Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL ageda
Agree that NFL hose small markets frequently.

But it was inexcusable for Marvin to not run some of the clock out at end of first half. Know we wanted to score but to do three unsuccessful passing plays with a minute and a half on clock and give them the ball right back with 1:22 still left was stupid
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
That let them cut it from a 3 TD deficit to a more manageable 2 TD and go into locker room feeling much better.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 05:52 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Media loves to spin things against the Bengals for sure.  I got a laugh out of this article, "Questionable holding call helped Bengals nail down victory."  No mention of the suspect PI call that kept the Ravens alive and helped them score a TD.  Instead, a questionable holding call gave the Bengals the game spin.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/14/questionable-holding-call-helped-bengals-nail-down-victory/

But like I have stated before, a lot of Internet sports  "journalism" is more about generating clicks than quality and fair reporting.

Holy shit if that isn't a spin then i don't know what is. But that's Florio for ya.

He hates the Bengals.

In fact i thinks it's best at this point to presume 99% of the media hates the Bengals. 

Hence why casual fans still think our team is made up of a bunch of thugs and criminals.

Meanwhile it still hasn't been reported that a team that resides in a city that has had racial tension in the past, including riots, has never had a player kneel during the Anthem. Which would also go far to dispel the thug and criminal myth.

So yeah, in the media we have definite bias and outright hate. Whether or not that translates to the NFL cannot yet be confirmed with evidence because as already mentioned - the officiating has been horrible all over the league.

No thanks to Goodell who has just about ruined the game itself.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 08:34 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Holy shit if that isn't a spin then i don't know what is. But that's Florio for ya.

Yeah, I follow NBC sports a lot because they break a lot of news early, but when I see it is a Florio article no matter the team reported on I normally either gloss over the article and then read to the comments that usually correct or debunk what he reported on or hit the back button.  Quality, fair and balanced reporting isn't his strong point in my opinion. Of course he started Profootballtalk which became an affiliate of NBC so I suppose he did something right.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
The worst is going to be watching sacks become 15 yd penalties league wide. I believe I heard that last week there were a record number of roughing the QB calls.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 02:08 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: There’s no conspiracy.  We played like crap in second half.  The NFL didn’t make the Bengals throw it 3x at the end of the half.

I mean, both can be true. Not that I believe in a full blown conspiracy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals and small market teams are the welfare teams of the NFL per the NFL.
Reply/Quote
It's an interesting observation but i doubt the refs intentionally decide to call the game a certain way because one team has a big lead. I do think that home field advantage may sway certain refs to make certain calls so they don't have to hear it from the fans. I wonder if there is any data that proves it though...
Reply/Quote
Well when they come flat out and say they want more scoring it's pretty obvious. Just 1 week into the season (2 for us) I have seen some of the worse calls of my life. Roughing the passer in our game was a joke as well as the PI calls. It really is getting hard to watch. Can't even enjoy a good play without waiting for a flag first.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 02:18 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: How many times have I heard why didn't they step on their throats when they had them down. Well that's what they tried to do. Although I'm not happy with how it turned out I'm glad they didn't play like the SAME OLD BENGALS. Like they say hindsight is 20/20

Stepping on the throats would have meant going into halftime with a 21 point lead and getting the ball back with the 2nd half kick. After the first pass fell incomplete, the next plays should have been runs to burn clock and make the ravens use TOs. The time to step back on the gas would have been upon getting the ball first to start the second half. There's aggressive, smart aggressive, and not so smart aggressive. I outlined smart aggressive, the Bengals went stupid aggressive.
Reply/Quote
Perfect example of the lousiness of NFL officiating--Weddle's interception attempt. The ref who was two feet away from it correctly called him out. Another ref, farther away and apparently not wearing his glasses, ran in and overruled the original call, which was clearly the right call as shown on replay. The second boob was so convinced the first boob was wrong that he had to run in and get his way and the first boob allowed it to happen.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote