Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The OTHER Elephant in the Room
No one's really talking about it and I completely understand why. I've tried to put it out of mind and not think about it. I've tried to stay positive and stay confident , and I am confident. I think we should win this game because, I think all things considered, we are the better team. But one thing scares me and scares me bad. And it scares you as well. Like me, you push it to the back of your mind and try not let it dominate your thinking .

If this one thing happens, we have no chance. Dream over. Done. If Joe goes down and misses any significant playing time in this game, we can forget it. Brandon Allen vs Donald and Miller... no thank you. We all know this and it goes without saying that Donald and his Rams do as well. They know they can 100% win a Superbowl by taking out Burrow. Now, are there players on that DL that are sociopathic enough to have no qualms about doing something like that? Some have said that Donald is a dirty player. I don't watch the Rams so I couldn't tell you. I just know the stakes in a game like this are very high and there are some bad people in sports just like in other aspects of life who want to win by "whatever means necessary."

The Rams are gonna be around Burrow all game. They know that one shot that takes Burrow out of the game, even for a half, will deliver them a Superbowl ring. Am I worrying for no reason? I mean, if Joe goes out , our hopes go with him. A QB is always susceptible to frightening hits but on this big of a stage, it is worrisome to me that maybe someone has a premeditated plan to remove the biggest obstacle in their way to the ultimate prize.

I believe that Joe will find a way to lead his troops to victory. It seems like the guy almost wills things to happen. BUT , he has to be on the field for four quarters for this victory to happen. I believe that if JOEY B plays every snap for the Bengals , they win this Superbowl. The Rams probably know it as well.

Comments???
Reply/Quote
Please do yourself a favor and delete this thread. I think there's the option available in your User CP toolbox.
Reply/Quote
So I see we have ran out of relevant topics to discuss in the two week layoff.
Reply/Quote
That's not an elephant. It doesn't exist until it happens. Same goes for the Rams if Stafford goes down. The advantage Burrow has is that he knows he's playing with a weak line on the right side, so it's no surprise to him if someone gets through - at least he he knows that will be the direction it will come from.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Yeah, this doesnt go both ways... knowing the Rams have John "Peyton Manning" Wolford in their bullpen just waiting to drop 500 the instant Stafford goes down..... C'mon man.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:21 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Yeah, this doesnt go both ways... knowing the Rams have John "Peyton Manning" Wolford in their bullpen just waiting to drop 500 the instant Stafford goes down..... C'mon man.

I have nightmares about backup QB's against us. 

#mikewhiteGOAT
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:34 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I have nightmares about backup QB's against us. 

#mikewhiteGOAT

Backup QBs are not a threat to us. We lost (twice?) to 3rd stringers. That's our kryptonite.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:11 AM)Science Friction Wrote: No one's really talking about it and I completely understand why. I've tried to put it out of mind and not think about it. I've tried to stay positive and stay confident , and I am confident.  I think we should win this game because, I think all things considered, we are the better team. But one thing scares me and scares me bad.   And it scares you as well. Like me, you push it to the back of your mind and try not let it dominate your thinking .

If this one thing happens, we have no chance. Dream over. Done.  If Joe goes down and misses any significant playing time in this game, we can forget it.  Brandon Allen vs  Donald and Miller... no thank you.   We all know this and it goes without saying that Donald and his Rams do as well.  They know they can 100% win a Superbowl by taking out Burrow.  Now, are there players on that DL that are sociopathic enough to have no qualms about doing something like that? Some have said that Donald is a dirty player. I don't watch the Rams so I couldn't tell you. I just know the stakes in a game like this are very high and there are some bad people in sports just like in other aspects of life who want to win by "whatever means necessary."

The Rams are gonna be around Burrow all game. They know that one shot that takes Burrow out of the game, even for a half,  will deliver them a Superbowl ring.  Am I worrying for no reason? I mean, if Joe goes out , our hopes go with him.  A QB is always susceptible to frightening hits but on this big of a stage, it is worrisome to me that maybe someone has a premeditated plan to remove the biggest obstacle in their way to the ultimate prize.

I believe that Joe will find a way to lead his troops to victory. It seems like the guy almost wills things to happen.  BUT , he has to be on the field for four quarters for this victory to happen. I believe that if JOEY B  plays every snap for the Bengals , they win this Superbowl.   The Rams probably know it as well.

Comments???

Are u insane? Wtf is wrong with you?
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 01:01 AM)Tony Wrote: Are u insane? Wtf is wrong with you?

I believe we are the better team. I believe we will win if Joe takes every snap. I believe the Rams know their in trouble with Burrow. I'm afraid they might not be the greatest of sportsmen.  Is that an insane worry?
Reply/Quote
I don't think this qualifies as an "elephant in the room", like some major threat that is just always there and nobody wants to acknowledge it.

A quarterback injury is always "possible", and sure it'd screw over either team in the Super Bowl. Even with a strong pass rush it's not likely enough that I think this is something that warrants any immediate worrying. Quarterbacks get hit. They get sacked too. I'm not going to poop my pants every week over that worst case scenario, and certainly not during the week of the first Super Bowl I have ever seen as a fan. It just seems pointless to me.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 01:12 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I believe we are the better team. I believe we will win if Joe takes every snap. I believe the Rams know their in trouble with Burrow. I'm afraid they might not be the greatest of sportsmen.  Is that an insane worry?

We can only run a portion of our playbook due to our oline. We are most definitely not the better team.  We do have enough weapons and defensive grit and coaching to win the game.  IMHO
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 01:12 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I believe we are the better team. I believe we will win if Joe takes every snap. I believe the Rams know their in trouble with Burrow. I'm afraid they might not be the greatest of sportsmen.  Is that an insane worry?

I don't even want to correct this because it's not coming out of my mouth what you said... You never talk about something like that...
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 01:30 AM)casear2727 Wrote: We can only run a portion of our playbook due to our oline. We are most definitely not the better team.  We do have enough weapons and defensive grit and coaching to win the game.  IMHO

How do you figure?  Intangibles are part of what makes a team great. We have the intangibles, along with a lot of talent. Burrow wills this team to wins. They expect to win. Bengals are the better team.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 01:54 AM)Tony Wrote: I don't even want to correct this because it's not coming out of my mouth what you said... You never talk about something like that...

It is something that most EVERYONE here is thinking and worrying about but doesn't want to talk about. Frankly, I really don't either. I am believing that our players have an injury-free game and I'm seeing Joe kneel down for that final play and then victory.  I believe that if we have an injury-free game we will win by 8 to 17 points.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 01:54 AM)Tony Wrote: I don't even want to correct this because it's not coming out of my mouth what you said... You never talk about something like that...

There's nothing to correct, Tony.  Everything that was mentioned is correct. Everything I mentioned is something everyone on here has thought about multiple times the past week. We just have to believe that Joe will continue to will us to victory, that our players will remain healthy, and that Aaron Donald will be a great sportsman after all.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 02:18 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Everything I mentioned is something everyone on here has thought about multiple times the past week.

What if it is not just this one game.  What if Burrow gets injured so bad that he never plays football again?

Or what if it is like the '05 playoff game and both Burrow and Chase go down on the same play?

And what if they are BOTH  career ending injuries?

I know every Bengal fan has locked himself in his room every night and cut himself while thinking about this for hours on end.
Reply/Quote
Some things should not be typed or spoken into existence.

This is one of those things. Everyone (well everyone that is rational) is aware this line is a liabilty except for Spain. Everyone is aware the team kinda missed on the plan for the line and that Von Miller and Donald are a force. But you can't live in fear and you certainly don't put things out there that should be left unsaid.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well according to one of your previous threads you just knew in your gut that we were gonna lose to the Chiefs in the AFCCG, so maybe chill on the doomposting and enjoy the ride.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 02:05 AM)Science Friction Wrote: How do you figure?  Intangibles are part of what makes a team great. We have the intangibles, along with a lot of talent. Burrow wills this team to wins. They expect to win. Bengals are the better team.

On paper the Rams are the better team. As were the Titans and the Chiefs, and we beat them.  

Your silly post about Burrow getting hurt and this are just that, silly.  We are overachieving on a next level like no other.  Assuming we have a great offseason acquiring talent on the oline like we did on defense last year, you will see just how limited we currently are... JoeyB with time and 5-7 drop concepts with double moves and post routes, we will be explosive. 

These guys are playing against a ton of odds on offense.  The limited passing playbook, and we've been stifled running the ball as of late and still pull out wins...

We have a ton of grit, some special talent, and maybe destiny, who knows?  
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 02:18 AM)Science Friction Wrote: There's nothing to correct, Tony.  Everything that was mentioned is correct. Everything I mentioned is something everyone on here has thought about multiple times the past week. We just have to believe that Joe will continue to will us to victory, that  our players will remain healthy, and that Aaron Donald will be a great sportsman after all.

We get it, you Steelers fans are salty that we are in the SB, especially as it coincides with Ben's retirement.  Why you all feel the need to troll this forum is funny yet unsurprising. Take the "L" and move on.  
Reply/Quote