backs since the gambling has been legalized is questioning to be sure
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 06:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the number of "amazing" come backs since the gambling has been legalized is questioning to be sure

Amazing comebacks don't factor into gambling so much as they keep people watching the entire game to see who wins and thus watch more commercials.  Gambling doesn't even require watching the game as a blowout that half the nation turns off after the 2nd quarter doesn't matter as long as the scores and spreads are met.
Reply/Quote
I generally assume anyone who thinks the NFL is rigged or predetermined is of lower intelligence and I don't even try to discuss the irrationality of it. I have seen it all over Facebook and twitter.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 03:35 PM)RaHorus888 Wrote: 49ers over the Chiefs. I've had the 49ers winning the Super Bowl since the end of last season.

I'm going to give a glimpse into my insight of the matrix. Now, I don't think the games are "rigged" per say, but they are pre determined. It's like destiny. There is no NFL elite sitting around the table planning these things, they are happening organically. It's like the fibonacci sequence or golden ratio.

Remember, Purdy was estimated to be out for 6 months after surgery during the offseason last year, then he miraculously recovers just in time for the start of training camp. Purdy wears 13 and 13 is the 6th prime number and Purdy even had 13 straight passing completions in a game this season. Super Bowl 58 is being played in the 36th state, the 36th parallel and 36 is the 6th square number. Adding 1-36 equals 666. 36 is also the 8th triangular number and 49ers are appearing in their 8th Super Bowl. 6 is the 3rd prime number and 49ers can win their 6th Super Bowl and Chiefs can lose their 3rd Super Bowl. 49ers can earn their 8th win over the Chiefs and 8 is the 6th triangular number.

From the last time the 49ers played at Las Vegas to Super Bowl 58 is exactly 58 weeks.

I think the AFC's 29th Super Bowl win is for the Bengals next season. AFC can win their 29th Super Bowl on 2/9 (like 29) on the 29th parallel. Super Bowl 59 could be the Bengals' 29th overall playoff game if they get the 1st seed and Burrow will head into next season with 59 overall games played. I'm guessing that is why they didn't make the playoffs this season so the numbers can line up for next season. It will be hosted at the Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana where Burrow and Chase (born in Louisiana) played in college.

Joe Burrow grew up a Saints fan and his childhood hero was Drew Brees. The perfect place for Burrow to be crowned.

Then theres the whole "Who Dey" vs. "Who Dat" debate.
Can't argue with any of that!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 07:35 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: I generally assume anyone who thinks the NFL is rigged or predetermined is of lower intelligence and I don't even try to discuss the irrationality of it. I have seen it all over Facebook and twitter.

One of my long-term pals had a mom who for decades said the NFL was rigged.  She'd walk through the room and say "I don't know how you boys watch that stuff, it's rigged" and then as soon as a guy missed a tackle she'd say "See? Didn't even try to tackle him" and walk off secure in the knowledge that she was right.  These days you hear this stuff more and more, and I have to wonder if it's just the way things are these days.

When Jordan and the Bulls won a bunch of championships I don't recall people saying it was rigged, and honestly everyone seemed to love the Bulls (I'm from Pittsburgh, so I guess people trend towards the Celtics, Lakers, or whomever is good when they were growing up) and I don't recall anyone saying it was rigged and my cousin and I were the only people who seemed to voice that we were sick of the Bulls and wanted the Suns etc to beat them in the finals.

Seems like these days a team gets better and people like them, and then if they are good too long people start to hate them and say things are rigged for them.  Be good, but don't be good long enough for people to get mad at you for being good.  I'm not even sure if people believe what they are saying or they just think they're "having fun" saying this stuff.

The Lions winning the SB this year would have caused national joy, but I could easily see SoCal 1st overall pick pretty boy Jared Goff and loudmouthed dude bro former player "bite a nipple off" Dan Campbell (who to me seems like a combo of Travis Kelce and Bill Cowher) being gleefully hated by the masses after they won their 2nd or 3rd Lombardi.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 02:01 AM)Nately120 Wrote: One of my long-term pals had a mom who for decades said the NFL was rigged.  She'd walk through the room and say "I don't know how you boys watch that stuff, it's rigged" and then as soon as a guy missed a tackle she'd say "See? Didn't even try to tackle him" and walk off secure in the knowledge that she was right.  These days you hear this stuff more and more, and I have to wonder if it's just the way things are these days.

When Jordan and the Bulls won a bunch of championships I don't recall people saying it was rigged, and honestly everyone seemed to love the Bulls (I'm from Pittsburgh, so I guess people trend towards the Celtics, Lakers, or whomever is good when they were growing up) and I don't recall anyone saying it was rigged and my cousin and I were the only people who seemed to voice that we were sick of the Bulls and wanted the Suns etc to beat them in the finals.

Seems like these days a team gets better and people like them, and then if they are good too long people start to hate them and say things are rigged for them.  Be good, but don't be good long enough for people to get mad at you for being good.  I'm not even sure if people believe what they are saying or they just think they're "having fun" saying this stuff.

The Lions winning the SB this year would have caused national joy, but I could easily see SoCal 1st overall pick pretty boy Jared Goff and loudmouthed dude bro former player "bite a nipple off" Dan Campbell (who to me seems like a combo of Travis Kelce and Bill Cowher) being gleefully hated by the masses after they won their 2nd or 3rd Lombardi.

Exactly it's become the coping mechanism of angry fans after their team loses. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 02:01 AM)Nately120 Wrote: When Jordan and the Bulls won a bunch of championships I don't recall people saying it was rigged, and honestly everyone seemed to love the Bulls (I'm from Pittsburgh, so I guess people trend towards the Celtics, Lakers, or whomever is good when they were growing up)

Different topic, but I like your observation about everyone seeming to love the Bulls. I've told my own kiddo that's what made Jordan extra special is that everyone seemed to enjoy watching him or at least respected they were watching greatness.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 10:52 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Different topic, but I like your observation about everyone seeming to love the Bulls. I've told my own kiddo that's what made Jordan extra special is that everyone seemed to enjoy watching him or at least respected they were watching greatness.

You didn’t have social media back then. It wasn’t as near in your face. You watch the games, it’s over. Maybe some highlights on ESPN.

In today’s world, and why everyone hates the chiefs (IMO) is the drama and reality tv feel with that team. It’s not just one guy either. It also doesn’t help that over the last 3 years, most 50/50 calls go in their favor. I tend to think of the law of averages will catch up, like flipping a coin, but then you include the human element. In theory every 50/50 call should have a 50% probability that is independent of a previous call.

I just said a lot of random stuff, but I figured it out yesterday.

The reason Brady and bill won, they were the best coach QB combo.
The reason mahomes and Andy win, is the same. Coupled with the fact that mahomes just doesn’t make big mistakes in big games, I think this is why they win. I don’t think Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen or Justin Herbert will ever sniff a SB. In the regular season, you have no pressure and you play a varying level of talented teams. When push comes to shove in the AFCCG, I just knew they mahomes would win because he doesn’t make the mistakes.. which is why he is one of the greatest to play the games. But he still benefits from refs, more often than not. That’s why people hate the chiefs, that’s why people think the nfl is rigged.

Rant over.
Reply/Quote
Roger needed to send Pro-Vaccine Kelce & Big name Swift to the SB.

It’s not just the NFL that’s rigged, it’s the Global Elites behind the curtain’s pulling all these levers.

Watch the latest WEF summit and you will see it for yourselves.

I used to think this conspiratorial crap was tinfoil-riddled insanity.

Not any more.

Enjoy your freedoms while they still last. Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 03:00 PM)Whacked Wrote: Roger needed to send Pro-Vaccine Kelce & Big name Swift to the SB.

It’s not just the NFL that’s rigged, it’s the Global Elites behind the curtain’s pulling all these levers.

Not any more.

Meh, if rich people want it it's the right thing...they are our betters in the USA after all.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 03:00 PM)Whacked Wrote: Roger needed to send Pro-Vaccine Kelce & Big name Swift to the SB.

Not any more.

Whacked gets it. Rigged may be a strong description, maybe influenced is a better word to use. All it takes is 1 call to change a game outcome and it happens way too often. The Kelce/Swift/Mahommes/State Farm/ Super bowl coming up is an example of how the NFL wants certain corporations/people and agendas in front of the camera. This Kelce/Swift love affair is likely an agreement between their agents and NFL marketing guys to try to influence certain individuals thinking. They even had Swift mic'ed up after the Ravens game but there isn't any agenda going on there... Hilarious  The game itself has become secondary, it's the non-stop commercials and azzholes during halftime that are paid big bucks to influence viewers thinking that is top priority it seems. I'd bet Kelce and Swifty don't even like each other.

It's a multi billion dollar entertainment business and the corporate big boys will do WHATEVER it takes to influence viewers thought process.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 06:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, if rich people want it it's the right thing...they are our betters in the USA after all.

Keep singing Nate, I can almost hear the beat from Ghetto Superstar playing in the background..  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2024, 02:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Keep singing Nate, I can almost hear the beat from Ghetto Superstar playing in the background..  Ninja

Well as long as the Brothers Gibb got a nice payday out of that song, I guess all is well.
Reply/Quote
Super Bowl 58 has been dubbed by some as the Taylor Swift Bowl or Swiftie Bowl, referencing pop star Taylor Swift. This is interesting because the number 13 connects to Taylor Swift in more ways than one. As I stated in my previous post, 13 is the 6th prime number.

Taylor Swift considers number 13 to be her lucky number, often referencing it.

Swift stated in an interview, "I was born on the 13th, I turned 13 on Friday the 13th, my first album went gold in 13 weeks. Also, my first song that ever went number 1, it had a 13 second intro, I didn't even do that on purpose! And every time I've ever won an award at an award show, I've either been seated in the 13th row, or row M, which is the 13th letter.

Before gracing the stage for a concert, Swift would mark the number 13 on her hand, symbolizing fearlessness, reminiscent of her second studio album, also titled "13." Her in-house management team is called 13 Management. Her Twitter account is @taylorswift13.

"The Lucky One" is the 13th track on her album Red. It has a 13 second intro and the word "lucky" is said 13 times in the song.

Taylor Swift will be releasing an album this year titled 13. There will be 13 standard tracks and 13 surprise bonus tracks.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2024, 12:39 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: It's a multi billion dollar entertainment business and the corporate big boys will do WHATEVER it takes to influence viewers thought process.

Preach! Amen!
Reply/Quote