Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The OTHER Elephant in the Room
(02-09-2022, 06:20 PM)Science Friction Wrote: For asking a legitimate question and posing a legitimate concern that has entered your mind and most others on here?  In fact, the same concern came up in another thread a few days ago. 

Delete superstition and ban irrational thinking is more like it. 

How do you know what's going through everyone's mind if you don't believe in that kinda stuff? I personally haven't thought about it until this gem of a thread....
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 09:09 PM)Science Friction Wrote: If you actually believe a guy from a little southern kentucky town can speak an injury to a pro football player into existence , you might be one of the most foolish humans I have ever come across.  Absolutely astonishingly absurd! Sounds like something a tribe in New Guinea might or a voodoo priest in Haiti might come up with.

Science Superstition

P.S.  If you actually believe such shit, why don't you speak yourself a powerball lottery win into existence ?
Dumb.
Reply/Quote
What about the elephant in the OTHER room? I don't know who's in charge and put an elephant in there but I'm not cleaning that up.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:53 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: What about the elephant in the OTHER room? I don't know who's in charge and put an elephant in there but I'm not cleaning that up.

riding mopeds or something is the 2nd elephant... That's 3 elephants though now though..That's a lot of shit...
Reply/Quote
Ok…everyone has poured on the poor guy. Let his bad thread die, and let him live to make a good one.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:48 AM)Tony Wrote: How do you know what's going through everyone's mind if you don't believe in that kinda stuff? I personally haven't thought about it until this gem of a thread....

It was mentioned in another thread. I was not the first to express worry about Aaron Donald maybe trying to take cheap shots at Joe.  Why is a thread that ask a legitimate question about a supposedly dirty player's possible mindset a "gem" of a thread?   
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:51 AM)BengalB Wrote: Dumb.

I agree. People cannot post things into existence!!!!  And snakes can't talk!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 01:01 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Ok…everyone has poured on the poor guy. Let his bad thread die, and let him live to make a good one.

I'm still awaiting an answer to why it is a bad thread  to ask a pertinent question.  Donald has a reputation as being a dirty player. This is the Superbowl. High stakes. Would he be tempted to shortcut his way to a Superbowl ring? I've seen the same concern from other Bengals' fan on social media.  Just not sure why this is thought of as a bad question, unless those who think it is a bad question fear even the thought of the scenario. 
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 02:06 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I'm still awaiting an answer to why it is a bad thread  to ask a pertinent question.  Donald has a reputation as being a dirty player. This is the Superbowl. High stakes. Would he be tempted to shortcut his way to a Superbowl ring? I've seen the same concern from other Bengals' fan on social media.  Just not sure why this is thought of as a bad question, unless those who think it is a bad question fear even the thought of the scenario. 

Alright everyone, he doubled down.

Eat him alive and mail him your poop!
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 01:54 AM)Science Friction Wrote: It was mentioned in another thread. I was not the first to express worry about Aaron Donald maybe trying to take cheap shots at Joe.  Why is a thread that ask a legitimate question about a supposedly dirty player's possible mindset a "gem" of a thread?   

So 1 guy = everyone? Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 02:06 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I'm still awaiting an answer to why it is a bad thread  to ask a pertinent question.  

Name the last time a prominent player, let alone QB that was injured DURING the Super Bowl. Last one I can think of was Tim Krumrie and that was near the end of the game. And as good a player as he was, his injury is not the same as losing your starting QB.

So to answer your question, it is NOT a pertinent question because it never happens.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
This thread is getting way too serious. I thought most of us replying with a "delete this thread" type post were mostly being superstitious and kidding around because we didn't want negative thoughts fluttering about in Bengals land.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 10:03 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Name the last time a prominent player, let alone QB that was injured DURING the Super Bowl. Last one I can think of was Tim Krumrie and that was near the end of the game. And as good a player as he was, his injury is not the same as losing your starting QB.

So to answer your question, it is NOT a pertinent question because it never happens.

You misspelled "early in the 1st quarter" Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 10:03 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Name the last time a prominent player, let alone QB that was injured DURING the Super Bowl. Last one I can think of was Tim Krumrie and that was near the end of the game. And as good a player as he was, his injury is not the same as losing your starting QB.

So, it never happens but you are worried that some dude on the internet can MAKE it happen by mentioning it on a message board? I bet televangelists have their way with you.

Science > Superstition
Reply/Quote
This thread is why I signed up to post here.

I hope to enjoy some football conversation with full respect to all of you - Bengals are a solid and great team.

But, guys - AD is not a dirty player. He is an amazing man and football player. I find it one hundred percent silly that such is being said about him.

My input as a Rams fan. I won't argue it - he is a good guy. Not a dirty player.
Reply/Quote
Just take a step back and look at all of the things that happen with football players in this league.

Karmara? Ruggs? Even your division rival QB Ben? Lot of boys who are bad.

AD? He is a good one. One of the best to play this game in character and skill.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 10:43 AM)Alice Wrote: Just take a step back and look at all of the things that happen with football players in this league.

Karmara?  Ruggs?  Even your division rival QB Ben?  Lot of boys who are bad.

AD?  He is a good one.  One of the best to play this game in character and skill.

Alice, like I said, I don't know anything about him. I was just stating what others had said about him. I just got to thinking that in a game with stakes as high as a SB ring, whether trying to remove a team's leader ever crosses the mind of an opposing player. I suspect it does. 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 10:32 AM)Alice Wrote: This thread is why I signed up to post here.

I hope to enjoy some football conversation with full respect to all of you - Bengals are a solid and great team.

But, guys - AD is not a dirty player.  He is an amazing man and football player.  I find it one hundred percent silly that such is being said about him.

My input as a Rams fan.  I won't argue it - he is a good guy. Not a dirty player.

Glad that I helped get you on board here.  Welcome!!!
Reply/Quote