Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(08-08-2016, 02:47 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: So I was thinking about the trades I made towards the end of last season and I'm cool with basically erasing the deal I made with DJS before he got banned. It wouldn't be cool for Mr.Rager to have to lose picks from a choice DJS made but with that said Woodhead shouldn't be an option as a keeper for his team. I do think the trade I made with Tiger Teeth should still stand though it was CJ2k for an 8th rounder.

So basically I would just have an extra 8th round pick.

I agree.  At the time it seemed like a good idea.  But it should stand.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 03:21 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I agree.  At the time it seemed like a good idea.  But it should stand.

He wasn't doing too bad at the time but that injury was unfortunate timing.

I think AJ Green is going put up a lot of points for you this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 02:47 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: So I was thinking about the trades I made towards the end of last season and I'm cool with basically erasing the deal I made with DJS before he got banned. It wouldn't be cool for Mr.Rager to have to lose picks from a choice DJS made but with that said Woodhead shouldn't be an option as a keeper for his team. I do think the trade I made with Tiger Teeth should still stand though it was CJ2k for an 8th rounder.

So basically I would just have an extra 8th round pick.

Very honorable of you, indeed.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 03:31 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: He wasn't doing too bad at the time but that injury was unfortunate timing.

I think AJ Green is going put up a lot of points for you this year.

I hope so.  It would actually be good for all of us here.
Reply/Quote
Hey, I just wanted to mention that the league might need some tweaking to account for the keepers and the corresponding picks lost. I'm just guessing, but I'm thinking the commish is either going to need to go in and manual remove draft spots or that it will require something weird with the draft settings.

Just a heads up. I know how free leagues are like this, where it's a pain in the ass for everyone to worry about this type of stuff. I just don't want us to go into the draft and have it somehow implode.

I think we all need to sign off on all the current rules, confirm we are playing, and that we can make the draft. Which by the way, we should try to set soon. (Fwiw, usually after the 3rd or 4th week of preseason is the ideal time.) So if we're looking at a Weds we need to choose from two dates.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 02:01 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Hey, I just wanted to mention that the league might need some tweaking to account for the keepers and the corresponding picks lost.  I'm just guessing, but I'm thinking the commish is either going to need to go in and manual remove draft spots or that it will require something weird with the draft settings.

Just a heads up.  I know how free leagues are like this, where it's a pain in the ass for everyone to worry about this type of stuff.  I just don't want us to go into the draft and have it somehow implode.

I think we all need to sign off on all the current rules, confirm we are playing, and that we can make the draft.  Which by the way, we should try to set soon. (Fwiw, usually after the 3rd or 4th week of preseason is the ideal time.)  So if we're looking at a Weds we need to choose from two dates.

I agree, everything needs to be laid out for all involved to look over and confirm agreement.  For example, some whacky trades went down at the end of the season, now some of those participants are no longer part of this league. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 02:01 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Hey, I just wanted to mention that the league might need some tweaking to account for the keepers and the corresponding picks lost.  I'm just guessing, but I'm thinking the commish is either going to need to go in and manual remove draft spots or that it will require something weird with the draft settings.

Just a heads up.  I know how free leagues are like this, where it's a pain in the ass for everyone to worry about this type of stuff.  I just don't want us to go into the draft and have it somehow implode.

I think we all need to sign off on all the current rules, confirm we are playing, and that we can make the draft.  Which by the way, we should try to set soon. (Fwiw, usually after the 3rd or 4th week of preseason is the ideal time.)  So if we're looking at a Weds we need to choose from two dates.

Yup. We need to get organized.

Using mass private messages would probably be a better way to communicate when it comes to confirming rules/keepers instead of this thread. Just my 2 cents.
Reply/Quote
Fwiw, here's my confirmation: It's probably obvious at this point, but 'm in for this season's fantasy league. I'm ok with us using last years scoring system but I'm open to changes. Although I think the easiest thing is to just keep things as is for simplicity sake. I can definitely make any draft if we stick with the Weds. night proposed earlier. If we go with a different time it may depend on the time.
Reply/Quote
Real quick regarding keepers: Bfine, can you confirm you know how to set it up? I took a quick look at it tonight and just from one article I saw it did mention that it entails more than just changing a setting. Please let us know that it's good to go ASAP. Otherwise, with new members taking over existing teams, I think it may be easier for everyone if we just forgo the keepers. Either way, please confirm that we're all set as far as keepers, or that we're not yet sure what's going on with removing draft picks.

I just don't want a lot of last minute confusion mucking up the league. These freebies are hard enough to keep people engaged. If we have a bunch of last minute scrambling I'm afraid it will implode.
Reply/Quote
STATE OF THE LEAGUE ADDRESS

Below is the list of Managers and Team Names I have as confirmed:
Tiger Teeth- Tiger Teeth
Johnny Cupcakes- Johnny’s Cupcakes
Wes Mantooth- Toast Jones
SunsetBengal- Sunset’s Sweethearts
Cage the Bengal- Cage The Bengal
Bfine32- Hugh G. Rection
Mr Rager- Sorry Eiferted
Harley Dog- Harley Dog
Shake n’ bake- Eddie’s Cheeseburgers
Bengal Dude- Bengaly McBengalface
Vas Deferens- Urinalcake

Pending Manger:
Wolfaosaun

Proposed Draft date and time:
8/31/2016/ 7:30 EST

Keepers:
The rule is you can keep up to 2 and they cost you a draft pick one round earlier than usual. UDFAs cost an 8th round. If you happen to keep a player that you traded for; it will cost you one round earlier than where that player was originally drafted.

I cannot see your keepers in the League until after the keeper deadline which is set for 8/15/2016 and the manger list is finalized. I need Urinalcake to PM me and I need wolf to chime in.

I should have no issues importing keepers and putting them in the proper draft position.

Pick Trades:
This is where it gets tricky. I have no vision on trades and don’t plan on spending a lot of time looking for them. A second issue is I am unsure how I could award someone an extra pick. Not saying it cannot be done; it is just that I have never so.
If you executed a trade last year that involved picks this year I need you to post it here and I need the other manager to confirm; obviously if you had a trade with a member no longer here the trade is void, as the other manager cannot confirm.
We will figure out how to make it work; either I’ll will be able to make it happen or we will have to use the honor system. For instance if I traded an 8th to TT. Then TT tells me who to draft in the 8th and I should be able to move the player.

Post any question or ideas here and we will entertain them. To be honest, I’m not planning on getting overly creative with the league settings.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Can I join? If not that's ok, I figure the league is full.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 11:47 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Can I join? If not that's ok, I figure the league is full.

Yep, this one is full, with a short waiting list.

WTS, The Real Deal is running a second forum board. His link is:
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-other-official-bengals-board-fantasy-football-league

Reply/Quote
Thanks for posting some info Bfine much appreciated.

The trade I made with Tiger Teeth...

I received his 8th round pick and he received my 12th round pick and Chris Johnson at the time. On the league page somewhere it said you can import draft picks from last season I assume that's how you manage it.
Reply/Quote
Will we know our draft position before set our keepers? If I have the #2 pick I may not keep OBJ, but say I'm the 12th I probably will. Also, what is "earlier than usual?" Is that the ADP listed on Yahoo?
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 04:40 PM)MrRager Wrote: Will we know our draft position before set our keepers? If I have the #2 pick I may not keep OBJ, but say I'm the 12th I probably will. Also, what is "earlier than usual?" Is that the ADP listed on Yahoo?

It is the inverse of last year's final standings. I'm at work right now and cannot research. If memory serves you will be picking 11th and it snakes from there.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 04:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is the inverse of last year's final standings. I'm at work right now and cannot research. If memory serves you will be picking 11th and it snakes from there.

Ok, cool.  That sounds good/fair to me.

It is currently set up to randomize the draft order 30 minutes before the draft lobby opens.  I guess just remember to change that.

Fwiw (in case anyone is planning), since I know I will be picking 9th I've decided to keep Julio Jones.  I've set him and Jarvis Landy as my keepers.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 03:31 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Thanks for posting some info Bfine much appreciated.

The trade I made with Tiger Teeth...

I received his 8th round pick and he received my 12th round pick and Chris Johnson at the time. On the league page somewhere it said you can import draft picks from last season I assume that's how you manage it.

I confirm this trade.  And I swear that somewhere on the league site, I saw all of our trades for this upcoming season, and it had adjusted for the trade picks.  I'll see if I can find it again.  But I definitely confirm this trade.

EDIT: Under the Draft tab, scroll down to Draft Picks. It has accounted for all of the trades.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 06:39 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I confirm this trade.  And I swear that somewhere on the league site, I saw all of our trades for this upcoming season, and it had adjusted for the trade picks.  I'll see if I can find it again.  But I definitely confirm this trade.

I think I found it. It's under Draft and then click on Draft Picks and it shows this message.

"View picks owned in this season's draft as a result of any draft picks that were traded last season. These are not automatically applied -- the commissioner must set up a custom draft order and import these picks for them to be included in your upcoming draft."
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 06:51 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I think I found it. It's under Draft and then click on Draft Picks and it shows this message.

"View picks owned in this season's draft as a result of any draft picks that were traded last season. These are not automatically applied -- the commissioner must set up a custom draft order and import these picks for them to be included in your upcoming draft."

Yeah, that one.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
How do we see the keeper selections everyone made?
Reply/Quote