Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Next Great Villains
The article is saying the Bengals are changing from that fun scrappy underdog possible fluke superbowl run in 2021 to possible a dynasty in the Joe Burrow era. Fan bases will be jealous and hate them because they knock their team out of the playoffs for the next 15 years.

It's a compliment.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 08:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, we were peak dirty villian in 2017 and we went 7-9.

The idea that Burrow and Chase and ZT winning the SB could make this team more hateable that we were when we had Vontaze Burfict trying to kill people on the field is a bit farfetched in my mind.  A year ago we were going on about how most of the country wanted us to beat the LA Rams in the SB and now we are getting ready to be the most hated team on the planet?

Interesting, at least.

We were not supposed to be there last year and were the big-time underdogs. The Rams were the villians with nasty play from Donald.
So yea, people were rooting for us. This year, different story, we playing hard and have a chance to go back and we are smashing dreams this time (Buff) and the silly a** last second NFL rule changes.
I still can't figure out how everyone was ignoring us when all we did in the off-season/draft was address our weaknesses.  Wasn't Cleveland supposed to be in the SB this year?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 01:04 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I still can't figure out how everyone was ignoring us when all we did in the off-season/draft was address our weaknesses.  Wasn't Cleveland supposed to be in the SB this year?

Cause last year we where an *....      Now that we are back that wont be the case anymore  Champs 2 times in  a Row... Well then move over KC a new Dynasty is here.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 12:15 PM)GAWhoDey Wrote: I think it's more of an online thing vs. in real life. Most people aren't going to come up to a fan wearing gear and say "Hey, I hate your team or this or that player."  People are much more courageous behind their keyboards, of course. 

Check out the forums for other teams in the AFCN and our new rivals the Chiefs.  Lots of hate for Bengals' cockiness and trash talking ways.  (and I love that). Top two threads on this Chiefs forum as of this moment are about us, and not very complimentary if you read most of the comments there.  

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/

So, it’s the KC fans and prior, the Bills fans. Well yeah….we’ve beat them.

The rest of the world (with the possible exception of the AFC North) has sung our praises.

So, not seeing the widespread hate…just from those we’ve vanquished.
Reply/Quote