Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The One: Rumblings of OBJ to the Bengals
If he is willing to sign on a cheap 1 year rental type deal then I would have zero problem with signing him as our 4th WR/PR. The guy had 288 yards receiving in the playoffs.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 02:59 PM)Tony Wrote: Bates isn't getting resigned. The Bengals don't pay safetys and they already drafted his replacement... That ship has sailed. I believe he will play on the tag though. They always do..

I agree but you are wrong they haven’t given up so to speak. Just in case they do they want some salary cap room.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 02:59 PM)Tony Wrote: Bates isn't getting resigned. The Bengals don't pay safetys and they already drafted his replacement... That ship has sailed. I believe he will play on the tag though. They always do..

My guess is they will negotiate up until the deadline, then they will agree to something and he will sign.  
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't hate him or Hilton as WR4 if they're healthy. I think I'd prefer a Hilton or a Fuller, but adding a vet as a backup would be a good idea. 
Reply/Quote
Not going to happen
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 01:50 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yep like I said, thinking out loud and spitballing for clicks.   And doesn't appear to be a back and forth.  Burrow posted something I guess on Instgram from what I can tell and OBJ posted one thing in response.  That isn't really a back and forth.

I don't have an Instagram account but I guess this is Burrow's post they are talking about.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CewcM6MJEDa/

Well, I'd consider that a back and forth. WTS, I don't see anyway OBJ joins the Bengals as long as the top 3 remain healthy. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Please don’t link Florio here, people.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 12:28 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: He won't even be ready until the last month of the season.

True, and I wouldn't mind him coming in during that time of the year when everyone else is banged up and feeling the strain of a 17 game season.

I don't really care for his act, but honestly, he seems to have matured a lot and the Rams players say he is a great teammate.  Plus, there is that LSU connection.  If he acted up (not saying he would), there would be no less than 3 former LSU Bayou Bengals beating his ass.

If he can be signed for the vet minimum as an insurance policy, I would actually kind of like it.  
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 12:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't see them giving Beckham the money he's going to want. Plus, he'd have to play behind our starting 3. He's too much a diva to accept that. 

Knowing that he wouldn't be available for the first 3/4 of the season most likely, I could see him signing a one-year vet minimum deal which they could absolutely afford.  It's like an insurance policy.

Plus, he would be fresh when he came in.  There is a lot to be said for that as well. 
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 03:15 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I agree but you are wrong they haven’t given up so to speak. Just in case they do they want some salary cap room.

Latest word was that Bates' agent was wanting top dollar....that means $18 million.  No way in hell does he get that because one team was foolish enough to pay that for one other safety.

His agent is the problem.  He's gone, and I have somewhat turned on Bates.  For a guy that is a great player, who the Bengals drafted and developed, I don't get where he thinks he is worth the contracts of Awuzie, Hilton, and Apple COMBINED.  Stupid.

He will end up on some team after this year that will overpay for his potential production and get cut after two average seasons because they have poor talent around him and he won't be a part of the rebuild.  Probably a team like the Falcons or Jets.  

I wish it weren't the case, but I think Bates is long gone and will probably be a huge disappointment this season.  It's too bad, as he could have a potentially HOF career if he continued to develop and won a few championships here.  I just feel like he has let his agent fill his head with stupid notions and it will hurt him in the long run.  Just wait until he goes to the Jets and posts a 60 PFF rating after they pay him $15 Million per year.  He will love the attention he gets.  
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 03:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: My guess is they will negotiate up until the deadline, then they will agree to something and he will sign.  

I would love this to be true, but I am hearing they are way far apart on the yearly and the guarantee.  I think it is tag and then walks.  Bates' agent better consider the possibility of the Bengals tagging him a second time.  It can happen.  If Jesse is an all-pro and the Bengals win it all, you can bet they will.  If he is less than a Pro Bowl talent this season, his next contract won't likely be what he could get now, and it will likely come from some desperate team that sucks.  
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 09:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would love this to be true, but I am hearing they are way far apart on the yearly and the guarantee.  I think it is tag and then walks.  Bates' agent better consider the possibility of the Bengals tagging him a second time.  It can happen.  If Jesse is an all-pro and the Bengals win it all, you can bet they will.  If he is less than a Pro Bowl talent this season, his next contract won't likely be what he could get now, and it will likely come from some desperate team that sucks.  

And I think everyone knows that but is acting like it's not the case, right up until the deadline. His agent will cave because his demands are out of line.
Reply/Quote
OBJ? No.Don’t even think about it.Selfish player.Potential locker room disrupter.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 09:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Latest word was that Bates' agent was wanting top dollar....that means $18 million.  No way in hell does he get that because one team was foolish enough to pay that for one other safety.

His agent is the problem.  He's gone, and I have somewhat turned on Bates.  For a guy that is a great player, who the Bengals drafted and developed, I don't get where he thinks he is worth the contracts of Awuzie, Hilton, and Apple COMBINED.  Stupid.

He will end up on some team after this year that will overpay for his potential production and get cut after two average seasons because they have poor talent around him and he won't be a part of the rebuild.  Probably a team like the Falcons or Jets.  

I wish it weren't the case, but I think Bates is long gone and will probably be a huge disappointment this season.  It's too bad, as he could have a potentially HOF career if he continued to develop and won a few championships here.  I just feel like he has let his agent fill his head with stupid notions and it will hurt him in the long run.  Just wait until he goes to the Jets and posts a 60 PFF rating after they pay him $15 Million per year.  He will love the attention he gets.  

Unfortunately this is exactly how I feel as well
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 10:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And I think everyone knows that but is acting like it's not the case, right up until the deadline. His agent will cave because his demands are out of line.

While I still believe Bates will sign the Franchise Tag, I think the money thrown at Minkah all but guarantees they won't be getting a long term deal done. 
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 08:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While I still believe Bates will sign the Franchise Tag, I think the money thrown at Minkah all but guarantees they won't be getting a long term deal done. 

Maybe so. It's up to him. He can play here and be part of a Championship team, or go somewhere else for more money. Uzomah said in many interviews he hated losing here and was really enjoying what they built last year. So what's he do, signs with the Jets. More money, but he's back in the misery of losing all the time. 
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 08:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Maybe so. It's up to him. He can play here and be part of a Championship team, or go somewhere else for more money. Uzomah said in many interviews he hated losing here and was really enjoying what they built last year. So what's he do, signs with the Jets. More money, but he's back in the misery of losing all the time. 

I am somewhat encouraged by the friendship between Burrow and Bates.  Burrow mentioned on the podium at his press conference how important Bates is and wants to see him rewarded for the work he has put in.   Mentioned they are going to Vegas together.

Bates, some time ago, mentioned he wanted to be the Joe Burrow on the defense, and raved about his leadership and how he was immediately drawn to him as a friend.  

It will surely cost them, but I am holding on to a very thin sliver of hope that a long term deal gets done.  
Reply/Quote
Per multiple sources online, OBJ has been spotted at various spots in Cinci the last couple days.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 10:07 AM)jj22 Wrote: Per multiple sources online, OBJ has been spotted at various spots in Cinci the last couple days.

Source(s)?
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 10:14 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: Source(s)?

[Image: FVZkF-bXsAE-5Qx?format=jpg&name=900x900]
Reply/Quote