Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The One: Rumblings of OBJ to the Bengals
(06-17-2022, 10:14 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: Source(s)?

Bengals Jim tweeted out that he saw him at Koch Sports, to which Koch Sports cheekily replied "We can neither confirm or deny this."

Link
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 10:43 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: [Image: FVZkF-bXsAE-5Qx?format=jpg&name=900x900]

Terrible photoshop but funny.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
La’el Collins watch 2.0 lol.

Reply/Quote
They both played at LSU and are friendly because of that. He responded to a tweet and the media ran with it as the Bengals wanting to sign him. Plus from a football standpoint it makes no sense for either side. We have Chase and Higgins on the outside in their prime with Boyd as one of the top slot guys in the league. Beckham is 29 and coming off back to back ACL’s on the same knee We can’t offer him big money or playing time. Plus Beckham won’t play special teams.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 11:08 AM)lone bengal Wrote: They both played at LSU and are friendly because of that. He responded to a tweet and the media ran with it as the Bengals wanting to sign him. Plus from a football standpoint it makes no sense for either side. We have Chase and Higgins on the outside in their prime with Boyd as one of the top slot guys in the league. Beckham is 29 and coming off back to back ACL’s on the same knee We can’t offer him big money or playing time. Plus Beckham won’t play special teams.

He would be purely for a playoff run. And it actually does make sense if you think about it. Only a contending team that’s well off at WR could afford to wait to add him as insurance/extra weapon for the playoffs. Teams in need of more immediate help, or bad teams, wouldn’t really gain anything from signing him considering he’ll miss at least half the season.

But he could come here - possibly win another ring - and set himself up for his next contract if he plays well in the postseason.

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 11:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He would be purely for a playoff run. And it actually does make sense if you think about it. Only a contending team that’s well off at WR could afford to wait to add him as insurance/extra weapon for the playoffs. Teams in need of more immediate help, or bad teams, wouldn’t really gain anything from signing him considering he’ll miss at least half the season.

But he could come here - possibly win another ring - and set himself up for his next contract if he plays well in the postseason.

Could that money and Roster spot be better Spent on someone that might contribute during the season?
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 11:30 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Could that money and Roster spot be better Spent on someone that might contribute during the season?

He’s not getting much money no matter where he signs. Maybe vet minimum or slightly above. I don’t see that preventing them from signing Ogunjobi, Spain, or whoever.

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 11:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He would be purely for a playoff run. And it actually does make sense if you think about it. Only a contending team that’s well off at WR could afford to wait to add him as insurance/extra weapon for the playoffs. Teams in need of more immediate help, or bad teams, wouldn’t really gain anything from signing him considering he’ll miss at least half the season.

I’m fine adding him if a receiver goes down to injury that’s different. I have lower expectations for him from a production standpoint than most fans. I feel like people are underestimating how hard it is to come back from two ACL’s in back to back years in the same knee. Big picture tho I think the Bengals have the best roster in the AFC and we’re in good shape.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 11:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He would be purely for a playoff run. And it actually does make sense if you think about it. Only a contending team that’s well off at WR could afford to wait to add him as insurance/extra weapon for the playoffs. Teams in need of more immediate help, or bad teams, wouldn’t really gain anything from signing him considering he’ll miss at least half the season.

Wild that this makes sense to me cause I cannot stand the guy, but this and the fact he is an LSU dude like Burrow and a 
bunch of others on this team makes this make much more sense now. Plus God don't care who you were, he cares who you 
are is something I live by. You never know if he has started to grow up a little bit. Those bad injuries can humble you.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 11:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s not getting much money no matter where he signs. Maybe vet minimum or slightly above. I don’t see that preventing them from signing Ogunjobi, Spain, or whoever.

Articles just came out that OBJ wants 7 mill this year...
Reply/Quote
no. just no.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 02:45 PM)Tony Wrote: Articles just came out that OBJ wants 7 mill this year...

When hes Healthy enough to play then kick the tires
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 03:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: When hes Healthy enough to play then kick the tires

why would you want to add a diva headcase to the wr room? how long would it take for him to start complaing about not getting enough targets? no long probably.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 03:11 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: why would you want to add a diva headcase to the wr room? how long would it take for him to start complaing about not getting enough targets? no long probably.

Yeah, like I said. We thought we were on the verge of something when we brought in TO and look what happened.

I don't like it either, just saying that what Nicomo said makes it make more sense then what I initially thought.

Insurance in case one of our top 3 go down late in the year when he is maybe over the injury and is healthy.

No one can deny his talent.
Reply/Quote
As long as we are not doing this instead of bringing in veteran OL depth I'm ok with it.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 03:23 PM)Joelist Wrote: As long as we are not doing this instead of bringing in veteran OL depth I'm ok with it.

OBJ shouldn't be a priority at all. We do probably need depth at WR4 in case one of our guys goes down but this guy is a 
diva and is coming off of a terrible injury. Add Hopkins, Reiff or Spain and a healthy WR like DeDe Westbrook or somethin'.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 03:11 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: why would you want to add a diva headcase to the wr room? how long would it take for him to start complaing about not getting enough targets? no long probably.

I dont....   but i wouldnt even consider him till hes healthy enough to play which doesnt sound like any time soon
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 03:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: OBJ shouldn't be a priority at all. We do probably need depth at WR4 in case one of our guys goes down but this guy is a 
diva and is coming off of a terrible injury. Add Hopkins, Reiff or Spain and a healthy WR like DeDe Westbrook or somethin'.

True enough. WR4 is not a massive priority. 
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 03:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: When hes Healthy enough to play then kick the tires

That's the thing.
He wants more, but his value is going to go up when 1) he's closer to being recovered from his injury, and 2) when teams have their WR1 or WR2 go down into the season and they're needing a replacement to help them compete toward the postseason.

He might get closer to that asking price, but it won't be until teams start having more a need.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I wonder if DOB's son is called DOBJ.
Reply/Quote