Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Pollack Experiment Should End
Frank Pollack came into here expected to change the offensive line woes. Last year, he had a pass because of what he was working with and this offseason we completely revamped the line and still have one of the worst OL in the NFL. We are second only behind the Bears in sacks allowed.

And don't blame Burrow because he is ranked 4th among all starting QB with getting rid of the ball the quickest.

It's absolutely pathetic to watch this offense crumble week after week with all the weapons we have. The experiment is over, find someone who can do their job and create an offensive line that will let other players have an opportunity to do their job.
Reply/Quote
This is all part of the Bengals master plan.

They replaced Alexander and bring in Pollack. the Cowboys hire Alexander. Both last a year or less. Then the Bengals bring in Turner...and make the fans wish for Pollack back. Turner struggles. Is replaced with Pollack. Now he struggles.

And the Bengals...bring back Alexander?!?!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:27 PM)GodFather Wrote: Frank Pollack came into here expected to change the offensive line woes. Last year, he had a pass because of what he was working with and this offseason we completely revamped the line and still have one of the worst OL in the NFL. We are second only behind the Bears in sacks allowed.

And don't blame Burrow because he is ranked 4th among all starting QB with getting rid of the ball the quickest.

It's absolutely pathetic to watch this offense crumble week after week with all the weapons we have. The experiment is over, find someone who can do their job and create an offensive line that will let other players have an opportunity to do their job.

Burrow's pressure rate is also somewhere in the middle of the pack...yet he gets sacked A LOT.

Some of sacks is on the QB. The line struggles run blocking. Teams know the Bengals will pass in shotgun so they get blitzed.

I think Pollack needs to go. But, I also thing the scheme doesn't help the line. Not being able to run the ball allows defenses to pass rush.

It's a perfect storm of ineptness that our coaches can't fix.
Reply/Quote
Pollack is not an experiment. We knew what we were getting and it wasn't very good the first time. We should look to experiment with someone like Willie Anderson or Big Whit.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Burrow's pressure rate is also somewhere in the middle of the pack...yet he gets sacked A LOT.

Some of sacks is on the QB. The line struggles run blocking. Teams know the Bengals will pass in shotgun so they get blitzed.

I think Pollack needs to go. But, I also thing the scheme doesn't help the line. Not being able to run the ball allows defenses to pass rush.

It's a perfect storm of ineptness that our coaches can't fix.

I agree the scheme is not helping the line, it's the definition of a total shitshow. Zac is out coached week after week and the car salesman throws his pitch it will be fine. As far as Zac is concerned, I wouldn't waste my breath... Marvin was with us a lifetime and never won a Super Bowl, Zac took us to one last year...forget it he's like herpes...with us forever.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pollack is not an experiment. We knew what we were getting and it wasn't very good the first time. We should look to experiment with someone like Willie Anderson or Big Whit.

or just sign them, even at their age they cant do any worse. 

Ok maybe that's a stretch and agree we need a new O-line coach

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:27 PM)GodFather Wrote: Frank Pollack came into here expected to change the offensive line woes. Last year, he had a pass because of what he was working with and this offseason we completely revamped the line and still have one of the worst OL in the NFL. We are second only behind the Bears in sacks allowed.

ZT Experiment should end
Reply/Quote
I am completely over it. It's not just the OL play, but its the players they bring in.

They keep whiffing on drafting OL. That's a direct reflection on Pollack who I am sure has input on who they should be drafting.

Time to move the hell on and bring in someone completely new.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:39 PM)Go Cards Wrote: or just sign them, even at their age they cant do any worse. 

Ok maybe that's a stretch and agree we need a new O-line coach

Isn't Willie the one who recommend Carman to the staff?
Reply/Quote
One thing not being brought up enough is Pollack is the run game coordinator. Which has been just as much of a problem as the pass protection.

I was high on bringing Pollack back, but this is a results driven business, and the results have been putrid. It just sucks that even if we do move on from Pollack we’ll be spending the early part of next season talking about the OL needing time to learn a new coaches scheme.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Isn't Willie the one who recommend Carman to the staff?

Nope, that was Piano Man

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:57 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Nope, that was Piano Man

And Willie…

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/willie-anderson-gives-stamp-of-approval-on-second-round-pick-jackson-carman

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: One thing not being brought up enough is Pollack is the run game coordinator. Which has been just as much of a problem as the pass protection.

I was high on bringing Pollack back, but this is a results driven business, and the results have been putrid. It just sucks that even if we do move on from Pollack we’ll be spending the early part of next season talking about the OL needing time to learn a new coaches scheme.

Same here, but it's obvious he ain't cutting the mustard.

Like you mentioned, and few rarely acknowledge, he is the run game coordinator. So really, ALL of this falls on him. 

Cut bait.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And Willie…

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/willie-anderson-gives-stamp-of-approval-on-second-round-pick-jackson-carman

Well *"$# Willie too then. I didn't remember, or didn't see that. I knew Mike asked Alexander about him.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Isn't Willie the one who recommend Carman to the staff?

Brown asked Alexander for his opinion and Alexander gave a glowing recommendation.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Well I didn't suggest Willie be named GM.

Who knows maybe the kid did well working out with Willie. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I remember Joe Mixon being extremely excited that Pollack was coming back. Haven't really seen much of a reason why.
Is Joe hurt or has he just hit a wall in his career or is it a poor run blocking scheme with poor personnel?

I simply don't know, but we have to have a running game or Joe is going to get killed.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
Pollack has to go asap
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
One of the big reasons we brought him in was not only to protect Burrow, but also to unlock Mixon. The protection remains... let's call it mediocre... and the latter is not happening. As such, I don't know what the argument would be to keep him other than continuity for continuity's sake.
Reply/Quote
I just don't think talent is the issue with this team. The roster is loaded. We have a QB and 2 WR's on rookie deals. Our roster will likely not be this loaded again in Burrow's career.

I think it's totally a coaching/scheme issue.
Reply/Quote